• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naval Battle - The future BS map

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
NAVAL BATTLE Epic version - Latest

Basically it's BS fused with Corsairs. So it's not original. It's like a bloody pirates map, but much more simplified and easy to understand.

I have an idea with implementing a manual cannon system. Your inventory represent the 6 cannons the ship have (+ ship cannon which only fires straight forward). The slots on the left side could represent the cannons which fires on portside, and the right slots represent the cannons on the starboard side. An anti move item system prevent the player from moving the cannons to the other side while reloading. So basically a funny and simple map with up to 7 cannons max (including the ships cannon). Navigation and skills is required to win the game.

Currently the project is considered quite finished. I've also done nothing to the standard terrain of skeds open source BS map either. Also it seems like he didn't removed the GUI trigger leaks when he made the map.

Progress: 97%
Finished: All weapons, ships, grappling hook system, boarding capture system, the crew system, stats and projectile system is finished
Work Remaining: Terrain (I hate this boring part), possible bugfixes, possible balancing needed.

The map features

-Dull terrain
-98% GUI Triggers
-Some new abilities for the ships
-Some cannons has special abilities such as fireball cannon cause burning damage over time.
-Ships have their hp reduced (except the lowest class)
-Removed the standard hull abilities
-Standard skills on all ships: Ships standard cannon, Cannon reloading (for your item cannons) and Sails
-Each ship do have 2 unique abilities
-No more boring autofired weapons
-Still the same boring north and south
-Manual Aiming system
----Cannon damage can be reduced with the ships armor AND spell reduction abilities
----Most ships have a single cannon skill (1 forward cannon).
----Only cannon items in your inventory determines how many cannons you can fire
----Only the ships reloading skill determines the cooldown of cannons
----Higher accuracy lower the spread
-Simple Crew system
----Necessary to keep you alive
----When the entire crew has died, captain is the last one to die (you dies)
----Hero ships cannot be captured by gameplay reasons
----Hero ships will be sunk instead of captured
----Minimum 10% is needed to reload the cannons
----Simple capture system by moving nearby to neutral ships
----Boarding function
-Hero stats replaced with crew skills
----Repair Skill: Increases the repair skill of the crew
----Accuracy: Increases the cannon accuracy and is a factor in increase crew kills with anti crew weapons
----Crew Morale: Makes your crew tougher you and you will lose less when hit by weapons
-Projectile system with just movement and start engine
----There is 3 speeds: 600, 900 and 1200
-The detection engine only detects when the cannonballs hits the cliffs or land
-Cannonballs have a minor chance to collide with other cannonballs
----Detection is done by ordinary units killing the cannon ball with a collision size skill (phönix fire 100 range)
-Cannonballs is selectable, but you cannot give them orders
-Cannonballs is also non-locust cuz I'm going to implement some abilities that can damage/destroy the balls

Map is at beta stage.

So what do you think? TOAST ME!

Edit_
Further Progress Update!

Last edited:
Level 35
I think that's an awesome idea. I also have some ideas for you:

-Try to make more cannon types (yeah, might strip the map of reality)-->Multi-shot cannon, Homing cannon, Mega cannon
-Name the map something like "Corsairs and cruisers", and make it a pirate vs. authority map
-If you add grappling hook, reduce the ship's weaponry (or don't make it all) and maximize armor.
-If you're onto making it realistic, remove the repair skill, and make a port, where the ships can get repaired, or make a repair ship.
-Add a saboteur unit, that destroys the enemy ship immediately if it can climb on to it by using the grappling hook.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I think that's an awesome idea. I also have some ideas for you:

-Try to make more cannon types (yeah, might strip the map of reality)-->Multi-shot cannon, Homing cannon, Mega cannon
-Name the map something like "Corsairs and cruisers", and make it a pirate vs. authority map
-If you add grappling hook, reduce the ship's weaponry (or don't make it all) and maximize armor.
-If you're onto making it realistic, remove the repair skill, and make a port, where the ships can get repaired, or make a repair ship.
-Add a saboteur unit, that destroys the enemy ship immediately if it can climb on to it by using the grappling hook.

I've sail ripper cannon to cut down the sails and sharp blades cannon to kill the crew with. Also Culverine... I'm going to add Fireball cannon which ignites the enemy ship and make it burn down. Large Siege cannons that is effective against towers.

You have to return to the harbor to refill your crew. Without sufficient crew you cannot fire your cannons and losing all crew is same as death.

If I remake the map into pirates vs autorities, they must have unique ships. I don't have enough ships to pull this off. So far just a greatly modified battle ships map

I'm not begun with grappling hook yet, so it's not certain that is going to be made. If so, you can board force ships and control them, or pwn a enemy hero ship. there will take place a boarding process that shows the numbers of crew lost during fight. If the captain dies (the last crew member), the ship is lost.

You have to return to dry dock to repair your ship to max. Otherwise it's being very slowly repaired at sea.

There is a ship which acts like a suicider, but it rams into the enemy ship and dies. But no not a boarding saboteur.

Level 35
And what's the main objective to win the map? To destroy all enemy ships? Or to destroy the drydock?

If I remake the map into pirates vs autorities, they must have unique ships. I don't have enough ships to pull this off. So far just a greatly modified battle ships map

Just reskin them. The difference will do well for the map.

Also, will you make upgrades for the ships? And I suggest you add some beta screenies and put down the ship and cannon classes so far. I'm curious to see them.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
The goal is to kill the main harbor (just like any other BS maps)

zombie2279 said:
Just reskin them. The difference will do well for the map.
But I must also make unique weapons. It's very hard to implement the items into my item chain trigger, which is the biggest trigger I've ever made. Also I have none modeling skill. So I'm not doing it.
Also, will you make upgrades for the ships? And I suggest you add some beta screenies and put down the ship and cannon classes so far. I'm curious to see them.
It's not impressive. I kept the same classes as in normal BS and made 5 classes. I changed a couple of names.

Barque: Fishboat, Tradeship and Pinnace
Corvette: Brig and Corvette
Frigate: Dominator and Destroyer
Heavy Cruiser: Overlord and Juggernaught
Battleship: Black Pearl and Royal Cruiser

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Boarding System Implemented

sry for doublepost, but have a announcement concerning my project.

BOARDING SYSTEM IMPLEMENTED!

I've now completely added a boarding system, so you can now board ships with less speed that your ship, or ships that isn't in motion. The boarding process last for 10 seconds, and every 2 seconds crew is fighting and your crew morale depends on how much you kill. But you need to buy grappling hooks in order to board ships. There's 2 ships ingame which doesn't need grappling hooks (they got the skill), but rest of the ships must buy grappling hooks if they want the boarding ability. Crewless neutral ships that stands still, doesn't requires grappling hooks

Strength = Crew Repair Ability (Important for survival)
Agility = Crew Cannon Accuracy (Important for cannons)
Intelligence = Crew Morale (Important for boarding)

Now I'm going to work the weapons...

Level 7
I just learned that BS stood for battleships and not..something else. Anyway, good map idea.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
TKF, you ever tought of moving neutral ships, eg you blast them and you receive some loot (let's say merchant ships)?
You are not the pirates in this game you are the good guys. So no, you are not allowed to loot merchant ships. You can go blast pirates for gold, but they are quite lethal.

This is not a bloody pirates map, but a standard AOE based map with some customized combat features. Some who played this map did like the combat system.

Just now I'm trying to figure out the bug that causes players to no longer respawn when killed.
When that's done, I'm going to implement:

-Few extra weapons
-New weapon class: HE Cannons (maybe)
-Some new items
-New shop specializing in crew- and boarding stuff

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Now I've added several new features and extra items. For the first time I could play a almost 2 hour game without finding a single bug, except a few unbalances ingame. I need to rework on the crew boarding calculations again...

The weapons is almost complete, I only need a grappleshot weapon (fan of knives like model) to fill in the last weapon slot in the normal weapons shop. I've moved all the crew stuff items to a shop outside the main port.

_________

New Trader: Merchantman
I've also made trading more balanced and harder; and increased the price of the trade boat to 1600 gold, and changed it to a merchantman ship. You have to wait a short while to buy it at start or earn the gold for the ship. It can fight back if it have cannons, but mostly for self defense. Also it's not as fragile as the puny trade boat in the standard BS versions.

Ships and some new Abilities:
-Sailor (200) is still pretty much the same.
-Pinnace (450) boat is the suicide runner.
-Brig (1200) can also repair friendly ships.
-Merchantman (1600) is the trade ship which performs trade missions. It's also able to engage in combat, but not fit for battle
-Interceptor (1700) is fast and can ram ships (this still need balancing).
-Destroyer (3200) has specialty in boarding enemy ships
-Dominator (3400) specializing in accuracy and killing crew
-Overlord (6750) specializing in double cannon barrages in short time
-Juggernaught (7500) has special weapon such being able to wash away ships with a tidal wave
-Pirate Ship (16000) is a master in capturing ships and boarding. Also it has a vicious crew.
-Battleship (20000) is a royal cruiser with brutal crushing power

Common Abilities (Single ship cannon skill, sailing skill)

The models is quite much the same, but i changed the black pearl model into a more undead like model. Also I removed the standard hull abilities on all ships and give them more unique abilties. Also, the bigger ships hit points is reduced to make up for their powerful abilties.

Weapons: Anti crew weapons which swiftly reduces the enemy crew. Sail ripper weapons which effectively slows enemy ships by hitting the sails. Standard cannons doing heavy hull damage. Fire cannons which ignites enemy ships and make them burn. Small siege cannons for the purpose of destroying towers. Long range rocket cannons and the deadly shell cannons against ships.

New items: Water (if you are hit by a fire cannon weapon), Special Crew, Netlauncher, Ramming hull, Crew Quarters, Boarding grapples hooks and a few more items.

Systems:
-The cannon projectile system - Used on cannons
-Damage system - A simple system which displays real damage in numbers. Armor and Spellreduction is also calculated - Yeah regen too!
-Crew system - The mana shows your total crew. They are necesary for your ships basic functions and of course protect the captain himself onboard
-Boarding system - As the name implies, you can board other ships.
-Stats system
-> Carpenter system - Allows you to increase your crews ability to repair the ship after a battle
-> Accuracy system - Allows your cannons to hit better and some abilities too
-> Crew strength system - This affect the crew's strength and their fighting abilities in boarding situations.
-The trainer in each base allows you to train the crew's abilties.
-Triggered abilities: Boarding, Ramming effect, Cannon Barrages, Hide +++

Terrain:
HORRIBLE!
Now I've to do something with the terrain. It's like a BS clone at current state. But I keep the 2 main rivers...

So my map is at late beta stage. I consider it quite finished, just need balancing and a terrain change (I don't know what to do with the terrain, it's the hard part for me)...

So... that's the changes from the first beta...

Status
Not open for further replies.