• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini Battles v1.20b

Reactions: Blood Raven
Mini Battles is a fast paced mini-game styled map based on a "Knockout" (KO) system rather than the conventional damage system.

The objective of the game is to score as many points as possible within a limit amount of time. Points are awarded for inflicting KO onto other players through your character's spells and they are also deducted when KO is inflicted on you. As the word suggests, KO will also temporarily disable your character when it is inflicted, reducing the time you have to score points.

Currently, there are 8 playable characters in the game. Each character has its own quirks and playstyles, and some are not as straightforward as others. The intention is to have a unique playstyle for every character, that works (of course).

There are 3 more heros already in development (or waiting development), although alternative characters may be created.

Mini Battles is (or meant to be) a skill-based game. While there may be balance issues, the intention is for the more skilled player to win.

1.20b [QUICK FIX]: Fixed a glitch with Frostbone's mana after he uses Freezing Plateau

- New Spell and hero description templates. Most spell and hero descriptions have also been changed.
- Knockout durations are displayed up to 1 decimal place now.

- Apollo the Wind Fletcher and Navi the Wind Spirit have joined the battle.
- Velesis the Gravity Mistress has joined the battle.

- Removed range limit from Moonlight Hunter's Moonwell's Earthbind and Sentinel
- Moonlight Hunter's Moonbeam KO increased from 2s to 3s.
- Altered Moonlight Hunter's Shadow of the Moon projectile motion.
- Fixed a bug where Moonlight Hunter's Moonwell is not removed when Moonlight Hunter leaves.
- Added a hotkey for Moonwell's Sentinel to Moonlight Hunter.
- Fixed a bug with Moonlight Hunter's Shadow of the Moon where you could get 2 instances of it.
- Fixed a bug with Moonlight Hunter's Sentinel where the animation would last longer than the spell duration.

- Unholy Mage's Soul Stream cooldown reduced from 6s to 3s and summons 5 souls instead of 3.
- Unholy Mage's Blast Zone cooldown reduced from 9s to 5.5s.

- Shadowling's Decapitate AOE increased from 175 to 190.
- Shadowling's Shadow Nova has been remade.

- Master of Sagacity's Superceeding Replacement animation changed.
- Master of Sagacity's Superceeding Replacement no longer banishes enemies at the end of its path.
- Master of Sagacity's Superceeding Replacement cooldown decreased from 5s to 1s, speed increased from 300 to 800 and range from 600 to 800.

- Forgotten King's Dust Attack spreads over a cone now instead of all around.
- Forgotten King's Dust Attack cooldown reduced from 8s to 1.5s, and KO bonus reduced from +3s to +2s.
- Tweaked Forgotten King's King's Wrath animation; it should be less laggier now.

- Pirate of the Black Sea's Action Reaction cooldown increased from 8s to 9s, and no longer provides 1s invulerability upon proc.

- Knight of Assyria's Charge of Frejya KO reduced from 8s to 5s.
- Knight of Assyria's Wind Slash KO reduced from 8s to 4s.
- Fixed some bugs with Jump and Charge allowing the Knight to exit and push people out of map.

- Frostbone no longer regens mana while under the effect of Freezing Plateau.

- Mythical Warrior's Forward Force remade.
- Mythical Warrior's base ms reduced from 400 to 150.
- Mythical Warrior's Z-Strike duration reduced from 7s to 2s, and control interval reduced from 1.5s to 0s.
- Mythical Warrior's Pointal Strike cooldown reduced from 12s to 4s, and shooting effect removed.
- Mythical Warrior's Exiled cooldown reduced from 2s to 1s, and range reduced from 300 to 250.

- Fixed a bug with random where you could get 2 of the same heros in the same game.
- Reinforced map boundries; Most projectiles should not exit the map now.
- Added 30 seconds to the initial Timed Battle duration.
- Cleaned up some structs that were unused if transformational-type ultimates did not activate.
- Knockout Text and other text now appears immediately.
- God Help invunerability duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds.

- Aruthria the Knight of Assyria has joined the battle.

- Legendary Warrior's Triumphant Energy Blades icon has been changed to one with active borders.
- Legendary Warrior's Instinct now takes prority over Exiled.
- Legendary Warrior's Instinct text now displays over the Legendary Warrior instead of the attacker.
- Fixed a glitch where Mythical Warrior would have Energy Blades after reverting back from Legendary Warrior form.
- Fixed a bug with Mythical Warrior's Ultimate where he would not transform.

- Forgotten King's King's Wrath spell now creates fewer images. The number of images was creating lag. The effect remains unchanged.
- Forgotten King's Heirloom Dagger's Knockout duration decreased from 5 to 4 seconds.
- Forgotten King's Recklessness has been replaced with a new spell, Dust Attack. (I'm sorry for the name......)
- Forgotten King's Circle of Ascension now states its range correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Forgotten King could still move around after being Knocked out.
- When inflicting knockout with Forgotten King's Heirloom Dagger will display "SHIELD BREAKER" instead of the standard knockout text.

- Moonlight Hunter's Daedalus Shield fixed. It now defends properly against attacks.
- The number of projectiles Moonlight Hunter's Shadow of the Moon shoots out has been decreased from 15 to 6.
- Moonlight Hunter's Moonlit Wilderness animation now clears up properly.
- Moonlight Hunter's Firefly Web hotkey changed from Q to D.

- Unholy Mage's Blast Zone Area of Effect reduced from 600 to 400.
- Unholy Mage's Blast Zone countdown reduced from 5 to 3.
- Unholy Mage's Blast Zone cooldown reduced from 16 to 9.
- Unholy Mage's Soul Shard spell has been replaced with a new spell, Soul Stream.
- Unholy Mage's Unholy Pinwheel's animation changed to be more visible.
- Unholy Mage's Unholy Pinwheel's icon has been changed.
- Unholy Mage's Catalysis will be removed when the player leaves.
- Unholy Mage's Catalysis cast ranged increased from 500 to 700.
- Unholy Mage's Consuming Flames AOE reduced from 200 to 175.
- When inflicting knockout with Unholy Mage's Curse of the Warlock will display "Curse of the Warlock" instead of the standard knockout text.

- Master of Sagacity's Glacier of Astuteness counter is now hidden when the unit is knocked out.
- Master of Sagacity's Denizen's Acumen of Flame AOE has been decreased.
- Master of Sagacity's Denizen's Acumen of Flame duration has been tweaked.
- Master of Sagacity's Denizen's Acumen of Flame cooldown has been decreased.
- Master of Sagacity's Denizen's Acumen of Flame range has been increased.
- Master of Sagacity's Unlimited Turtle Works duration increased from 30 to 45 seconds.

- Frostbone's Freezing Plateau spawns 8 Orbs instead of 12.

- Shadowling's Shadow Nova now spawns 6 pulses instead of 15, and mana steal per pulse increased from 2 to 5. (Overall gain is still the same)
- Shadowling's Shadow Nova projectile motion changed to make it easier to aim.
- Shadowling's Shadow Nova cast range decreased from 750 to 500.
- Shadowling's Refraction Duration decreased from 2 to 1.5 seconds.
- Shadowling's Refraction cooldown decreased from 9 to 5 seconds.

- Pirate of the Black Sea has been remade.
- Old skills: Water's Surface - Reflection, Tidal Strike (old), Triangulation (old), Surface Tension's Bubble, Action Reaction (old), White Pearl
- New skills: Warpmark, Tidal Strike, Triangulation, Refresh, Action Reaction, White Pearl (unchanged)
- Pirate of the Black Sea's White Pearl's Capsize icon changed to one without autocast borders
- Pirate of the Black Sea's White Pearl mana cost increased from 70 to 90

Credits:
Several spells, and systems have been taken/referred from the sites of TheHelper and TheHiveWorkshop.

Special thanks to:
Darknessattack2 for testing the map, providing numerous feedbacks for its improvement and supporting the developement of the map, as well as hosting the map on his site.

R.A.T.S. and cybeast to whom I could just bounce random feedback off and not feel stupid, as well as testing the map.

Fishy90, cless123, Mr-Das and darkChaos23 for supporting and helping to test the map. It wouldn't be here without their support.

Vexorian from Wc3c for vJASS and the xefx System
Jesus4Lyf from TheHelper.net for GT, KT and DummyCaser System
COHADAR from Wc3c for TT and ABC Attachment System
Trollvottel from TheHelper.net for Simple Dash Spell
emjlr3 TheHelper.net and Shadow1500 for Jump Library
PeeKay from HiveWorkshop for Lightning Sphere FX
Frankster from HiveWorkshop for Fire Orb FX
varsaigen from HiveWorkshop for Flamerule Attachment
JetFangInferno from Wc3c for Orb Shields

Keywords:
fast, fast-paced, mini, mini-game, battle, fight, brawl, quick, short, small, epic, knockout, ko, knock out, battles, mb
Contents

Mini Battles v1.20b (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2011/Dec/10 15:19:28 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object...
Level 9
i played this map which looks very interesting (i like warlock) the vers 1.00 i have hard time to find 4 players (besides french ones :p)
so where can i play this ?

then i rmk with frenchies (8) but the game crashed after 2 min ingame

anyway it was a bit confusing we dont have time to read our spells and we are already dead
when we are too many it's hell

it looked not very balanced (especially the pirate but u changed it as i saw)

and finally i discovered the midnightinsomnia site and it looked very interesting too !! ty

PS : i had hard time to find ur map name in the hiveworkshop... "mini battles" is not very siginifiant

Level 2
Most crashes are fixed in v1.10

v1.20 will have shorter spell descriptions. (it is already done, but working on new heros, bug fixes and other stuff)

Map is quite new, so balance is not great, and I don't think many people play it yet. (sorry!)

Thanks for comment~

(I am working on v1.20 currently, but term recently started for me; expect v1.20 to be released within the next 2 months with 2 playable heros, and several skill remakes)

Level 2
I played this map inhouse with my clan, and I loved it! We had a great big laugh and a ton of fun, and the 15 minutes I set in seemed to fly by (there were five of us). I won 3 times in a row :). I think you should add a -restart button, because rehosting it everytime was a bit of a bummer.

I played the Blood Mage, the Demon Hunter and the Pirate extensively. I think you should increase the cooldown on the Blood Mage's Freeze ability, since I was able to spam it on top of players to fill the 5-slows bar that KO's em. Also his ultimate Turtle Works, while HILARIOUS is quite overpowered!

Level 3
Looks promising. Will test it in pub games.

EDIT: It's fun. But what it lacks are game modes and a tad bit more of balancing.

Last edited:
Level 2
I played this map inhouse with my clan, and I loved it! We had a great big laugh and a ton of fun, and the 15 minutes I set in seemed to fly by (there were five of us). I won 3 times in a row :). I think you should add a -restart button, because rehosting it everytime was a bit of a bummer.

I played the Blood Mage, the Demon Hunter and the Pirate extensively. I think you should increase the cooldown on the Blood Mage's Freeze ability, since I was able to spam it on top of players to fill the 5-slows bar that KO's em. Also his ultimate Turtle Works, while HILARIOUS is quite overpowered!

A rounds/match feature will be implmented in the future (a few versions later...). Its not possible to add it in now because of the way certain spells/hero selection works.

Currently, my focus is on hero's non-ulti spells (so ultis may feel OP) but I will take that in mind.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the map.

Level 1
Played this game with my friends , we like it ! 5/5

We feel that there can still be improvements , such as :

1) Adding more battlegrounds for the selection
2) A -restart feature would be good too , rehosting it everytime is a bit troublesome