• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tauer's Models 2.0

Level 11
Don't apologize mate, there is no hurry and RL is more important. We'll just be happy when you return. Until then, take care and good luck for your exams and all IRL stuff :)

Level 49
Tauer, you are not disappointing anyone! It's completely understandable to have a life outside of Warcraft 3 modding - in fact, I would say it's recommended. ;)

Focus on what you need to do, we'll be here expecting your return whenever you find the time. I'm certain I am not alone when I say that we all support you in your endeavours, whatever they may be. Keep on being awesome, dude.

Son of a motherless ogre!

Hive apparently forgot I was watching this thread (and your whole profile for that matter) and didn't tell me you poked your head out of woodworks again! Glad to see you're still doing alright! And yeah, don't sweat it man. It would only be disappointing if you said you were never coming back, and even then if that happened (spirits forbid), most of us would understand. :3

Level 14
Since this thread is mostly all 2nd war themed, how about serving the rest of the Sons of Lothar some justice? The current Khadgar model from Legion kind of destroys the whole theme of Medievh robbing him of his youth. And an Uther model maybe that's distinct from the generic WC3 paladin? Kurdran and Danath haven't even seen the light of day here in the Hive. W
@Tauer, would you be willing to complete the entire roster?

I'd really like to see him do Zuluhead the Whacked
A Legendary but always forgotten Orc

gave the Horde it's most powerful weapon in the entire war DRAGONS

But I do agree Khadgar probably should be next. It's time. Throw a youth model in there too. I'm sure OutsiderXE could make WONDERFUL use of it for his next
The Last Guardian update

And Rondstat will surely use it for his nearly complete 2nd War campaign
Legacy of the Master

which turns out most of the major heroes of the Horde and Alliance present in it you made glorious models that are getting used.

Level 7
I was wondering if you were slowly working towards remaking all the Warcraft 2 heroes? It seems you are already well on the way if that is the case :p

Some interesting ones could be Kurdran and Kargath. I know you aren't a fan of the WoD redesigns for the warchiefs (I'm not a big fan of most of them either except for kargath) so it would be interesting to see what your version would look like.

An old-school young Uther could be cool as well, like the one from the WoW tcg:
300px-Uther_TCG.jpg

Last edited:
Level 7
There are already nice models of those heroes
No need of multiple models for the same thiing
Especially when the one already there are really good
Go check Tauer, and Uji already has a model of Teron, go check Death Knights
I love the Ujimasa model for Teron! I just think it would be neat to have all of the WCII team in the same visual style. After all, Ujimasa also made an Alleria and Guldan model, but that isn't stopping Tauer from making his own versions of those characters. Tauer has also updated his old models before (like Orgrim and Cho'Gall), so it doesn't rule out the idea that he may be interested in remaking more of his old models.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

In the meantime you could stop spamming the thread.

Level 39
@Tauer can we expect the models you've started and showed WIPs for in this thread to be finished eventually or did the announcement for Reforged affect your plans in any way?

Hey there! You can definitely expect them to be finished. I have in fact finished the modeling phase for all of my currently planned models, as well as the texturing for most of them. As for what they are, I'd like to keep that a surprise :)
I don't plan on Reforged affecting my future models in any way. I don't believe that traditional custom resources will ever be redundant, given our ability to switch between the art styles in Reforged. I think a lot of people will still be playing with the old one, especially for custom maps and campaigns.

I can't really tell you when the models will be finished though, as I'm really busy right now. But they are coming ;)

Does this mean we won't be seeing revamped versions of your models for Reforged? :(
I think it more means that he won't stop making models in this style. He might still do Reforged style models as like a side thing, haha. Then again, the style of Reforged is going to be a lot different from OG Warcraft 3 style, so it might be awhile before we see anyone trying to do models like that.

Reactions: Rui
Level 2
Hey there! You can definitely expect them to be finished. I have in fact finished the modeling phase for all of my currently planned models, as well as the texturing for most of them. As for what they are, I'd like to keep that a surprise :)
I don't plan on Reforged affecting my future models in any way. I don't believe that traditional custom resources will ever be redundant, given our ability to switch between the art styles in Reforged. I think a lot of people will still be playing with the old one, especially for custom maps and campaigns.

I can't really tell you when the models will be finished though, as I'm really busy right now. But they are coming ;)
come on man it's been more than year :(

seems someone is the mod's pet
Some people have a life, friend. As a personal friend of Tauer's, I can safely tell you he's been going through a lot for the past year and simply hasn't had as much time as he would like to work on modeling. He'll get back to it when he can, he always does, and your entitled whining won't make it happen any quicker.

@Kyrbi0 I legit lol'd, way to go. x'D

Level 49
Kyrb, I think he meant that someone reported his post and the mods deleted it, I don't know if you've seen but he had an even more toxic reply to yours beforehand.

On that note, @Proudzilla, chill out and stop being such a twat. Tauer will be back when he decides, or he won't be back at all, and that's entirely his choice. You have NO right to pressure him about it.

Level 2
Some people have a life, friend. As a personal friend of Tauer's, I can safely tell you he's been going through a lot for the past year and simply hasn't had as much time as he would like to work on modeling. He'll get back to it when he can, he always does, and your entitled whining won't make it happen any quicker.

@Kyrbi0 I legit lol'd, way to go. x'D

Kyrb, I think he meant that someone reported his post and the mods deleted it, I don't know if you've seen but he had an even more toxic reply to yours beforehand.

On that note, @Proudzilla, chill out and stop being such a twat. Tauer will be back when he decides, or he won't be back at all, and that's entirely his choice. You have NO right to pressure him about it.
Fellas, I wasn't talking about Tauer, if anything he is one if not the best modeler around here and I'm a big fan of his work, I was just checking after a year for his great models.

My post was for the guy (who is now trying to be all witty and still doesn't realise why I posted that, unlike you) that jumped over from nowhere to reply something nobody asked him, and when I replied to him the post just got deleted.

Anyway I'm not going to continue arguing about this because it has no point. All I was trying to do was showing Tauer that I'm dying for his beautiful models to see the light :). I genuinely hope the guy is doing ok with his life.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
@Proudzilla I'm glad to hear it, though honestly it's hard to interpret your first & inciting comment:
upload_2019-5-29_2-49-19.png

As anything other than what we interpreted it as.

Normally when you are responding to someone you quote them, or @ them, or at least write down their name. So if you're *not* talking to Tauer here, why does it use his name/quote & not the other guy?

Level 2
@Kyrbi0 He's not worth the time, mate. Guy's got his head stuck between his legs.
I reported this to confirm the mod's team likes to have a polite mood in the forums, seems it's no the case because I posted something not even half like this one and it gets deleted within the day for "not being nice" but this one has nothing wrong because "That's very calm actually. You also put the percieved hate on yourself."
It seems the moderation rules are not the same for everyone.

Last edited:
Level 39
Hey guys.

Sorry for dropping off the face of the Earth (again), but as you might've guessed I've been busy with RL stuff. I'd like to thank everybody for your continued support and interest in my models. It really means a lot to me, as does the fact that you guys are willing to speak on my behalf when some users get a wee bit impatient. I don't want to make a big deal out of this, especially since the whole thing looks to be a bit of a misunderstanding. I will say that I understand the frustration of waiting for something you really look forward to, especially when you don't get regular updates. Ultimately I have a hard time getting too angry about this, seeing as it's all coming from a place of love for my work. But the fact is that I've simply had too much going on to make Warcraft modeling a priority.

On a more positive note, I have actually started working on my latest project again. My current plan is to get it finished sometime this summer if I'm not too busy. As for what it is I still want to keep a lid on that, but I can tell you that it's quite a bit larger than any of my previous releases. If I do turn out to be busier than I'd imagined I will probably release part the project first. So no matter what I will be releasing something in the near future, but I'd prefer to finish the whole thing before this happens.

Anyway, that's it from me. Just wanted to give a quick update. Sorry again for the extreme absence.

Level 3
I check this thread occasionally for updates and it was quite a pleasant surprise to hear from you. Glad to hear you still have plans for future releases, though I think it would've been better to leave a little more hint as to your future releases. It would make some of the more excited fans calm down for sure.

Level 14
Hey guys.

Sorry for dropping off the face of the Earth (again), but as you might've guessed I've been busy with RL stuff. I'd like to thank everybody for your continued support and interest in my models. It really means a lot to me, as does the fact that you guys are willing to speak on my behalf when some users get a wee bit impatient. I don't want to make a big deal out of this, especially since the whole thing looks to be a bit of a misunderstanding. I will say that I understand the frustration of waiting for something you really look forward to, especially when you don't get regular updates. Ultimately I have a hard time getting too angry about this, seeing as it's all coming from a place of love for my work. But the fact is that I've simply had too much going on to make Warcraft modeling a priority.

On a more positive note, I have actually started working on my latest project again. My current plan is to get it finished sometime this summer if I'm not too busy. As for what it is I still want to keep a lid on that, but I can tell you that it's quite a bit larger than any of my previous releases. If I do turn out to be busier than I'd imagined I will probably release part the project first. So no matter what I will be releasing something in the near future, but I'd prefer to finish the whole thing before this happens.

Anyway, that's it from me. Just wanted to give a quick update. Sorry again for the extreme absence.
Take your time, don't mind the impatient and Illidanic (I grow impatient) ones. :)

Level 2
Hey guys.

Well... I've seen your models and they look pretty rad, I also read that you have been away, but I noticed that you returned! I'm kinda new here, but I lurk on HIVE for a long time, maybe since 15 years ago, maybe some of you knew me as Anknaton, that was a while ago and I didn't manage to recover the old account. But not important, so welcome back Tauer! Always loved your modelling work, but I noticed something, you actually remade your old Cho'gall, so I've been wondering... Will you also remake others of your older models like, Kargath, Kilrogg, Ner'zhul, Dentarg, Blackhand and last but not least the Clan related Grunts, they need an update to your more recent model style. Not only me, but I'm pretty sure others would love to see it! You done a great job with the most frequent ones. Keep it up! Looking forward for your next projects. And once again thanks a lot for your amazing models! Just a small thing heads up, I'm still using your old models that I mentioned before in my project. They still look alright to me but would be awesome to see them updated. Hope see more news from your creations and yourself!

All the best!

Last edited:
Level 39
Hey guys!

So. Ralle has helped me reopen this thread, partly at SpasMaster's request, partly because I wanted to give an update to you guys myself.

Before I get your hopes up too much, I am not ready for a release just yet. It's getting very close though. Before New Year's might be too optimistic, but at least sometime in January. I have been insanely busy this past year - studies have taken up most of my spare time. COVID hasn't helped much, although thankfully neither I nor my loved ones have been hit by it as of yet. I hope you guys are all staying safe!

Despite being busier than ever, I am actually paradoxically finding myself chipping away at the last pieces of the project at a faster pace than I have in some time. I think the studies are stressing me out so much that working on these models actually help me de-stress :grin:

I'd like to thank everybody who still checks in here and offers their support. As a show of gratitude I have decided to finally reveal what I have been working on with a little teaser:

render.png

I apologize for being a drama-queen and keeping it hidden, I just felt that releasing them all together was an opportunity I couldn't miss :)

I promise to get it finished and released as soon as I can - it's been like 3 years since I've uploaded a new model. Time flies.