• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Having trouble with models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi. I am new to the workshop and have to ask you guys for help. Every time I try to add a model into the editor it doesn't seem to work. One of those models is this one; http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/m...utorial_import
I followed the tutorial step by step but it doesn't seem to work. I changed the path for the model to: UrukHaiSwordsman.mdx Like the tutorial said. It just appears as a green cube when I place it and it displays the message: Could not load file: UrukHaiSwordsman.mdl
I might just be doing something wrong but since I am new here some guidence would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking your time to read this.

I also tried saving the map, closing it and opening it again. Didn't work. :c

Level 14
You don't have to change the path of the model. The only time you would need to change a path is if it has a custom texture.

For that particular model you would need to import the model and the two textures. Then in the import manager change the texture paths to UrukHai.blp and UrukWeapons.blp.

You would still need to save and restart the editor before they will show up though.

Also if you use more than one of the UrukHai units you don't need to re-import the skins since they share the same two.

Status
Not open for further replies.