• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Faced Off

Reactions: deepstrasz
A short horror cinamatic.
I actually wanted to take part in the last cinematic contest, but i was lateby one day. So I stopped doing it and I just decide to finish it yesterday.
Contents

Faced Off (Map)

Reviews
13:56, 19th May 2008 Firelord213: It's a quite short cinematic but it's at the edge of approval. It's nice made but could use a little bit more work with the camera. And one of the torches are flying , Try fixing that. *Approved*

M

13:56, 19th May 2008
Firelord213:
It's a quite short cinematic but it's at the edge of approval.
It's nice made but could use a little bit more work with the camera.
And one of the torches are flying , Try fixing that.
*Approved*

Level 5
terrain: 3/10
dialog: 4/10
story: 5/10
camerawork: 4/10
music: 7/10
e*-factor: 4/10
idea/execution: 4/10

overall i'd give it a 5/10

the main problem of your map is the lack in doodads; a horrorcinematic is entirely supported by music, light, environment
the latter is only composed of cityscape walls some torches and some corpse, the second surrounding is supposed to be indoor, isn't it? indoor ambience has a ceiling. for me, that is.

also the camera changes hight, i agree by using cliffs the camera adjustment becomes more difficult, but i think it's possible

i will not give it a rating here 'cos i think it is still on a minicontest level
i just want to give advise that u should not only focus on the main objects like simply putting a corpse somewhere and say "hey there's a dead body that's scary" u are in need to create a certain atmosphere
it would've been a 6/10 if u'd just used a customwall for indoor instead of odd cliffs and gave it a ceiling

don't take it too censorious - i just wanna help :D