• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pikeman

Reactions: deepstrasz
A cool pikeman. Hope you enjoy it :).

Added a shield, changed the weapon, applied a few different skins, attached a crossbow to his back, and gave him a helmet.

Uses the felguard animations. You don't need to import any skins.

This model was made using Magos' Model Editor and Oinkerwinkle's tools. Thanks for creating awesome model editing tools guys ;).

Keywords:
pike, man, sword, warrior, soldier,
Contents

Pikeman (Model)

Reviews
Werewulf: Works ingame and nice.
Level 13
Yeah, mega coolpikeman and a preety big filesize to boot ! Please try and trim some non needed faces down a bit. Stuff like the pike for instance could be changed. Instead of a curvy shape, make it straight and make his right arm and shoulder smaller, make his left arm sheild a square and perhaps straighten the crossbow.

Hopefully with said changes you can push the polies back to 700. Plus, i recomend you use the MDX-squisher tool to further decrease filesize.

EDIT: whoops my bad, the textures you included are most likely ingame, thus making its real filesize a mere 100 kb. Still though, i would still like his right arm made skinnier.

Level 6
isnt this the model that i and some other peeps (happytauren and someone else) helped make except for the skin??

[EDIT] ok just checking

Level 2
Shoulderpad

I think that the right shoulderpad should be smaller, he looks more like some elite troop more then an ordinary pikeman.

Level 2
Hmm...

One outstanding model! I can't get over how good it is! :thumbs_up:

On to my question, did you make proper attachment points? It seems if I remove the weapon and try to add special effects to it, they all just float above his head no matter which attachment point I try. :bored:

I'll try messing around with it to see if I can fix that. Don't worry, I won't put it up or anything, just going to test it.

-Wolfangel