• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mining Wars v.3

Hello and Welcome to Mining Wars v.3 Reloaded!

138756-albums4471-picture43516.png

Let me explain for you how this map is all about, the only two things you need to know is:
1. You mine deposits for ores and sell them to the blacksmith in the middle of the map.
2. Trade silver coins to gold, once you have reached 200g you win simple as that.

138756-albums4471-picture43518.png

-Abilitys-
Your mining ability is of course your main ability.

[] = hotkeys

Mining [F] - Cost 40 mana, deals 1,5 damage to target ore deposit, the player that gets the last hit receive the ore.
Slam [Q] - Cost 50 mana, push back target enemy and deals damage.
Leap [W] - Cost 40 mana, leap/jump to target location.
Ale Toss [E] - Cost 60 mana, Slows attack speed and reduce the target hit chance and to all nearby enemys.
Ensnare [R] - Cost 50 mana, snare target in place making it unable to move (leap is still available).
Fake Deposit [T] - Place a fake deposit, tricking other players to mine it, when destroyed dealing damage to all nearby units and spawns a creep under it.

-GamePlay-
As said before your main focus is trading in your silver to gold until you get 200g.

The map have four corners, there is a farm at one corner, moving around the corners of the map, the farm is a
"safezone" while within the zone you become invincible and you will regererate health much faster then normal.

138756-albums4471-picture43517.png

After a long game time, a giant moster creature will spawn near the blacksmith, this monster can instantly kill you if you get to close, but its very slow thus making it easy to kite it, but watch out other players may interfere.

Every 100 seconds of the game, the gate on the top of the map will open and letting in goblin miners, those miners purpose is to mine and steal your deposits (they cannot attack you directly, but they have abilitys that can affect you).

138756-albums4471-picture43519.png

-Known Bugs-
* Ability "Slam" not properly going on cooldown after use.

Hotmail: [email protected]

Credit to all contributors at "thehiveworkshop.com" that supported this map.

Keywords:
Mining, Ore, Rock, Pick, Axe, Cave, Gold, Silver, Iron, Gold, Miner, Blacksmith, Goblin
Contents

Mining Wars v.3 (Map)

Reviews
Craka_J: Pretty cool new idea. Approved.
Level 18
Hi, I enjoyed your map, it seem very well done (no crushes). It's a pitty that not many other users have play it.

I'm not a famous map tester but this is what I saw....

1) Goblin miners always stay too close to the thier door, even when hit (with luck they mine something) but then they return to the door.

2) 1000 Gold is just too much, maybe you can adjut the gold goal to the numbers of players.

3) Only damage items its denies the game from more options, you need more mining related abilities and to buy items that help to mine or at least delay other miners.

4) Exchange silver for gold icons, look green when you are not near the shop building, maybe adding the disable version of the icons could solve this bug.

Level 3
Hi, I enjoyed your map, it seem very well done (no crushes). It's a pitty that not many other users have play it.

I'm not a famous map tester but this is what I saw....

1) Goblin miners always stay too close to the thier door, even when hit (with luck they mine something) but then they return to the door.

2) 1000 Gold is just too much, maybe you can adjut the gold goal to the numbers of players.

3) Only damage items its denies the game from more options, you need more mining related abilities and to buy items that help to mine or at least delay other miners.

4) Exchange silver for gold icons, look green when you are not near the shop building, maybe adding the disable version of the icons could solve this bug.

Hi, Astaroth Zion

Thanks for the feedback, but it was a long time ago since I worked on this map, I maybe come back and fix those things later :)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Downloading.

Seems really unique and really fun.
However your descriptiion doesn't say much.

If this is an old thread, add a link so us newbies can read about it?
Besides mining I have no idea what to do in the map D:

Level 5
I liked the map :)
good work, but you could make the stun ability of the goblin miner to slower time, if the miner stun me, and beetles come to finish the job, i cant even defend my self...

i think this have 3/5 (Very Good) from me, also some rep point

Level 5
You could also make the players alied to each other, when i played online, players keep killing themselves (WTF These Fools)
For the Momment of Defeat and Victory, you could rapidly make each player enemy of each other, and give the victory to the certain player, dont having any problems of alied victory system
:)

Level 5
Wasnt that what i wanna mean buddy
is that the other players that dont understand the map kill them selves... is a race to see ho is more capable to pick more gold faster, not a race to see who can kill each other... :(
I See the game here with all post explaining how the game is, but online player no... so they dont understand the game...

Level 1
Wasnt that what i wanna mean buddy
is that the other players that dont understand the map kill them selves... is a race to see ho is more capable to pick more gold faster, not a race to see who can kill each other... :(
I See the game here with all post explaining how the game is, but online player no... so they dont understand the game...

@Great Chief Aeon

The Map is called Mining Wars for the reason.. You're Mining and Killing.
There should and possibly will be a so called "Friendly" mode that makes everyone teamed.
That way players that are new can play the game without being "Ganked" or "Sludge" Killed.

//DarkzVoid

P.S There is a lot of Information on the loading screen and in the game.

P.P.S By the way you should try the new version.

Level 5
@Great Chief Aeon

The Map is called Mining Wars for the reason.. You're Mining and Killing.
There should and possibly will be a so called "Friendly" mode that makes everyone teamed.
That way players that are new can play the game without being "Ganked" or "Sludge" Killed.

//DarkzVoid

Well, basicaly is exactly that what i wanted to mean... sorry if my english is totally poor... but i tryed what i could...

Level 1
hmmm, im actually abusing the slam cd. Its due to the fact that it applies the knockback before fully casted, meaning that even thought we did knockback the target, we can animation cancel it before the damage is applied, therefore canceling the full cast. and it is especially easy to do on the goblin miners although i dont know why.

One more thing is that you should fix the teams up. I had a few rounds with bastards picking my team and i cant skill them.

Level 3
hmmm, im actually abusing the slam cd. Its due to the fact that it applies the knockback before fully casted, meaning that even thought we did knockback the target, we can animation cancel it before the damage is applied, therefore canceling the full cast. and it is especially easy to do on the goblin miners although i dont know why.

One more thing is that you should fix the teams up. I had a few rounds with bastards picking my team and i cant skill them.

-Known Bugs-
* Ability "Slam" not properly going on cooldown after use.

Request any suggestions how to fix the problem, is appreciated :vw_wtf:

Level 2
Cool maps! I enjoy it a lot!
I don't why but sometimes, some players became invincible and killed the giant monster! OMG!

Anyway, it rocks!