• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 15
Also, you should change models of Claximus and that Void Lord in the Cavern of Shadows. They are some kind of demi-heroes (more important than your average Markura or Void Walker) after all.

Level 31
Hey guys! After some investigation, I have come up with a suitable spell to replace Thorns Aura with for Malfurion. Let me know what you guys think of this new ability:

full

Tree of the Moon

The Arch Druid transforms into a Tree of the Moon, granting bonus hit points and increased healing done by Lifesurge and Tranquility. Lasts 45 seconds.

Level 1 - 100 hit points, 10% increased healing.
Level 2 - 200 hit points, 20% increased healing.
Level 3 - 300 hit points, 30% increased healing.

Level 8
Hey guys! After some investigation, I have come up with a suitable spell to replace Thorns Aura with for Malfurion. Let me know what you guys think of this new ability:

full

Tree of the Moon

The Arch Druid transforms into a Tree of the Moon, granting bonus hit points and increased healing done by Lifesurge and Tranquility. Lasts 45 seconds.

Level 1 - 100 hit points, 10% increased healing.
Level 2 - 200 hit points, 20% increased healing.
Level 3 - 300 hit points, 30% increased healing.
No more aura?

Level 15
I think Highbornes also need one strength hero. Also, I would suggest to reduce amount of heroes in Sentinel storyline per map. With Malfurion, Tyrande, Faradrella and Jarod, you can pretty much solo 95% of the map. And I am not even counting that they are already level 10+ and with pretty decent items.

Level 9
@Turnro Tree of the Moon is a nice replacement to Thorn's aura but the Ironwood aura you suggested before would be more suitable in the missions gameplay since there are a few missions where you play only with heroes and some units, the healing regeneration boost and the armor increase will be much appropriate.
That's my opinion though.

Level 15
I would like also to add that I find Frost Armor redundant on Battle Maidens when you want them to have full mana pool for their Mana Shield.

And, I have one question. Where is third key in Temple of the Elune map? I have found one in crates, second, from that elemental. But where is the third one?

Level 31
I would like also to add that I find Frost Armor redundant on Battle Maidens when you want them to have full mana pool for their Mana Shield.

And, I have one question. Where is third key in Temple of the Elune map? I have found one in crates, second, from that elemental. But where is the third one?

You will find the last key in a small room near the elevator puzzle :)

Level 31
Hey guys! This post has been long overdue, but I am happy to say that Malfurion's Quest is heading in a new direction of development that will hopefully bring this project done sooner rather than later.

Firstly, there will be no release for v1.4 as stated at the end of the current version of the game. No more updates or releases will be brought out until the entire campaign is complete.

Second is that both story-lines will no longer be worked on in parallel. I am focusing my current efforts to finish the initial maps for the Highborne story path before focusing on the Sentinel one. In addition, there will be a massive polish stage once all the maps have been completed.

Finally, I will not be attending the forums in order to focus more of my time on the development of Malfurion's Quest. Any questions or concerns will instead be answered by FallenStar, who is working closely with me to get this massive project done.

With this new plan, I aim to have the basis of the remaining maps done within 6 months, followed by a period of necessary polishing. I thank everyone who has supported me over the last 4 years and hope you all enjoy Malfurion's Quest once the full version is ready to play :)

Level 7
Hello everyone, I would also like to mention that I will update you on the progress of the campaign and that we do have a few projects in mind to showcase before the Campaign's release. We plan to make this an amazing experience for you, improving a lot on the gameplay and story. Malfurion's Quest will be updated to be more intense, dark, exciting and interesting.

If you have any questions regarding the campaign, I'll gladly answer without any spoilers. We still take into account the issues, bugs, glitches and feedback that you encounter during your playthrough of Malfurion's Quest 1.3b
Thank you so much for your patience and support.

We can't wait to share this with you.

Last edited:
Level 15
Damn, great news. I am really glad to hear this. I really appreciate your work guys, and can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us! Keep up with the amazing work! And thanks!

Level 3
Glad to hear the news but a bit disapointed that I have to wait even more, but I know you are doing your best to have this campaign completed.
In others words, I've seen tis new ability you want to replace but I don't like the fact that Malfurion will no longer have an aura, is it possible that it could be another type of 'natural aura', because the Barskin ability I think is OK, but for Malfurion, it could be a 'protective' or an 'inmunity' aura, also natural of course.

Level 7
There are several reasons why we decided to go along this path.

The primary reason is the overall experience you're getting from the story. While reworking a lot of the chapters including the early ones, we realized that a lot of people who already played through the campaign will not go back and replay earlier chapters to see the new modifications/changes/additions to cut scenes, dialogue,etc. We wanted to deliver a solid story in a complete version, covering any plot holes we might've created and keeping the players engaged in the campaign while presenting characters with a good reason for their every action.

The second reason is that we desire to keep a continuity with the story. Some chapters were heavily changed in terms of game play and dialogue and we do not desire to force players in replaying the campaign just because of the changes we're making. On short, we feel like some of the chapters that were released were a bit rushed and needed a rework.

The third and final reason it's actually the finalization of the campaign. Malfurion's Quest has been in development for many years now and the major problem with it, it's that after each chapter is released, it takes a lot of time to polish it based on feedback while also continuing the rest of the campaign.
The initial steps were these :Work two chapters (Sentinel and Highborne); Release chapters; Listen to feedback; Starting the work on a new chapter while also fixing the bugs and issues with the previous ones.
The new steps are: Finish one branch of the Campaign(Highborne); Testing the maps properly to see if there are any game breaking issues; Work on the new chapter;

Focusing the work on one thing at a time will allow us to finish the campaign sooner. After the Highborne story is complete, these chapters will undergo a polish of terrain and fixing the bugs we've found during our testing.
The Sentinel storyline will follow shortly after, with the same steps as the Highborne one.

We aim to finish the campaign and have it polished by December-February (max).

As for the spells/items, we wish to offer a variety of tools that will influence your play style in the Campaign in both branches. With the new pouch that can hold new items, we want players to sort of make their own builds based on their play style: An item that will grand the hero more damage/more health or tank/aura that can help his army, etc.

We'll definitely explore this area and grant enough tools(if you're able to find them in the game) that will allow players to use Malfurion in battle as they intend to.

Level 8
So long waited for a finale decision about the progress for is a pain to release one map and wait another 2 or 3 months to bee finish the next map.
One question i have .Will you make the Burning Legion Destructive i mean to see Astranaar for example detroyed by a leader of legion or something like this?

Level 7
So long waited for a finale decision about the progress for is a pain to release one map and wait another 2 or 3 months to bee finish the next map.
One question i have .Will you make the Burning Legion Destructive i mean to see Astranaar for example detroyed by a leader of legion or something like this?

I cannot spoil anything but there will be plenty of destruction and chaos by the end of it. And yes you do see it.

Level 2
I played the 5th of Sentinel and the "restless dead" opt quest didn't allow me to go back to the main map

Level 3
There are several reasons why we decided to go along this path.

The primary reason is the overall experience you're getting from the story. While reworking a lot of the chapters including the early ones, we realized that a lot of people who already played through the campaign will not go back and replay earlier chapters to see the new modifications/changes/additions to cut scenes, dialogue,etc. We wanted to deliver a solid story in a complete version, covering any plot holes we might've created and keeping the players engaged in the campaign while presenting characters with a good reason for their every action.

The second reason is that we desire to keep a continuity with the story. Some chapters were heavily changed in terms of game play and dialogue and we do not desire to force players in replaying the campaign just because of the changes we're making. On short, we feel like some of the chapters that were released were a bit rushed and needed a rework.

The third and final reason it's actually the finalization of the campaign. Malfurion's Quest has been in development for many years now and the major problem with it, it's that after each chapter is released, it takes a lot of time to polish it based on feedback while also continuing the rest of the campaign.
The initial steps were these :Work two chapters (Sentinel and Highborne); Release chapters; Listen to feedback; Starting the work on a new chapter while also fixing the bugs and issues with the previous ones.
The new steps are: Finish one branch of the Campaign(Highborne); Testing the maps properly to see if there are any game breaking issues; Work on the new chapter;

Focusing the work on one thing at a time will allow us to finish the campaign sooner. After the Highborne story is complete, these chapters will undergo a polish of terrain and fixing the bugs we've found during our testing.
The Sentinel storyline will follow shortly after, with the same steps as the Highborne one.

We aim to finish the campaign and have it polished by December-February (max).

As for the spells/items, we wish to offer a variety of tools that will influence your play style in the Campaign in both branches. With the new pouch that can hold new items, we want players to sort of make their own builds based on their play style: An item that will grand the hero more damage/more health or tank/aura that can help his army, etc.

We'll definitely explore this area and grant enough tools(if you're able to find them in the game) that will allow players to use Malfurion in battle as they intend to.

Well, I see now the reasons and I like the idea of finishing one storyline and then start with the other one, I guess that's how Turnro did with the previous ones (launch a full campaign and then upgrade it to the latest version). Yeah, it's great.
On the other hand, an idea I want to give, is there any way you can give Malfurion a 'transformation spell' like the others druids have, those who transform into a bear and a storm crow. It would be amazing to see Malfurion transform into something bigger or better than his fellow druids' transformations (if you do, that spell could have a time duration, an increase of HP/damage/armor, and probably an aura, of course a natural/druidism aura).
I also see you're changing some chapters' titles, does that mean those chapters will have some changes?
Anyway, you're doing an excelent work and keep like that. GOOD LUCK!!!

Level 1
I created an account just to post here. This is the most awesome campaign I've ever played in my life. The campaign is so sad if you pick not to destroy the fountain, I've never felt so in depth with any story I've read/played ever.
The Sentinel campaign is another piece of art, you can really feel the both sides of good and evil depending on your choice as you move on.
Congratulations, you've done a legendary campaign. I'll be replaying from scratch every time a new mission comes out, this is the second time I've played it and it is still the best I've seen.

Last edited:
Level 7
I created an account just to post here. This is the most awesome campaign I've ever played in my life. The campaign is so sad if you pick not to destroy the fountain, I've never felt so in depth with any story I've read/played ever.
The Sentinel campaign is another piece of art, you can really feel the both sides of good and evil depending on your choice as you move on.
Congratulations, you've done a legendary campaign. I'll be replaying from scratch every time a new mission comes out, this is the second time I've played it and it is still the best I've seen.

There will be no more chapters coming out. The next update will feature the whole campaign with a lot of changes to the gameplay and story.
We're really glad you've enjoyed the 1.3b version.

What is "UNDER REVISION" that?

These chapters are being remade.
Gameplay is currently being worked on
Story is currently changed/adding to it (quite a lot)
The "Under revision" chapters will grant the players a lot of information on their new playthrough with a lot of new changes and interesting things to see.
_

Last edited:
Level 11
These chapters are being remade.
Gameplay is currently being worked on
Story is currently changed/adding to it (quite a lot)
The "Under revision* chapters will grant the players a lot of information on their new playthrough with a lot of new changes and interesting things to see.
Do not doublepost, it's against the rules! And I already gave him a reply.

Level 7
Well, I see now the reasons and I like the idea of finishing one storyline and then start with the other one, I guess that's how Turnro did with the previous ones (launch a full campaign and then upgrade it to the latest version). Yeah, it's great.
On the other hand, an idea I want to give, is there any way you can give Malfurion a 'transformation spell' like the others druids have, those who transform into a bear and a storm crow. It would be amazing to see Malfurion transform into something bigger or better than his fellow druids' transformations (if you do, that spell could have a time duration, an increase of HP/damage/armor, and probably an aura, of course a natural/druidism aura).
I also see you're changing some chapters' titles, does that mean those chapters will have some changes?
Anyway, you're doing an excelent work and keep like that. GOOD LUCK!!!

We're changing the names of the chapters because we wanted them to reflect something different/deeper than just the events or location.
Another reason is that we wanted them to be more unique, distinct and memorable.
Some Chapters from the Sentinel branch will probably be changed as well once they go under revision.

Last edited: