Place the "DotDe02.w3n"-file inside your campaigns-folder. Don't rename it. Tested with Frozen Throne v1.26. Go to Single-Player and chose Custom Campaigns.
Multi-map campaign, based on the book Day of the Dragon by Richard A. Knaak. It's timeline is set between the Wc2-Addon and a few years before WC3. As with LotC I didn't follow the storyline exactly, due to the fact that it's impossible, if at least you want to have decent gameplay. It would have been better as a cinematic-series otherwise. The campaign contains 15 maps. 8 normal. 3 you could call sub-maps. And 4 cinematic maps, one of which you will only be able to see if you complete all optional quests as a bad guy. There are more features to the cmapaign of course, but you'll have to see for yourself. Suffice to say that there's a lot of optional stuff.
- 8 playable maps + 3 submaps, 3 cinematic maps + 1 alternate epilogue
- 7 heroes with custom skills
- unique and varied objectives
- lore-heavy, canonical storyline, set during the aftermath of Warcraft 2
Screenshots and Videos:
Prologue: The Orcs arrive in Azeroth
Interlude: the mysterious Lord Prestor
Chapter 4: Breaking out
Chapter 4: Solving riddles
Chapter 5: In Dalaran
Chapter 5: The Emerald Dream
Chapter 5: Icy caverns
Chapter 6: Freeing bases
Chapter 7: Grim Batol
Chapter 8: Dragon fight
Complete walkthrough of the campaign
Update 1.02: 122 fixes
Multiple maps - 13
- Added map victory cheat "-winmap" (cinematics and item-handling may become bugged)
- Rhonin (Spirit Priest): Hero can will no longer die when possesed host is killed. Instead Spirit Control will be cancelled
- Rhonin (Spirit Priest): Hero will remain at position of possesed unit when unpossesing it with Spirit Control
- Rhonin (Spirit Priest): Time out between Spirit control possesion and unpossesion reduced
- Vereesa: Replaced Cold Arrows and Dodge with Searing Arrows and Shadow Strike
- Vereesa: Sleep Arrow cost reduced from 75/75/75 to 75/60/50
- Hammer of Titans can now attack Air units
- Cooldown of Krasus' Medallion, Deathwing's Medallion and Demon Soul reduced from 90 to 70
- Old Floating Text on Trap Damage will be destroyed before new one is created
- Increased Fighter damage from 14-15 to 15-17
- Added evil quests counter "-bad" to count number of optional quests completed as evil
- Fixed count of number of optional quests completed as evil
- Added cheat "plusbad" to increase number of optional quests completed as evil
Prologue - 1
- Reduced text to fit time contraints
Chapter 1 - 14
- Removed barrels near Scepter of Elementals
- Can no longer fail Main Quest when Outro is playing
- Fixed a typo in the Meeting Place quest description
- Changed Farmer message from "...filthy scum!" to "...filthy beast!"
- Removed and moved some spiders
- Villagers' life will be reduced to 1 periodically, if Quest Alignment is evil
- Scepter of Elementals no longer inside a barrel anymore
- Patroling Bandits will stop when attacked
- Troll huts will no longer drop items when destroyed
- Replaced a Scroll of Healing with a Scroll of Mana
- Reduced amount of wolves that need to be killed in Wolf herd quest from 10 to 8
- Killing the wolves will reward a Tome of Intelligence +2 and a Tome of Agility +2 instead of a Tome of Strength
- Removed a few bandits in the Dragon Attack quest
- Added warning messages for how many cizitens are left
Chapter 2 - 6
- Removed a few Grunts from the Tower/Alarm region
- Removed second Ogre
- A Grunt will drop a Rune of Mana
- Moved Elune's Lie to a more visible location
- Reduced amount of Blue Flame Trap Damage from 125 to 100
- Reading Little Daniel's Letter no longer disables user control
Chapter 3 - 18
- Removed a few Creeps
- Murloc will drop a Rune of Greater Mana
- Removed enemy units and building in the first orc base
- Moved Hammer of Titants to a more visible location
- Changed terrain to be more beautiful and have more space when landing a boat
- Added Pathing Blockers to the shore in the east
- Removed a Red Drake
- Ogre will drop Rune of Restoration
- Removed an Advanced Boulder Tower
- Removed an Orc Frigate
- Removed a Watch Tower
- Reduced Life of Bronze Dragon from 2200 to 2000
- Reduced Base Damage of Bronze Dragon from 45 to 40
- Talismans of Mutation will no longer take space in inventory. Created Leaderboard instead
- Rescuing dwarves and ship is only possible after completing the Steam Tanks quest.
- Changed hint text "Find the means to get back to the dwarven outpost." to "Find resources to buy a zeppelin."
- Added some pathing blockers
- Removed orc wood cutters
Chapter 4 - 23
- Changed Rhonin's frog message to "The switches might turn off if I could get enough frogs on them."
- Secret exit better visible
- Increased kill range of Barrel of Explosives
- Added hint on how to use items with objects in the game world
- Replaced Summer Tree with Fall Tree and changed description on Map
- Can get and transform ID Card before talking to Peon
- Can get Mushroom before talking to Volbir and Bolvir
- Shovel exists on map initialization
- Special Books will no longer take space in inventory. Created Leaderboard instead
- Disabled user control during shipmaster video
- Added Leaderboard to track Murder quest progress
- Added hints to the Murder quest
- Can no longer ask police station about wrench before asking the Goblin Bouncer
- Rhonin is instantly moved after shipmaster video
- Removed the transmission "I found a bottle with green liquor"
- Hint displayed when player has enough gold and a boatcard
- Optional quests will now be marked as failed when their respective island is left too early
- Crystals will no longer take space in inventory. Created Leaderboard instead
- Moved Ring of the Sun to a more visible location
- Added runes to help visualize Hop, Malt and Wheat
- Will remove useless boulder on various occasions
- Hint to check Log (F12) will also be displayed during first and second isle
- Changed hint text "Wheat and Chicken might help" to "Find Wheat and use it on Chicken."
Chapter 5 - 16
- Decreased string size for maps, folders and variables to stabilize sub-map loading
- Added cheats to load submaps: "-ysera", "-malygos", "-nozdormu", "-dalaran"
- Added multiboard to keep track of Nozdormu's tasks
- Fixed a typo in Nozdormu quest description
- Changed transmission "I can get a signed letter from the Altar of Kings." to "I can get a signed letter from the Keep."
- Taretha will get the Signed Letter from the Keep instead of the Altar of Kings.
- Changed transmission "I've got the letter." to "I've got the letter. I should return to it Krasus."
- Shortened a conversation between Krasus and Taretha
- Krasus can move before a conversation is finished
- Moved region where Watch Tower will spawn in cinematic
- Sharing vision with Wisps after base is rescued
- Increased time between attacks by the Burning Legion
- Reduced amount of enemies send by the Burning Legion
- Barrow Dens can train Furbolgs
- Reduced time for the first conversation between Krasus and Taretha
- Moved Signed Letter hint to entrance of Durnholde
Chapter 6 - 9
- Added hint to check nearby crates for lost items
- Enemy unit production time periods increased from 70 to 90
- Move the Scout Tower in the second base closer to the Guard Tower
- Added another Scout Tower to the second base
- Added a Barracks to the second base
- Increased amount of gold in each Gold Mine from 3000/6000/12000 to 6000/12000/24000
- Renamed Ogre Chieftain and Gnoll Chieftain to Ogre Warchief and Gnoll Warchief
- Added hint that the third optional quest is alignment dependant and will not be completable.
- Removed a few enemy units at the final orc base.
Chapter 7 - 7
- Vereesa and Falstad will start at Level 8 instead of 7, if they cannot be restored from game cache
- Reduced hit points of Power Generators from 300 to 150
- Changed Deathwing message from Don't act stupider than you are." to "Stop acting foolish."
- Removed a Skeletal Orc Grunt
- Added rescuable Fighters to the holding pens
- Deathwing's Scale is no longer created twice
- Alexstrasza is technically no longer rescuable
Chapter 8 - 14
- Added map victory cheat "-winmap2" for alternate ending (Outro shown this way may be bugged)
- Rhonin will start at Level 9 instead of 8, if he cannot be restored from game cache
- Deathwing no longer regenerates health (Healing spell still works)
- Orc attacks will start 30 second later
- Reduced time until first Caravan arrives from 14 to 13 minutes
- Changed countdown timer text from "Rom dies/Caravan leaves" to "Rom/Caravan"
- Added hint when activating alternate epilogue
- Removed Red Dragon at the orange orc base
- Added invulerability to Krasus during FreeAlex cinematic
- Alexstrasza can use Healing Light to heal herself
- Increased chance for Nozdormu's Item Steal to work from 5 in 8 to 5 in 6
- Decreased time between Grim Batol Tower pings from 40 to 20 seconds
- Increased Frost Shiled armor bonus from 20 to 120
- Decreased time between Dragon Aspects rounds
- Increaded the time for a cinematic transmission
Update 1.01: 53 fixes
Spells and Items – 5
- Replaced Divine Touch with Divine Wrath to ensure 1.24 compatibility. Dive Wrath can now damage enemy units and heal Rhonin when in the target area, where Divine Touch could not. Inscreased cooldown and mana cost.
- Replaced Power Bash with a new Power Bash to ensure 1.24 compatibility. Falstad no longer transforms into a hammer when hurlinh himself to an enemy, but he can damage multiple enemies now.
- Fixed Redemption Aura to ensure 1.24 compatibility.
- Helm of Battlethirst Beserk ability now costs 50 mana.
- Replaced level up effect within Spirit Control with a more subtle effect.
Chapter 1 – 6
- Changed the Optional Quests description word „naughty“ into „evil“.
- Footmen Target Aquisition Rage reduced.
- Replaced a Forest Troll Shadow Priest with a Forest Troll.
- Fire Animation is no longer audible when inactive.
- All Fires will be lit now.
- Fixed a typo in the german version.
Chapter 2 – 8
- Removed one of the starting burrow peons.
- Reduced damage of Ogres and Orc Frigates.
- Added invulnerability to Mortar Team until the trees are passed.
- Reduced damage of Juggernauts.
- Fixed orc blockage at the end of the level.
- Fixed two typos in the english version.
- Reduced range of Orc Frigates to 500.
- Falstad can no longer get above level 5 while reading a book.
Chapter 3 – 3
- Increased Kryll’s hit points and health regeneration.
- Fixed a typo in the german version.
- Increased hit points of Gold Coins and Bundle of Lumber to infinity.
Chapter 4 – 8
- Better hints as to how Rhonin is supposed to escape his prison.
- Removed a tree to see the Green Rune better.
- Aded hint on how to feed the wolves.
- The Missing Troll will be added to the player’s selection after being rescued.
- Added visualizations for the pig, the flowers and the wheat.
- Exclamation mark will no longer return on the Police Station once asked about the Wrench.
- Fixed two typos in the german version.
- Fixed the position of a doodad in the outro cinematic.
Chapter 5 – 7
- Fixed a critical bug that occured since 1.24 that prevented players from returning to Dalaran after visiting one of the sub-maps.
- Screen no longer remains black after escaping the Nozdormu intro cinematic.
- Fixed a typo in the english version.
- Fixed two typos in the german version.
- Disabled Waygate and removed Darkhunters when visiting Malygos.
- Repositioned a few doodads.
- Taretha is now invulnerable.
Chapter 6 – 5
- Added pathing blockers to prevent units from getting to the outro cinematic place.
- Medallion from Outro cinematic should no longer be visible during gameplay.
- A gnoll should no longer remain hostile once its quest is completed.
- Added minipings to the Stones-quests.
- Fixed two typos in the german version.
Chapter 7 – 4
- Increased Fire Golem hit points.
- Collapse event will trigger no matter how the Fire Golem dies.
- Power Bash no longer hurls the Fire Golem or Falstad out of the level.
- Reduced hit points of Power Generators.
Chapter 8 – 8
- Deathwing deals more damage but has less hit points.
- Fixed AI control over Aspects.
- Changed description of Nozdormu’s Steal Item.
- Increased Nozdormu’s hit points and decreased the hit points of all other aspects for Taunt-efficiency.
- Added a destructible doodad in front of Rom’s prison.
- Increased Nozdormu’s chance to steal from 33% to 63%.
- Decreased Deathwing’s healing effects from 300/700 to 200/400.
- Fixed a typo in the german version.
Epilogues – 1
- Added MortAr- and NFWar in the credits for the Divine Wrath and new Power Bash spells.
Sadly, they made it into this project too, but I fought until the end to eliminate as many as possible. There may be a patched version but only if the reported bugs really hinder the experience. Send bug-reports to "outsiderxe [AT] web DOT de".
-General-Some texts maybe be too long or too short, depending on the time the stay on screen and the time you need to read. I tried to fix as many grammar as possible, but even I'm not perfect.
-Chapter 1-The soldiers of the second optional quest may stay invulnerable after attacking the business man.
-Chapter 2-The needed mortar team may die too soon.
-Chapter 2-Units may stay unvilnerable after cinematics when they should not.
-Chapter 2-The grunts at the end may irritate/block themselves.
-Chapter 3-Units after cinematics may be owned by the wrong player.
-Chapter 4-After saving/loading the game may not recognize certain Items anymore, and make further it impossible to continue.
-Chapter 5-After saving/loading the game may not recognize certain Items anymore, and make further it impossible to continue.
-Chapter 5-Submap-loading may be impossible and you get kicked back to the main screen.
-Chapter 5-Krasus may not be visible after loading a submap.
-Chapter 5-The AI in the Ysera-Level may look for your base without success.
-Chapter 6-Problems with game balance.
-Chapter 6-(CAREFUL: There are 3 optional quests, and it was fully intented that you can only finish 2 of them.)
-Chapter 8-Trees and other doodads may be invisible.
-Chapter 8-Nekros is invulnerable.
-Chapter 8-Ysera or Alexstrasza can't fly.
-Chapter 8-Korialstrasz stays in air when changing back from Dragon Form.
-Chapter 8-Alexstrasza casts spells without orders from the player.
Please notify me about these, or any bugs you may find at the adress I wrote.
This campaign was created 95% by me (OutsiderXE). Special thanks again to Richard A. Knaak (he wrote this wonderful book), Rondo (most important models and skins), Lord-Bhaal aka Luthais (just because he insisted^^) and of course wc3sear.ch and Blizzard. And everybody who enjoys playing this campaign!
Book: Richard A. Knaak
Idea and Execution: OutsiderXE
Terrain: Blizzard (borrowed some bits), OutsiderXE
Triggers: OutsiderXE (except for some spells)
Models and Skins: ArchonClock, Blizzard, Bloodslaughter, Dan van Ohllus, DiscreetMan, Dragonskull, frostwolf, GreyArchon, Makuza, Nasrudin, Rondo, Timb63701, Tufy, T.J, Urkdrengi, DD_Draco, Olof Moleman
Loading Screens, Icons and Miscellaneous Art: eborg3, Luis Royo, Lord-Bhaal, Sons of the Storm, Stephen Daniele Arcanister, Arcsol, Black_Stan, Blizzard, b17rider, ChirusHighwind, CRAZYRUSSIAN, Daelin, Darkminnion, DemonisScythe, DiCe, ElfWarfare, Grujah.Noob, Gwen Stefani, Illidan_09, IIILSDIII, KelThuzad, Krysis, LoDown, Muoteck, OgerRfaCes
Music (not licensed, but who the heck cares): Gladiator, Heroes of Might & Magic V, World of Warcraft
Spells: asdf.egal, Asgard_Ragna, Daelin, GaDDeN, Leopard, Monky-Master, MortAr-, myspells, Nantuko_Husk, NFWar, Ptyrodactyl, Spellweaver, Vexorian, ziNv
Testing and Advice: Apocalypse, Darkchaos, Darkmadhow, Fr3dd11991, Glorious, HKC-Silence, KiLLer_X, Lord-Bhaal, DininDoUrden, Makuza, MetalliC, Nerithos, Psychotic Mage, Rondo
Special Thanks to: Blizzard, Glorious, HKC-Silence, Lord-Bhaal, Rondo, Vexorian, wc3sear.ch, all members of Haschkeks-Clan
Phewwww, made it :D For the second time! After almost 1,5 years I have finished my second campaign, after "Lord of the Clans". And what did you think? It's again about a book. I'm happy with the result and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it. Some of you may ask what my next project is going to be. Another book? Not at all. It's time for me to quit WC3-Mapping and go on. I want to do Raids in World of Warcraft without having to think that I still got some work to do. Maybe Starcraft II will get me in the mood again, as long as Blizzard hurrys up...
This campaign can only be distributed with this Readme-Document. send complaints, praise, hints and information to outsiderxe AT web.de. As long as I am not on vacation or (again) in jail (joking^^... I'm never on vacation ;-D) I try to answer every E-mail within a day.
herogod, your maps on this site are just getting better and better. I havent played this yet but i just finished your war of corruption- AMZING so i already will rate this as a 5. Btw your maps could make you alot of money- they are really that good.
Another great campaign from outsiderXE.
But there are a few bugs, as well as in ''lord of the clans''. In 3rd chapter i've loaded the game after the first teleportation and i only have one Hero (the archer). But still keep it coming Outsider!
Very good campaign, great looking-spells, models and well converted book story. Map has some bugs (in 4 chapter I couldn't end quest with murderer), but anyways it's awesome! I have much fun playing it.
(It's been a while but I'll try to remember)
Nonas, you need to feed the chicken with corn-weed you can find at the farm just above the gate.
then take the chicken-poo and give it to the fish-salesman, then you have one of two legs.
Reflected the story nicely, nice how there are many little choices to make along the way.
I am only on chapter 3 so far, but it's very good already. The second chapter had good variety of things to do, killing the peons who run to the towers, defending the dwarf as he casts a spell, and following the specific path (tricky!) It was a good idea having the player have to stop the goblin from running away in chapter 3.
In chapter one, I would have made it so that you have to either kill the wolves or the peasant before you can enter the town, because killed the man at the same time the cinematic with the dragon started, which mixed things up.
Only thing I don't like so far: The Prologue. It was very long, boring, and didn't really affect the campaign. Otherwise the script and dialogues are solid.
Overall excellent, I look forward to completing it! 9/10