• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some Beginner Questions About 3DS MAX 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hey Modellers,

I just got 3DS MAX 9 and started to model something out of boxes.
I created a "Symmetry" Modifier, so all I do on the right sight, automatically happens on the other.

Here's my first problem.

The Symmetry works perfectly, but every time I go back to my Editable Poly, the Symmetry goes away.
But in the tutorial I saw, the Modifier stayed there while editing the Poly.

What do I have to set, so it works at me, too?

Second question:

Where can I find a list of all hotkeys?

Third Question:
Where can I see the Poly Count of my complete model?

Maybe more questions follow.

Thanks for your help.
+rep for useful answers.

chilla_killa

1. i dont think that worked the exact same way in the tuto as u described...
the modifiers are historically correct, which means that if you activate the modifier atthe bottom of the stack most of the modifiers above it will be inactive...

u can do two things:
either start one half with an edit modifier and then put the symmetry modifier on it and aftwerwards put another edit mesh modifier on it

or

you start modeling one half, then go out of the submenu (like not having "select vertex" or" select face" or anythign activated) and then mirror it having the clone option selected

2. on google, really, that was less than a minute:
http://www.google.de/search?q=3dsma...&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a

http://www.3dvalley.com/tutorials/3d-studio-max-hotkeys-and-mouse-essentials

3. two ways:
either you click on the hammer symbol on the right side of your side menu and then click on more and then on polycount or you hit "7" on your keyboard

(that makes three usefull answers = at least 3 reppoints^^ <- just a joke, dont take me serious guys)

Status
Not open for further replies.