• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Lucy's Naga Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7

Lucy's Naga Race

I love Naga, they are beautiful, interesting and deserve to be a playable race and not just that not-even-half finished thing we get in the campaign. So I decided to recreate the race~ but this time in full glory.
I aspire this race to be a balanced, unique race with it's own strengths and weaknesses.
I am in the final stage of creation: The abilities stand, rudimentary balance has been applied, all units have been created and I even implemented it in a number of maps already. But now, I require the help of others: I need balance testers and general feedback. I especially require people who craft models and icons for me and some help with a few codes, general bugfixing etc. etc.
If you wish to test my race, you can download a few maps from the links below. To access the race, just choose one of the edited maps, choose "Nightelf" as your race and set your handicap to 90% - et voilá, you can play the Naga!
Feedback about my race is very welcome. I hope you will have fun playing a few games with~

New patch uploaded! Please check it out, I changed a lot of things!

2-Player Maps
3-Player Maps
4-Player Maps
6-Player Maps
If you want me to edit a WC3 Map for you, so you can play the Naga on them~ Just tell me which one and I'll do.

Currently searching for players to test the race, click this link if you are interested~

Table of Contents

Heroes

NameIconArchetypeDescription

Medusa
BTNNagaSeaWitch.png
Versatile ranged attacker Mystical Hero, adept at casting disruptive spells and dealing high amounts of damage in ranged combat. Initially has Piercing Cold, which deals a high amount of extra damage with each attack for the price of mana. Can learn Petrifying Arrows, Draining Protector, Azshara's Wrath and Shredding Tornado.
Crystal Fang
icons_13184_btn.jpg
Chilling Tank Supportive tank Hero, able to entrap the whole battlefield in ice. Can Learn Ice Age, Azshara's Embrace, Flash Freeze and Icy Evolution.
Revenant of the Apocalypse
icons_7139_btn.jpg
Offensive Caster
Purely offensive Caster Hero, adept at dealing incredible amounts of magic damage and draining Health and Mana out of his enemies. Can Learn Syphon Soul, Azshara's Malice, Negative Blast and Apocalypse.

Plaguebringer
BTNMurlocFleshEater.png
Poisonous Fighter Disease spreading warrior Hero, adept at poisoning enemies and creating plague creatures. Can Learn Azshara's Venom, Miasma, Pandemia and Cradle of Filth.

Units

NameIconArchetypeCostDescription

Mur'gul Slave
BTNMurgalSlave.png
WorkerG75 L0 F1 Basic worker unit. Can harvest gold and lumber, build structures, and Repair. Harvests initially slow, but can be greatly improved through Servitude.
Turtle Caravan
BTNSeaTurtleGreen.png
SpecialG80(220) L50 F1A turtle that carries a building, serving as a mobile drop-off point for lumber that contains various researches. Can be ordered to move, allowing it to attack enemies and has Iron Shell, which heavily reduces damage taken.
Mur'gul Reaver
BTNMurgalTideWarrior.png
Tier 1 Melee G130 L0 F2 Agile melee unit with poison drenched blades. While fragile, they deal high amounts of damage and can be upgraded considerably. Profits from Azshara's Kiss, Snake Venom and Deepsea Armaments.
Snap Dragon
SnapDragon.jpg
Tier 1 Ranged G210 L30 F3 Light ranged unit that has a poison attack which slows and damages enemy units. Can learn Dragonbreath, which gives each of it's attacks a chance to spew fire. Profits from Azshara's Kiss.
Myrmidon
BTNNagaMyrmidon.gif
Tier 2 Bruiser G210 L40 F3 Sturdy melee unit with poisoned blades, profiting from a wide array of upgrades. Can learn the Sea Web ability to ensnare enemies. Profits from Azshara's Kiss, Snake Venom, Deepsea Armaments and Blessing of Depths
Naga Siren
NagaSiren.gif
Tier 2 Mage G140 L20 F2 Versatile spellcaster that can initially cast Snake Nest, which summons two serpents to the Siren's aid, and Tidal Blessing, which rids allies of negative effects, strengthens them and applies the negative effect to a nearby enemy. Can also learn Depth Charge and Silentum.
Mur'gul Oracle
BTNMurgulShadowCaster.png
Tier 2 Priest G150 L15 F2 Highly supportive Caster. Can initially cast Protection of Azshara. which greatly improves health regeneration and armor of a target for a short amount of time. Can learn Healing Nova and Ressurect.
Couatl
Couatl.jpg
Tier 2 Magebane G190 L20 F2 Light flying unit, adept at fighting against casters. Has Phantom Pain, which destroys enemy mana with each attack and converts it into extra damage, and Disruption, which removes buffs from a target, destroys mana and weakens their magical defenses. Can learn Paralyze and profits from Electric Tides.
Siege Hydra
BTNGreenHydra.png
Tier 2 Artillery G200 L65 F3 Slow and fragile, but powerful siege unit that spawns several hatchlings once slain. Can learn Caustic Spittle, causing each attack to leave a corrosive field behind. Profits from Taming the Beast.
Deepsea Dragon
BTNNetherDragon.png
Tier 2 Heavy Flyer G270 L60 F4 A dragon from the depths of the ocean, attacking with a dangerous combination of water and lightning, granting it a bouncing attack. Can gain the Affinity upgrade, which makes it's attacks bounce once more and have a chance to stun multiple enemies.
Makrura Mutant
BTNJungleBeast.png
Tier 3 Tank G250 L70 F4 Heavy Tank unit that can provoke enemies to attack him and has rends his enemies flesh to heal him with every melee attack. Can gain the Wavecrusher upgrade which increases it's movement speed and enables it to use Wavecrusher. Profits from Taming the Beast.
Dragon Turtle
BTNSeaTurtleRed.png
Tier 3 Siege Tank G270 L70 F5 Low range Siege unit, able to take incredible amounts of punishment. Has Iron Shell, which heavily reduces damage taken. Can learn Erosion, which slows and damages mechanical units, and Spiked Shell, which deals damage to melee attackers. Also Profits from Taming the Beast.
Naga Royal Guard
BTNNagaMyrmidonRoyalGuard.png
Tier 3 Melee Caster G400 L105 F6 Incredibly powerful melee unit that can learn powerful spells. Has Resistant Scales, which reduces the duration of negative spells. Learns Jet Wave and Summon Deepsea Elemental through the Blessing of Depths.

Gameplay

Pros/Cons

Strengths:
  • Very adaptable and versatile
  • Once upgraded, workers farm efficiently and move quickly
  • Strong defensive structures
  • Very good at chasing enemy units
  • They can swim like a sea snake! So surprising...

Weaknesses:
  • Weaker early game
  • Require a lot of upgrades and ressources
  • Weak aerial control
  • Deal their damage rather slowly
  • A lot of units use poison and the same poisons do not stack
  • Can't eat sushi
The Naga have a rather harsh early game. Their workers must first be upgraded with "Servitude" to farm at a moderate speed, while many researches require to be prioritized. However, Reavers are very cheap and, for that price, rather strong units, allowing for efficient rush tactics with a Medusa or Crystal Fang, while their powerful defensive structures can counter enemy rushes pretty well.

Once Royal Servitude is researched, the Naga farm at a high speed and have fast-moving workers, which is useful for expanding. This allows the Naga to quickly adapt to the enemy movements, while they can let their versatility shine through clever unit selection: They literarily have a unit for everything, if used correctly. Many Naga abilities offer utility, such as slowing enemies or speeding up allies, silencing enemies or pushing them into a desired direction, giving a number of tactical options in a fight.

Overall, the Naga are a well-rounded race, with a slight weakness early game and a flavorful edge on watery maps.

Screenshots

Videos

Credits

Credit goes to
Misha for creating the Main Hall, Makrura Mutant and Revenant of the Apocalypse models!
zzonehardy aka "The Ad-Guy"!

Please Support Us

Last edited:
Level 7
Ahh, people posted *-*

Keep in mind that it's balance is still not finished. Will whip up a new "patch" tomorrow ^.^ But please, test it, give your opinion of their strengths and weaknesses and, of course, on the abilities :3

Level 7
My sugestion is to add a naga illusionist , it will good
Sadly, the line-up is pretty complete already - but the idea itself is rather beautiful. Maybe I can fit it into the race somewhere... or maybe into the next race I will create - Demons ^.^

Level 12
The demons is a good idea , also for demons you can add a fear master and an hypnotist demon

Level 7
The demons is a good idea , also for demons you can add a fear master and an hypnotist demon
This does not really fit the Warcraft demons, if you think about it: The Demons in Warcraft are all about dark, possibly self-destructive, magic and sheer FORCE. I want to embrace this concept~
Though, there still is a lot of space, as the demon project is on hold until I finish the Naga :3 Thank you for your ideas~

Level 12
Well in warcraft some demons have telepathetical powers , such as the Dread Lords , Detheroc controlled Garithos with his powers

Level 7
Well in warcraft some demons have telepathetical powers , such as the Dread Lords , Detheroc controlled Garithos with his powers
Mhm, I already have something in mind for that matter, though, that whole "telephatic" concept is really not a big trait of the Warcraft demons.

Level 12
Also how sound a naga predator , who can change his color to adaptate and can release a noxios cloud

My review ^_^

revenant of the Apocalypse's final spell:
i thiink 3 harbingers might be a bit too much? how would it feel if there was only one of them? and also.. would you want me to try making a naga version of that shadowy harbinger?, perhaps based off my Vashj'ir Blademaster model?

Restraining guardian:
I really don't think it fits the whole naga theme. but i would suggest changing it for something lill more.. guardian-ish. Also, the restraining ability should be on auto as soon as the thing is upgraded

Crystal Fang:
her ultimate shows at green square in the 'learning tab' so to say, until she gets to the level she needs for it.. dunno if that has been fixed or not..
her 'embrace aura' feels a little too.. flashy and a bit too much 'going on' about it (just my opinion tho x3)
her ultimate, it's like.. "whoa!" :xxd: but that thing has the aura effect and such on the chest, making it a bit 'meh' to me, if someone could fix up thoise attachment points, it would be good to go.. maybe the maker? :xxd:

Poison Guardian:
its passive ability needs a passive ability icon

Plaguebringer:
is maybe this guy's model better? :3 http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/murguldreameater-49864/?prev=search=murloc&d=list&r=20

Temple of Oceans:
well.. if the second and third tier were attacking, like.. from the top of that sickle-shape, it would add a bit more defense, which could probably be nerfing some towers, OR, giving the restraining tower's abilities into it, thus eliminating that tower

makrura mutant:
so i fixed the hero glow, but, could you try making them play the 'submerge' animation whenever they charge at someone? it kinda would feel a lill bit better when they're frozen in the 'lunge' state. (then just reset animation when done)

Naga Siren:
'snake nest' ability.. to me it feels like the snake should have a countdown timer called 'snake nest' or so ^^

Snapdragon:
just to note that snapdragons were most likely panthers before the sundering turned them to naga-ish creatures, so.. i don't really see the fire being their thing ^^

Aaand i finished the map with a tiny-tidal-guardian rush :xxd: since i just love that lill item.

so, there's my feedback, it's kinda more art-y, i think

Level 7
My review ^_^

revenant of the Apocalypse's final spell:
i thiink 3 harbingers might be a bit too much? how would it feel if there was only one of them? and also.. would you want me to try making a naga version of that shadowy harbinger?, perhaps based off my Vashj'ir Blademaster model?
Funnily enough, the Harbringer's are only a very slight bit over the edge and I already got a small nerf in the next patch. The whole point of them is, that they can replenish each other's mana and are generally much stronger as 3, forcing an enemy to take at least one out. But in terms of balance:
The 3 of them have LESS dps than 1 "Inferno" summoned by the Dreadlord and are less tanky than 1 "Inferno", too - all 3 together. Additionally, they do not last as long, the AoE they are summoned with can hit friendly units and does neither stun as long nor damage as much.
As you can see, they may seem like much, but are not too much.

A model for them would be GREAT. However, seeing as they are ranged units, the Blademaster would probably not be the most fitting. But I am sure you can whip up something good :3

Restraining guardian:
I really don't think it fits the whole naga theme. but i would suggest changing it for something lill more.. guardian-ish. Also, the restraining ability should be on auto as soon as the thing is upgraded
Didn't find any good Tower model for the restraining guardian that fits the Naga is my main problem there~ Though, that evilish look at least fits the Naga. I do not wish to remove the turret options, as it is a good bit of their adaptability to have efficient turreting-options.
Next patch considerably strengthens both turrets, nerfs the "Restraint" ability and increases the cost for them. The "Restraining Guardian" will have very slow attackspeed, but deal a LOT of damage per strike, fitting such a big fat lightning bolt :3
And: NO idea why the autocast does not work .__.

Crystal Fang:
her ultimate shows at green square in the 'learning tab' so to say, until she gets to the level she needs for it.. dunno if that has been fixed or not..
her 'embrace aura' feels a little too.. flashy and a bit too much 'going on' about it (just my opinion tho x3)
her ultimate, it's like.. "whoa!" :xxd: but that thing has the aura effect and such on the chest, making it a bit 'meh' to me, if someone could fix up thoise attachment points, it would be good to go.. maybe the maker? :xxd:
I gotta look into it.. THe green square is a mere icon problem: I use one of the "hidden icons" of WC3 - and apparently it's "disabled"-version misses. But this can surely be fixed soon by editing the icon.
Other than that~ Gotta look for a better aura, you are correct. And I am thinking about changing her ultimate ability to something else - wanna flesh this out once I have a better grasp of her powerlevel.

Poison Guardian:
its passive ability needs a passive ability icon
Will be considerably changed next patch and this time, with a passive ability icon :3

Looked at this one but is not quite it. He needs a much more suffering look.

Temple of Oceans:
well.. if the second and third tier were attacking, like.. from the top of that sickle-shape, it would add a bit more defense, which could probably be nerfing some towers, OR, giving the restraining tower's abilities into it, thus eliminating that tower
As mentioned: Eliminating the turret would destroy the defensive-turreting strategy - Restraining Guardians fit very well into the Naga's defensive tactics, especially in the next patch.

makrura mutant:
so i fixed the hero glow, but, could you try making them play the 'submerge' animation whenever they charge at someone? it kinda would feel a lill bit better when they're frozen in the 'lunge' state. (then just reset animation when done)
Hmm.. Gotta look into it, but am not quite sure. Though, I like how the "Wavecrusher" looks so far ^^"

Naga Siren:
'snake nest' ability.. to me it feels like the snake should have a countdown timer called 'snake nest' or so ^^
Will be clarified in the tooltip coming next patch: THe snakes are Permanent - they last until they die, the Siren dies or are resummoned. The little serpents shall dps for the Siren :3

Snapdragon:
just to note that snapdragons were most likely panthers before the sundering turned them to naga-ish creatures, so.. i don't really see the fire being their thing ^^
THey could very well be.. Lizards, you know? And Lizard are known for their connection to dragons. And it even says it in the name that they are a "Snap Dragon". I may be wrong, but it seems pwetty convincing to me.

Aaand i finished the map with a tiny-tidal-guardian rush :xxd: since i just love that lill item.

so, there's my feedback, it's kinda more art-y, i think
Haha, Nice. Be happy, next patch, the Tiny-tidal-guardian will be a bit cheaper ^..^

Your feedback was very helpful :3 You brought a lot of good points. Though, for many artistic points, you know the problem I have ^^" Any help is, of course, appreciated.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well well well. It's beautiful to see another dedicated "race-maker" on the Hive; I could always use the competition. : ) Wa666r better watch out...

Anyway, on to the Naga. Oh the Naga; what a watery, maleficent race. Also one of the most-modded races... I guess something about Blizzard's excellent-but-lamentably-unfinished take on them just inspires every modder & their mother to do something about it... Heck, I've got plans for the best full custom Naga (race), too! :p

That being said, I know I'm far too busy to physically check them out (as much as I'd like to... or at least, right now), but I will give some thoughts on things as I read them (& see them in Zzonehardy's videos (thanks, man!)), based on my experience in race-modding.

~~~

Heroes
  • Looks like you've got a good set of Hero roles covered (tank, caster, support, etc).
  • While I like the idea of having a "naming Theme", I'm a little worried at what might be considered an overuse of the term "Azshara". I mean, I know they love her, but you don't see half the Undead heroes with "Lich King's Wrath" and "Lich King's Frost", right?
  • Why does the Medusa have 5 abilities?
  • Some of your names are really interesting (Cradle of Filth, <3, Flash Freeze, Apocalypse, Miasma, Revenant, etc)... But many of your names are really weird (Draining Protector, Shredding Tornado, Crystal Fang, __ of the Apocalypse, Pandemia, Negative Blast, etc), and one is just plain misspelled (Syphon Mana). Eh? I know a lot of that is subjective, but still...
  • Looking at the Murloc hero Zzonehardy tested, I can say that while you've done a good job mixing & matching spells, remember that (much to my great misfortune & frustration), buffs do not stack. That is to say, the Plaguebringer's "Azshara's Venom" is cool, but is obviously based off of Shadow Strike and so won't stack with the Warden's Shadow Strike. (same deal with Miasma & the regular UD Disease Cloud) Frustrating (and maybe not worth your time until later), but something to consider if you're truly trying to make a "compatible-with-the-other-4" 5th-race addition.

Units
  • Very wide & varied set of units you got there; interesting takes on the original, with some cool new additions. Verah Noice. : )
  • Going with the "compatible with/standardized to the existing 4 races", you have 13 units, where each other has 12.
  • Definitely have some model-issues to work out (Hero glows, etc).
  • I for one have a big problem doing this... But you ought to consider both lowering the number of abilities (remember, some units (Human Knight) have none!, and each race has an average of 25-30 abilities total), as well as lowering the amount of text in the ability tooltips. Really all the tooltips; just noticed that there's loads of information presented. Can get difficult to wade through.
  • I'm a big stickler for lore... So take this with a grain of salt. But I believe the Makrura were enemies to the Naga, so allying seems out of the question. Also, while your Mur'gul hero is pretty cool, I personally have a hard time seeing a lowly Mur'gul rising through the ranks to become a Hero of any kind. The Naga always struck me as a race filled with little enslaved cannon fodder (Mur'guls) backed up by powerful, trained & magical shock troops (Naga). Meh.
  • Two units with "Ensnare"? Eeehhh... Disables are pretty potent in this game, IIRC.
  • Snap Dragons = Fire Breath?? Poison, sure; steam, ok; water, totally...
  • Love the usage of the Moving Turtle Depot model. We miss you, AndrewOverload...
  • Remember that regular units in Wc3 shouldn't have Direct Damage abilities (Jet Wave, I think?) nor Direct Summon abilities (Parasite being the only exception; and being on a campaign unit doesn't necessarily mean it's balanced :p).
  • Can't eat sushi
    For The Win. : )

Keep up the good work. Like I said, good to see another race-maker. : )

Level 7
Well well well. It's beautiful to see another dedicated "race-maker" on the Hive; I could always use the competition. : ) Wa666r better watch out...

Anyway, on to the Naga. Oh the Naga; what a watery, maleficent race. Also one of the most-modded races... I guess something about Blizzard's excellent-but-lamentably-unfinished take on them just inspires every modder & their mother to do something about it... Heck, I've got plans for the best full custom Naga (race), too! :p
I really love Naga. Always did, even before I knew Warcraft - you cannot tell how happy I was to play Naga in the campaign... And how unhappy Iw as to not be able to play in a normal game. Then I found the world Editor and that compelled me to create this race.

That being said, I know I'm far too busy to physically check them out (as much as I'd like to... or at least, right now), but I will give some thoughts on things as I read them (& see them in Zzonehardy's videos (thanks, man!)), based on my experience in race-modding.
Sad to see you cannot test them yourself.. Maybe you'll be able to soon give them at least a go :3
~~~

[*]While I like the idea of having a "naming Theme", I'm a little worried at what might be considered an overuse of the term "Azshara". I mean, I know they love her, but you don't see half the Undead heroes with "Lich King's Wrath" and "Lich King's Frost", right?
I know what you mean and I will look into it. Though, I like the idea of giving every hero one ability with Azshara's name in it.
[*]Why does the Medusa have 5 abilities?
This is her structure, simple as that. The Medusa is a ranged attacker with rather low basic damage output - she needs her 5th ability - Piercing Cold - to actually be of use. Petrifying Arrows, in turn, regenerate her mana - which she also needs, as Piercing Cold drains mana quickly. Additionally, she has very low health, hence she gets some extra protection with her shield, and all of her abilities drain a lot of mana over time.
Overall, her skillset is quite cohesive and fits well together. Draining Protector to have some survivability if caught and while channeling Azshara's Wrath. Her two arrows skills to either damage enemies greatly or regenerate her delicate manapool, while Wrath of Azshara and Shredding TOrnado are both able to damage buildngs greatly. This gives her a very unique niche as an offensive Hero, I think.

[*]Some of your names are really interesting (Cradle of Filth, <3, Flash Freeze, Apocalypse, Miasma, Revenant, etc)... But many of your names are really weird (Draining Protector, Shredding Tornado, Crystal Fang, __ of the Apocalypse, Pandemia, Negative Blast, etc), and one is just plain misspelled (Syphon Mana). Eh? I know a lot of that is subjective, but still...
Creating so many names leaves one burnt out after some time ~.~ Any suggestions would welcome. And of course, I'll fix that spelling mistake soon ^^"
If you wish, we could chat a bit about that, as I'd like to have some more ideas and opinions for that.

[*]Looking at the Murloc hero Zzonehardy tested, I can say that while you've done a good job mixing & matching spells, remember that (much to my great misfortune & frustration), buffs do not stack. That is to say, the Plaguebringer's "Azshara's Venom" is cool, but is obviously based off of Shadow Strike and so won't stack with the Warden's Shadow Strike. (same deal with Miasma & the regular UD Disease Cloud) Frustrating (and maybe not worth your time until later), but something to consider if you're truly trying to make a "compatible-with-the-other-4" 5th-race addition.
[/list]
I am aware of that and this is generally something I am worried about, yet do not know how to fix myself.

[*]Going with the "compatible with/standardized to the existing 4 races", you have 13 units, where each other has 12.
My thirteenth unit is the Turtle Caravan... Which is more of a building ^^" It is upgraded from the lumber-mill building.

[*]I for one have a big problem doing this... But you ought to consider both lowering the number of abilities (remember, some units (Human Knight) have none!, and each race has an average of 25-30 abilities total), as well as lowering the amount of text in the ability tooltips. Really all the tooltips; just noticed that there's loads of information presented. Can get difficult to wade through.
Many unit abilities are passive or autocast, which takes the main "problem" of them away. And Knights do not need abilities because they have some roflstomping damage, speed and bulk(Really, there are nearly as powerful as Tauren and arguably exceed Tauren in power, when they have not learnt pulverize).
I tried to keep the number of active abilities on a moderate amount, to make it less of a strain to use the Naga.
And for tooltips... yeah, I really need to shorten them. Many abilities, though, have a rather lengthy effect by nature, making it harsh to shorten the tooltips.

[*]I'm a big stickler for lore... So take this with a grain of salt. But I believe the Makrura were enemies to the Naga, so allying seems out of the question. Also, while your Mur'gul hero is pretty cool, I personally have a hard time seeing a lowly Mur'gul rising through the ranks to become a Hero of any kind. The Naga always struck me as a race filled with little enslaved cannon fodder (Mur'guls) backed up by powerful, trained & magical shock troops (Naga). Meh.
Makrura are indeed enemies of the Naga, but my Makrura is not a Makrura but more of a Naga.. with Makrura parts - a mutation, is the idea behind that, which I find.. interesting, to say the least. Suffice to say, the Naga are probably not the most prejudiced race on the face of Azeroth either, especially after their transformation, so I find it fitting.
And for the Murloc-Hero.. The way I imagined it somehow is, that he was an especially fierce fighter and intelligent Murloc that had a lifespan that exceeded the expectation of "Cannon Fodder" by far. Thus, he was blessed(cursed?) by Azshara, which gives him his poisonous, plaguing abilities.
Both of these things are a bit flimsy in reasoning, yet plausible enough I'd say.
[*]Two units with "Ensnare"? Eeehhh... Disables are pretty potent in this game, IIRC.
Thinking about taking one Ensnare out myself or weakening the Reaver's ensnare(Higher CD, lower duration). I wanna have some more people test it first, though.
[*]Snap Dragons = Fire Breath?? Poison, sure; steam, ok; water, totally...
Ah, steam... that idea is great..! I'd only need a fitting animation for that now. The idea for the firebreath mainly came about, as that thing is, after all, called snap Dragon.

[*]Remember that regular units in Wc3 shouldn't have Direct Damage abilities (Jet Wave, I think?) nor Direct Summon abilities (Parasite being the only exception; and being on a campaign unit doesn't necessarily mean it's balanced :p).
I do not see anything wrong with giving units summon or direct damage - not everything has to be standardized, as long as it does not evolve into a problem.
The Siren and Royal Guard both got a summon that is calculated in their balance(think of the summon and the unit itself as one), while I have also used a few directly damaging abilities, albeit sparingly.
Simply put: I do not see the imbalance in using summon or damaging effects, but I see the possibility for resulting disbalance in them... Yet, I wish to wait for more balance testing before I tackle the abilities.

Keep up the good work. Like I said, good to see another race-maker. : )
I am grateful, fellow creator :3

Level 7
Really coal race Lucy.
Gonna test it later and give you some feedback.

Thank you ^..^ The newest patch mainly aimed at balance(Did a full round-up on unit health, cost and dps), so they should work out much smoother now.

I'm a bit disappointed though that they can't eat sushi
I had to give them meaningful weaknesses, you know. A bit of a bummer, but they cannot be all around perfect.

Level 10
Let's make it short: I love that you love naga. I love naga. We love naga.
Maybe nagaswould love us if they knew we love them.
At least if they would excist.
Now I'm sad 'cause they don't. :c

But for real, I appreciate your feeling towards naga.
I always thought most of people don't like them so much. But you do! ♥

Please, keep up this work. (Honestly)
Oh, and add some screenies please.

Level 7
Let's make it short: I love that you love naga. I love naga. We love naga.
Maybe nagaswould love us if they knew we love them.
At least if they would excist.
Now I'm sad 'cause they don't. :c

But for real, I appreciate your feeling towards naga.
I always thought most of people don't like them so much. But you do! ♥

Please, keep up this work. (Honestly)
I once had a pet-snake A big, strangling one.. but she was very very cute towards me, always wanting to cuddle or bumping her head against my face *-*
I think Naga would like us ^..^

And I am keeping it up. If I ever get my hands on modeler with time on it's hands, I may be able to seriously improve the visuals, too ^.^

Level 14
They seem to be pretty fragile, but once they get all of their offensive upgrades they can be a pain. To be fair, I've always been an UD player which is pretty straight-forward: animate things and watch them die as I throw them at other things.

Hurricane Isle would probably be the best map for them to play on (I'm thinking as a home-map though, much like Icecrown is the UD home-map).

//\\oo//\\

Level 7
They seem to be pretty fragile, but once they get all of their offensive upgrades they can be a pain. To be fair, I've always been an UD player which is pretty straight-forward: animate things and watch them die as I throw them at other things.

Hurricane Isle would probably be the best map for them to play on (I'm thinking as a home-map though, much like Icecrown is the UD home-map).

//\\oo//\\
My Naga are rather fragile early on - intended weakness. They are really powerful on the offense to offset. Additionally, on your Tier 3 units are all incredibly beefy - Nameless, Dragon Turtles, Makrura Mutants and Royal Guards. They are all rather expensive but worth it.
But thank you for the feedback: Any suggestions for change or worries in terms of balance?

Hurricane Isle, mh? Gotta add that one then.. I chose the maps by personal preference and by "Places that are also in WoW" ^~^

Well i am not a very fan of naga but i like your maps . Have a nice day !
Thanks, maybe you'll be a fan of them soon enough :3 Have a nice day yourself ^.^

Level 14
My Naga are rather fragile early on - intended weakness. They are really powerful on the offense to offset. Additionally, on your Tier 3 units are all incredibly beefy - Nameless, Dragon Turtles, Makrura Mutants and Royal Guards. They are all rather expensive but worth it.
But thank you for the feedback: Any suggestions for change or worries in terms of balance?

Hurricane Isle, mh? Gotta add that one then.. I chose the maps by personal preference and by "Places that are also in WoW" ^~^

Since I've only played through twice, I don't really have any suggestions on balance - I can't play against them easily. Nor do I know how they are meant to be played.

Hurricane Isle is from the 4v4 map pool, most players hated it since they could not walk off of their starting island (deep water). Since your Naga are amphibious, they would do rather well thematically. Never played WoW so I can't verify that it exists in that game.

//\\oo//\\

Level 7
Since I've only played through twice, I don't really have any suggestions on balance - I can't play against them easily. Nor do I know how they are meant to be played.

Hurricane Isle is from the 4v4 map pool, most players hated it since they could not walk off of their starting island (deep water). Since your Naga are amphibious, they would do rather well thematically. Never played WoW so I can't verify that it exists in that game.

//\\oo//\\

I see. If anything stuck out to you as "weak" or "strong", this would also help a lot. I can then precisely check every aspect of a unit and can, through comparism, test and calculation, determine what to do.

Well, I just did some random maps.. the edit of a new map takes me around 7-8 minutes, making it a pretty annoying task to do for many maps. But I think I'll add the isle to it just for the heck of it...

well.. played through the new batch, and Haven't noticed too much of the gameplay difference, except.. more tiny tidal guardian items :xxd:
tho i did notice that your abilities do not seem to have same hotkeys at their tooltip shows, in fact, some tooltips don't even have a hotkey showing (differently colored letter)

crystal fang still has that issue with her ultimate's icon.. and still got the issue with the aura and her ultimate form

Level 7
well.. played through the new batch, and Haven't noticed too much of the gameplay difference, except.. more tiny tidal guardian items :xxd:
tho i did notice that your abilities do not seem to have same hotkeys at their tooltip shows, in fact, some tooltips don't even have a hotkey showing (differently colored letter)

crystal fang still has that issue with her ultimate's icon.. and still got the issue with the aura and her ultimate form
Yeah, I really didn't get into setting hotkeys... thanks to my general un-skill in wc3 ^^" Gotta fix that at some point...

The ultimate-research icon thingy is a bug that comes about due to the icon I use. I use one of these "Hidden Icons" of wc3 - problem is, apparently.. that Icon has no "disabled" version.

A~aaand... I forgot the aura thingy >.<

Generally, one may not notice it at first, but I changed the DPS and Effective Health of nigh every unit. The biggest changes I have done have been to pre-upgrade Deepsea Dragon, Dragon Turtles, Makrura Mutants, fully-upgraded Myrmidon and Reavers.

To give some insight: Draogn Turtles and Mutants have more tankiness, Deepsea Dragon have more damage pre-upgrade by giving it a one-time bounce(Though, the upgrade is still not futile due to the stunning-effect) and both Myrmidons and Reavers were rather OP, so I needed to nerf them.

And I added a multi-target(Currently still bouncing, though) attack to the Poison Guardian.

This patch is generally aimed as a whole base-balance overhaul, correcting anything seriously out of line while incentivizing the role of a unit(For example: Reavers have a damage-role - they do a lot more damage than their direct counterparts, the Myrmidon).

Level 7
Level 16
Alright so I played around with the race.
Pretty fun. The race has a slow start but will become strong late game. You'd probably have a hard time getting your base to catch up if enemies constantly sends units to you base early on. The race seems balanced enough.
Will test the race more and give more feedback.

Level 7
And find someone to fix that icy thing's attachment points.. I mean, there are people around that can do it, if you'd only ask, and it isn't even editing, just fixing what ain't right

Okay, will get onto that soon then.

Alright so I played around with the race.
Pretty fun. The race has a slow start but will become strong late game. You'd probably have a hard time getting your base to catch up if enemies constantly sends units to you base early on. The race seems balanced enough.
Will test the race more and give more feedback.
Thanks a lot. I do believe that, against very aggressive strategies, the rather strong Reavers and towers could help out. I often get myself around 10 Reavers early, which are built really quickly and suffice for my defensive means - or even rushing the enemy if accompanied by a Crystal Fang or Medusa.

Level 14
Thanks a lot. I do believe that, against very aggressive strategies, the rather strong Reavers and towers could help out. I often get myself around 10 Reavers early, which are built really quickly and suffice for my defensive means - or even rushing the enemy if accompanied by a Crystal Fang or Medusa.

Have you managed to play against other players? I'm curious as to how well your Naga could withstand rushes from other players.

//\\0o//\\

Level 7
Have you managed to play against other players? I'm curious as to how well your Naga could withstand rushes from other players.

//\\0o//\\

Only twice, but he didn't rush me, so I cannot quite say... Maybe Ill do some number-crunching to calculate stuff..

Level 9
I feel like the only unbalanced thing would be late-game, early-game is thier obvious weakness, however... once you hit late game, Naga wrek and there is no winning for the other team

Strong < OP so, IDK what happens but something in the late game needs to be nerfed, not to the point where it isn't STRONG tho... it's a tough spot, but I know you got it ;)

EDIT: Do you not consider what Jar Ett did a rush? xD

Level 12
Well you can change a little the techtree , Ujimasa Hojo has some nice naga buildings

Level 7
I feel like the only unbalanced thing would be late-game, early-game is thier obvious weakness, however... once you hit late game, Naga wrek and there is no winning for the other team

Strong < OP so, IDK what happens but something in the late game needs to be nerfed, not to the point where it isn't STRONG tho... it's a tough spot, but I know you got it ;)

EDIT: Do you not consider what Jar Ett did a rush? xD

Gotta wait for more conclusive tests to make a statement about their lategame powerlevel. Though, a bad early is a big misadvantage in this game, as rush-tactics are rather prevalent.

I considered that one, his fault was building only the frail rifle-men and using such a defensive Hero as the Paladin. He lacked a frontline, thus you were able to easily defeat him with your reavers and towers. This tells me: A wrongly executed rush can easily be defended against.. and that is a good thing :3

Status
Not open for further replies.