• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having trouble with models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi. I am new to the workshop and have to ask you guys for help. Every time I try to add a model into the editor it doesn't seem to work. One of those models is this one; http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?id=gutz7n&p=tutorial_import
I followed the tutorial step by step but it doesn't seem to work. I changed the path for the model to: UrukHaiSwordsman.mdx Like the tutorial said. It just appears as a green cube when I place it and it displays the message: Could not load file: UrukHaiSwordsman.mdl
I might just be doing something wrong but since I am new here some guidence would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking your time to read this.

EDIT: I also tried saving the map, closing it and opening it again. Didn't work :c

Last edited:
Level 2
Oh alright I'll go over there then. :S

And I tried that too. Forgot to say that I saved, closed and opened the map again. Well, it seems that I am stuck with the default models for now... :ogre_frown:

Thanks for your reply though. Have a nice day :3

Level 5
I've just tested it, and it works for me, you probably didn't set the textures to the right paths, instead of:
  • war3mapImported\UrukHai.blp
  • war3mapImported\UrukWeapons.blp
use:
  • UrukHai.blp
  • UrukWeapons.blp
And also, again, reopen the map.

Attachments

• UrukTest.w3m
    76.9 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.