• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Edge of Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
「Edge of Tomorrow」

By Uklabokalala

Gameplay
[tr]
William is an officer in the U.S military. He goes to England to fight the new enemy that has emerged. So William is dumped into a squad to fight the aliens. When he lands on the beach he's killed instantly, and when he died, he woke up. But he just woke up in the beginning of the day. So William is able to die and start the day over. William uses this to his advantage and destroy the alien foe.

Features
[tr]
6 stages
Custom Abilities
Multiple Ways to Beat the Game
Models for Most Units
6 Difficulties

Credits
[tr]
Uklabokalala, Model creators (Will add later I got much to do right now.)

Changelog
[tr]
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Attachments

• Edge of Tomorrow.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 32
I've played the map until I'm stuck at the top left region. I made it to the non-clickable Helicopter, what do I do now? I do think it's a nice improvement :D

I also have a list of suggestions and tips.
- Include DISBTNs. At least have most, especially the most important ones. DISBTNs are the darkened version of icons, when not included it causes them to be green. It's against the rules to not include them, but having a small amount can slide.
- Forward bases should not be in player 1's control until they reach it.
- Rita should also be a hero
- You're map is single player, why not add a few more decorations :)
Consider these doodads: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?d=list&r=20&c=23&t=6 http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?c=11&t=6&r=20&d=list&page=2

[More coming later]

Last edited:
Level 6
I've played the map until I'm stuck at the top left region. I made it to the non-clickable Helicopter, what do I do now? I do think it's a nice improvement :D

I also have a list of suggestions and tips.
- Include DISBTNs. At least have most, especially the most important ones. DISBTNs are the darkened version of icons, when not included it causes them to be green. It's against the rules to not include them, but having a small amount can slide.
- Forward bases should not be in player 1's control until they reach it.
- Rita should also be a hero
- You're map is single player, why not add a few more decorations :)
Consider these filters: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?d=list&r=20&c=23&t=6 http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?c=11&t=6&r=20&d=list&page=2

[More coming later]

i agree with this 100% also you shound add annoucements telling us the objectives like messages with rita's name like Rita: we must hold the house intill the helicoper

- Rita has this Worker Classification, which makes her utterly useless disables her auto-acquiring targets.
- Things all over the map are very bleak such as teleportation points. I suggest adding some kind of mark or portal to assure the player that they do exist.
- Gold is very scarce for very powerful opponents. Supplies and lootables come in mid-game where you've already gone past 36k-hp opponents. (I cheated, yes)

- the first mission (part one) bugs, it appeared 2 times in Quest Log, applies to Part Two, and Three as well (perhaps Four and the rest also)
- Health Pack and Battery items are missing BTN icons, making them green in-game
- Camouflage and Sprint are based on Wind Walk, this causes them to collide with each other
- the Part Three doesn't have a timer window or anything that shows the current fueling status

Stopped on the refueling since I'm confused there.

Level 10
- the first mission (part one) bugs, it appeared 2 times in Quest Log, applies to Part Two, and Three as well (perhaps Four and the rest also)
- Health Pack and Battery items are missing BTN icons, making them green in-game
- Camouflage and Sprint are based on Wind Walk, this causes them to collide with each other
- the Part Three doesn't have a timer window or anything that shows the current fueling status

Stopped on the refueling since I'm confused there.
I should have fixed your problems as well as Mythics.

Level 6
Picking the ability: should be in the same line as "learn" the ability.
change a bit the typo. the colours, and organize them in "level order"
you can use some basics colours like yellow for the Keyboard or the description.

Text: (Spell Name)|cffffcc00(Q)|r
Text extended: Blablablablabla n||cffffcc00(Cooldown)|r
try this !

units. I picked 14 snipers at the beginning. The have a good range but no sight.
So pretty useless actualy especially against those ranged aliens. My heroes died too fast.
I think you should reduce the number of units, increase their hp and balance their damages.
Also reduce the amount of gold you start with. There is no place for micro when you start with 2 units groups.

This should be fixed absolutely
. allow more micro than just a total war where the heroes level up every 3 seconds.

The teleportation should be a portal instead. it's here, use it :p
Set the camera on your heros when he is being teleported.

Otherwise pretty nice models. The terrain is looking good. and the IA seems pretty well triggerered.
keep going ! I can test it again once you fixed those first problems !

Status
Not open for further replies.