• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 12
Well Shar , you have all the rights to take a break and also this is the key : to have fun when you create your campaign

Level 20
You have earned your break.Just chill and take it easy quality>quantity,no need to rush your camping :) .Glad to see such a dedicated camping creator.

Level 20
We are just talking on how the Rangul model would be more fiiting,henc trying to inprove the camping by giving our ideas.This is why this thread was made after all.Sinc i finished the human book and gave my review in it i am just trying to give new ideas.Dont like it just unsubscribe from the thread.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Dont like it just unsubscribe from the thread.
This is exactly why posting models is annoying since I get it in my subscription box.

Pointing out that a model for a unit might need to change. That's fine.

Arguing about which model specifically it in the map thread, not fine.

Level 20
Hey Shar , how about to add a shaman hero ?

I think the warlock hero fullfiles the role better.Also orcs dont have a shaman unite they only have necrolytes and warlocks so adding a shaman hero would look kinda strange.Rember we are on the world of Arkin,these orcs have nothing to do whith azeroth orcs.They might not even have shamanistic traditions.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
While taking my break, I thought about some stuff. I'm kinda torn between working on the next books and creating the Kasrkin mode so I decided to ask you for your opinion. It'd take MUCH longer if I worked on both simultaneously.
So, what's more important for you? That I add the Kasrkin mode (HIGH difficulty) or work on the next campaign?
Please vote up there - I personally don't mind which one I complete first, I'll create both anyway.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Anyone here remember that some guys wanted me to replace the Elite model? Well, I did.
I created a little, simple custom skin for it.
Might do the same for either the Vindicator or the Commander unit.

Progress report:
Chapter One is done completely, Chapter Two terrain as well. When Chapter Two is done (and tested of course) the demo be released. Stay tuned.

Level 20
I played the camping.Evrything seemed cool,but i saw a strange bug.At the chapter select section Pilage mission was before the interlude.After i finished mission 1 the intrelude started playing and then send me back to mission 1.

Level 12
I know it is not important . The full version of the human book has 10 mb and the demo of orc book has 7 mb . It is just strange

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Hmmm, your terrain is very flat, anyway, the lore's good, (propably don't agree with the killing innocents), I will try to play the demo and see where this is going

Have fun!

I played the camping.Evrything seemed cool,but i saw a strange bug.At the chapter select section Pilage mission was before the interlude.After i finished mission 1 the intrelude started playing and then send me back to mission 1.

Hm, I guess, I should've played the Interlude.
However, this will be fixed soon. Clicking on the button of Chapter Two will start the second chapter, so you can play it nevertheless.

I know it is not important . The full version of the human book has 10 mb and the demo of orc book has 7 mb . It is just strange

That's because of the imported models/skins/icons/AI/etc. The maps themselves aren't THAT big compared to them since I imported some stuff.

Level 12
@Shar Dundered. Ok , i understand , just saying. Also to understand that the full campaign will something between 20-25 mb ?

Level 12
Ok Shar , just curiosity , the size is not very important for a campaign but i think it is good to have a small size . Good luck and no offence

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Ok Shar , just curiosity , the size is not very important for a campaign but i think it is good to have a small size . Good luck and no offence

Nah, if you download 1 mb per second it will only take 2 minutes to download 120 mb. Size doesn't really matter unless it's multiplayer.

Or in my case when you download 10 mb/s :)

Sure decreased size is good, but I don't think it's worth the time to optimize it.

Last edited:
Level 10
Dear Shar here is my current review of the first orc book:

The first point: when you complete the first chapter of the campaign it always goes back to the exact same mission which you had completed is this an error, a loop or my patch is not right for the job cause i have tft 1.26a patch installed.

The second point: while the missions of your campaign are nice and interesting they need a little polish on them especially the second mission could you add the horn of cenarius as the holder of the healing item, and make Rangul take it from it.

Level 12
Nah, if you download 1 mb per second it will only take 2 minutes to download 120 mb. Size doesn't really matter unless it's multiplayer.

Or in my case when you download 10 mb/s :)

Sure decreased size is good, but I don't think it's worth the time to optimize it.
I agree with you , but not all people has a fast conection . Also a small filezise is good for the size of warcraft folder . I mean to have 20 campaigns of 200 mb each one , and the custom maps .... well it is a lot

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Dear Shar here is my current review of the first orc book:

The first point: when you complete the first chapter of the campaign it always goes back to the exact same mission which you had completed is this an error, a loop or my patch is not right for the job cause i have tft 1.26a patch installed.

That's not a patch issue, I made a little mistake there. Will be fixed with the next update.

The second point: while the missions of your campaign are nice and interesting they need a little polish on them especially the second mission could you add the horn of cenarius as the holder of the healing item, and make Rangul take it from it.

I considered doing something like that as well.
I think I'll give Rangul the undroppable "Deathbreeze Clan Banner" in the first two missions and replace it by the scepter

@kakuzu: I see your point, but I'm not going to optimize the campaign for file size reasons. I dislike the whole protecting/optimizing stuff.
Also, a campaign has a big file size if there are many imported models/skins/icons/AIs etc. There's no way around that - optimizing ´might help a bit but I won't use it.

Btw, since I'm still on my break I can't tell you when the next chapters will come, but don't worry, I'm still thinking of some new stuff.

Level 12
@Shar Dundred . Of course , you are right , there is no need to optimize your campaign just for the filesize . I just said that a small campaign has some avantages . And dont warry , your campaign has a very good filesize

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I agree with you , but not all people has a fast conection . Also a small filezise is good for the size of warcraft folder . I mean to have 20 campaigns of 200 mb each one , and the custom maps .... well it is a lot

damn then I only have over 1 terabyte left on my hard drive and then 500 gig on my SSD.
minus the programs I have installed that is.

OT:
EST for future beta? I wont play before it becomes like +5 chapters.

Level 24
Ok, here's what I found out about the first campaign:

I found that the terrain is pretty much missing something or empty or some sort of, a littl flat and lacks tile variation.

Let's go to the other parts, while through my play, I see shamans casting Bloodlust to villagers, now thats one of those "Treat humans as an ally by "Orc Player"" triggers, maybe turn that into Neutral rather than ally, let's continue, a suggestion. How about adding that Bandit optional quest when the "Villagers friendly Interrogation ;)" is done or when the village is sacked.

I was impressed on the strong units I faced while I'm on my way to the Noble house, but I don't know if others will like that, they're pretty strong for just a first chapter. And even might lose all your units and Rangul. I wouldn't much worry about the path to the demons, so the raid in the ship is next, when I arrive, the ship was half health, and even barely destroyed the catapult before the ship was destroyed, you will need to fix some stuffs there,

Thats another bug :)

Thats all I found for me, no hard feelings man, :D, and also, your cinematics are good but they do lack camera movements,
I will try to play Chapter 2, :D
(Too **** busy)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Ok, here's what I found out about the first campaign:

I found that the terrain is pretty much missing something or empty or some sort of, a littl flat and lacks tile variation.

Somehow I'm not surprised. ;D

Let's go to the other parts, while through my play, I see shamans casting Bloodlust to villagers, now thats one of those "Treat humans as an ally by "Orc Player"" triggers, maybe turn that into Neutral rather than ally, let's continue, a suggestion. How about adding that Bandit optional quest when the "Villagers friendly Interrogation ;)" is done or when the village is sacked.

That's no bug. The villagers have the Frenzy ability (which is kinda the very same as Bloodlust but works only on themselves) and there are no shamans on the map. ;)

I was impressed on the strong units I faced while I'm on my way to the Noble house, but I don't know if others will like that, they're pretty strong for just a first chapter. And even might lose all your units and Rangul. I wouldn't much worry about the path to the demons, so the raid in the ship is next, when I arrive, the ship was half health, and even barely destroyed the catapult before the ship was destroyed, you will need to fix some stuffs there,

Like the Knights you mean? Well, they don't have that many ugrades (although they have some more when you play on Hard) and your Grunts have their upgrade. I didn't have any problems at all, but we'll see about that one. The boat thing is supposed to be a bit harder.

Thats all I found for me, no hard feelings man, :D, and also, your cinematics are good but they do lack camera movements,
I will try to play Chapter 2, :D
(Too **** busy)

No offense at all, mate. ;)
Take your time to play Chapter 2. It's a bit longer.

Level 24
Somehow I'm not surprised. ;D

lol :>

That's no bug. The villagers have the Frenzy ability (which is kinda the very same as Bloodlust but works only on themselves) and there are no shamans on the map. ;)

I see, wait, I kinda remember the shaman model, (I may have forgot the name) cheap trick >.< :)>)

Like the Knights you mean? Well, they don't have that many ugrades (although they have some more when you play on Hard) and your Grunts have their upgrade. I didn't have any problems at all, but we'll see about that one. The boat thing is supposed to be a bit harder.

Now I know why, (picked Hard, hahaha), it will depend on one's skill to pass the boat part :>

No offense at all, mate. ;)
Take your time to play Chapter 2. It's a bit longer.

:>

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Chapter One:

-Well....i know it's just a demo but terrain really needs some more improvement in here.It's a bit empty.

-I think that village needs way more destruction.maybe add more neutral buildings and triggers that would set 'decoration buildings' on fire?

-Vanessa is a bit to quiet for me.Shouldn't she say something to orc Grunt or to main hero?

Second Chapter:

-That 'Scepter of healing' item really should be added up.

And....that one thing.Is it skin for Captain or you just changed colours? It looks pretty interesting to me.
Elite.png

Keep making good work!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Chapter One:

-Well....i know it's just a demo but terrain really needs some more improvement in here.It's a bit empty.

Yeah, I know. Will be improved.

-I think that village needs way more destruction.maybe add more neutral buildings and triggers that would set 'decoration buildings' on fire?

Funnily, this was supposed to be in the chapter in the first place and I decided to remove it for trigger reasons. Might re-add it.

-Vanessa is a bit to quiet for me.Shouldn't she say something to orc Grunt or to main hero?

Hm, that's not a bad idea actually. When I first created the chapter, Vanessa was supposed to be... I don't know, not old enough to speak? Since she's older in this one, I should really think about that (I already got some ideas, actually.)

Second Chapter:

-That 'Scepter of healing' item really should be added up.

I first wanted that you destroy the Castle and then have to take it - somehow the trigger didn't work and so I decided to change the quest. I'll add it to the inventory in the next chapter.

And....that one thing.Is it skin for Captain or you just changed colours? It looks pretty interesting to me.
Elite.png

It's a skin made by myself. I'll add it to the First Human Book as well once I update that campaign.

Keep making good work!

Thanks, will do. ;)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So, my break is completely over now. I'm already enhancing the first chapters.
I also think about creating something like a teaser for one of the campaigns. I can already announce that I'm going to update the First Human Book when the First Orc Book is done - perhaps before working on the Undead Book or at the same time. I don't know that yet.