• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Fog Horror v2.5

Reactions: deepstrasz
167625-albums6621-picture73244.gif

The town of Berg is a very remote place and it’s known for its very cold weather. Suddenly, all communications
from this place vanished.
The military headquarters 100 miles from away from Berg has sent you, an elite ranger
to find out what happen.

167625-albums6621-picture73243.gif

Survive waves of attacking zombies and optionally repair nearby defenses to keep zombies out.
Solve the mystery of this town until your ally comes.

167625-albums6621-picture73246.gif

167625-albums4826-picture73274.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture73275.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture73276.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture73277.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture73278.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture73279.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture73280.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture73281.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture73282.jpg

167625-albums4826-picture73283.jpg

167625-albums6621-picture73247.gif

v2.5
- Fixed a bug that game does not start
- Attack is now instant target instead of point target
- Hero is now a normal unit, so leveling is removed
- Difficulty settings removed
- Skippable cinematics added
- Items for heroes drops reduced

v2.4
- Systems and Spells improved.
- Camera lock removed
- Skippable cinematics removed to focus on the story.
- Difficulty modes added
- Hotkeys fixed and more easy to use
- Added adrenaline item

v 2.3
- Cinematics option to skip or not.
- Barricade changed to item instead of add ability.
- Quests messages created.
- Boost ability removed.
- Combat knife is now a default ability.
- Camera System fixed.
- Attack and Combat knife attacks fast.

v 2.2
- New multiplayer mode, 4 players maximum.
- New AI option if you play with computer as your ally.
- New Camera system.
- New Item item merger system which removes the item storage.
- New item drop system, removes tomes bacause it leaks.
- New cinematics and quests changes.
- A total of 8 new spells added.

167625-albums6621-picture73245.gif

Models:
US Ranger by qassamzed
GLA Rebel by qassamzed
UTN Grenadier by Cavman
Chaos Terminator by Pyramidhe@d
M-8 Helicopter by Kofi_Banan
T-72 Tank by Kofi_Banan
Grenade by Illidan(Evil)X
T-80 Tank by Illidan(Evil)X
Cobra Helicopter by Illidan(Evil)X
Apache Helicopter by Illidan(Evil)X
GroundWalker_Minigun by jk2pach
Snowpine tree by Gottfrei
FirstAid By Em!
MEDKIT by ZEEP
PotionHealingSmall By epsilon

Icons:
BTNM249 by zombie2279
BTNammo by AlienArsonist
BTNammodump by zombie2279
BTNCombatknife by oh_snap
BTNGrenadeF1 by ANdROnIQ
BTNGunFire by NFWar
BTNreload by zombie2279
BTNMedikit By -JonNny
BTNAdrenalin By -JonNny

Music boss theme:
Duke Nukem Theme by Megadeth

Programs used:
Button Manager v1.8.2 by Shadow Daemon (for icons)

Systems:
Bribe, Magtheridon96, Jesus4Lyf, Vexorian, Spinnaker

Spells:
ElectricCharge by Hanky
Contents

Fog Horror v2.5 (Map)

Reviews
11:21, 25th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment 19:13, 27th Sep 2010 ap0calypse: unlocked. 22:06, 20th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected

M

11:21, 25th Jun 2011
-Kobas-:
Comment
19:13, 27th Sep 2010
ap0calypse: unlocked.

22:06, 20th Aug 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Level 29
Don't double post, use edit button instead. Also just remove the FPS camera, for some maps FPS just wrecks it alot.

Thank you for your advice, I'm gonna update it as soon as i get home. But i really want to do FPS since the theme of this is like Nazi Zombies. Camera wrecks if you only go to high or low ground, other than that it's OK.

Level 29
The camera is very bad for this type of game, the story is too cliché, the systems are a bit outdated, the terrain is very plain and boring, the language isn't very polished.

I'll set it to needs fix, but it need lots of fixes.

I'm gonna heed most of your advice mr apocalypse like the camere thing

but the site rules did not say that the terrain must be very good nor 'not' plain nor 'not' boring

another thing, what do you mean by very polished language and systems are outdated?, i'm not really good in english like you guys

thanks anyway :)

Level 28
Well, I think it's pretty clear that a plain/boring terrain decreases the overall quality of the map, no?
You didn't break a rule with such a terrain, you are just decreasing the quality of your map.

Polished language:
  • "I" should be with a capital letter, always.
  • "Ammo and grenade is your weapon", this sentence just isn't right.
  • Very basic vocabulary ("Yes Kendal, we hear you, what's up?" for example, this could've been so much better).
  • Some grammatical mistakes (forgotten where, but it had something to do with the wrong tenses).
  • Sometimes wrong punctuation.

Outdated systems:
Simple attack = -1 ammo system, no ammo = stop.
Grenade just damages a spot in front of you.
Multiboard contains basic icons (which you should've hidden).
For the rest, there really aren't any systems worth mentioning, the multiboard is very simple, the spawn is generic, the camera is basic.

I honestly fear this map has leaks, but I am too lazy to deprotect it to check how you did the triggers.

Misc:
  • Chopper flies very badly.
  • After your first zombie kill, a cutscene starts, which makes it impossible for you to destroy the explosive barrel to kill/damage the horde of zombies coming at you.
  • Missing DISBTN.
  • "Survive endless waves", you cannot survive something that never ends :D
  • Intro cinematic cannot be skipped, after playing it 2-3 times it becomes a horror.

Level 29
Well, I think it's pretty clear that a plain/boring terrain decreases the overall quality of the map, no?
You didn't break a rule with such a terrain, you are just decreasing the quality of your map.

I respect your judgement, but I did my best in terraining, I listen to the advice of others that I should not make the land flat, I also put various doodads, but I am not as good as you guys.

About polished language, I will try to do better, still I am not good in english so please don’t expect too much of my english.

About outdated system, I will renew the weapon system and add a little more ability/weapon.

In general, version 0.2 is out and there are more improvements, I posted it in the map development area so that people can review it.

"Survive endless waves", you cannot survive something that never ends :D

Yes you can, that’s what the theme is all about, Nazi Zombies of CoD and that’s why the description says ‘Survive until you die’ :)

All in all, I thank you for your review but please don’t expect that I am very good in english nor I am very good in making maps. I’m just starting to improve.

Level 18
Fog Horror v0.7 Review

Fog Horror v0.7 is a Survival map made by mckill2009.

I see Ap0 allready reviewed your map and gave you all the pointers you need. I just played this and I find it very bad, since Ap0 allready wrote almost everything, I will be short:

o Very bad terrain, plain, you should seek help, since you need good terrain for a map of this type.

o Missing (green) icons. The DISBTNs are missing.

o Uninteresting story.

o Uninteresting shooting system.

I dunno, if you worked on your terrain a lot, added more options to the game, improved the story a bit, perhaps this could have a chance for a 2/5.

Level 29
Fog Horror v0.7 is a Survival map made by mckill2009.

I see Ap0 allready reviewed your map and gave you all the pointers you need. I just played this and I find it very bad, since Ap0 allready wrote almost everything, I will be short:

o Very bad terrain, plain, you should seek help, since you need good terrain for a map of this type.

o Missing (green) icons. The DISBTNs are missing.

o Uninteresting story.

o Uninteresting shooting system.

I dunno, if you worked on your terrain a lot, added more options to the game, improved the story a bit, perhaps this could have a chance for a 2/5.

well, I'm just a rookie in terrain making. I seek help in forums. Anyway, I didnt make any violation of the rules, Apo made the review in version 1 which has an unfinished storyline, if you go on to the game deeper, you'll understand what's behind the story

EDIT

Version 1.12
- Floating text has been improved

For full changelogs, see description.

Last edited:
Level 6
Honestly I though this was a different map until I saw my comment. Im going to check it again, see hows it been.

Level 29
You can ask help from other people for the map's terrain
The minimap image is good but the game terrain and other stuffs!
"Don't judge the book by it's cover"

Version 1.13
- Terrain has been improved, like trees, rocks, mountains
- Fixed cannot see the ally units clearly because of fog during cinematic in the last scenes

Level 3
ok i played it and it was quite good but theat grinding quest is realy boring ... i think it would be better if you could create baricades evrywere in town not only at enterances

Level 29
@BLKS

Thanks for the good comment but for barricades, I really can't put it everywhere in town since this is the theme, Nazi zombies, any thanks again for the comment...

@Midnighters

Thanks, but I'm trying to compress the screenshots to reduce file size, anyway new screenshots and video will come since v1.13 has a new improved terrain...

Level 5
It is a good game but a bit boring (always must type the same button "Attack" to attack a zombie... you should use the mouse to shoot them by example and should move with arrow key... There are minor and "big" bug... After Each cinematic, I must type offcam...... And When I was lvl 10, I can go out the town, that's OK. But when I was lvl 14, I have destroyed a undead building, and I saw 3 differents cinematics, I didn't understand anything and the game ends o_O

2/5

Level 29
It is a good game but a bit boring (always must type the same button "Attack" to attack a zombie... you should use the mouse to shoot them by example and should move with arrow key... There are minor and "big" bug... After Each cinematic, I must type offcam...... And When I was lvl 10, I can go out the town, that's OK. But when I was lvl 14, I have destroyed a undead building, and I saw 3 differents cinematics, I didn't understand anything and the game ends o_O

2/5

Thanks...I believe you are talking about the crypt, well, I'm gonna fix that immediately when I go home, about the mouse shoot, I'm gonna try to add a click attack for that...The camera I will improve also...all these will be done ini version 1.14...Thanks for comment :)...

Arrow key already done that before but some experts say that I should remove it...

EDIT:

Version 1.14
- Fixed the 'Big Bug' when crypt destroyed, game ends (really did not notice that before)
- Grenade & Combat Knife is now a hero ability with 5 levels of research
- Attack has been changed from attack ground to attack unit
- Click attack option is available

Last edited:
Level 22
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Quest menu
- Able to skip cinematics
- Original ammo idea
- Original self damaging weapons

Negative features:

- Terrain is quite plain and empty
- Too low happens
- The story (some of it) processes in a strange way

Additional Information / Conclusion:

You should try to work on the terrain some more and add something to make it more unique.

Rating: 2.5/5 --> 3/5
Vote for:
Approved

Level 30
Fog Horror v2.3 Review

Introduction

As requested at your thread on Idea Factory on reviewing your map. I played a little of your map and I must say dont try mixing medieval aspects in your Futuristic like map.

Unexpected tab 1

[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]
  • Terrain looks good though I do think you can still add some more doodads into it and it will look much much better. Also I do think this is a Futuristic map so try making the map belnd with that type of map. Make it more advance, change those building to something more of that type and realistic enough.
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Bad Points:[/tabheader]
  • The hotkeys for each of the hero's skills are too far away at each other. Try fixing the hotkeys and make them near for convenience's sake.
  • Items in-game are preset and is warcraft-ish. Try enlarging your imagination and add some items that fits this Futuristic map of your such as make healing items, First Aid and such. Unit models are too warcraft-ish too. Try making them more Futiristic also that will go with the hero you have that is futuristic also.
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Suggestions:[/tabheader]
  • Terrain Improvements. Try making it go with the type and make it more realistic.
  • Change the unit models into something more Futuristic enough.
  • Items are all preset. try making something more fitting for a Futuristic map like this such as make healing items, First Aid and such...
[/tab]

Comment

Overall, this looks good, has a good terrain but presets items and Zombies doesnt blend well in-game. All is in a warcraft-ish quality. Try making it more futuristic.

Ratings: 3/5
Rewards: +4 REP

Level 5
Couldn't play your map. The game starts, lets me choose difficulty and then just nothing happens. No zombies, no hero. Nothing... If there's something I'm supposed to do, please also consider making that note to the questlog.

Edit: checked dates and realized that this map probably got buggy because of recent update and was designed when another update was common.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Some zombies might appear and get stuck (picture).
FogHorrorZombieStuck.pngFogHorrorZombieStuck2.png
Why are zombies heroes? You could have made them units and used upgrades for ranking them up, I think. Plus, they're called like Zombie, Zombie I, Zombie II etc.
Problem is, there's only one enemy type and does the same thing. That kills the rest of the gameplay variety.