• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

blood rain. by: akoshun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
(Previously posted in ideas section!)
First of all, I just want an opinion, I don't want to look for a crew to make it come true! It's a really simple idea, I can make it too.

So let's start with a story:
~Not based on historical events!! Takes reference: Jack the ripper (1888)

STORY
United Kingdom - october, 1928
It's a really rainy day. It just won't stop, it has been raining since the last Monday. Andrew Wilson, the forensic of the British Police Department (BPD ingame) (the hero under our control) really fed up with the recent news. His chief told him to look after a serial killer's latest murder. Andrew didn't really liked it...

GAMEPLAY
The gameplay is really simple. Not about action, fighting, but scenes may include some shooting, since our hero is the part of a Police Department. The main gameplay is about to find out who is the serial-killer. He could leave letters, and he can walk on the streets. If you want to arrest him, you can scout for him in the pubs, on the streets, anywhere. If you want to follow his game, to make it easier, just follow them. It's really your choice.
The WHOLE UK will be exploreable (Uncluding the Republic of Ireland). Most towns and cities will appear in the map, and I plan to make the most of them important. It will take a really long time, but be patient!

MAIN QUEST
The main quest is simple: Find out who is the serial killer! It can be really anyone!

CONCEPTION
That is the most interesting part. Let's start with the skins.
First concept:
The main idea is a Black and White scenery. So only grayscale colors.
Second concept:
Everything is black and white and RED. That option would make the game easier. For example red buildings are more important, and you can interact with them, like the Police Department. Or important people's suit/clothes could contain red color too.
Third concept:
This idea is more like the game "Saboteur". I mean the United Kingdom is all Black and White (or maybe red), and the Republic of Ireland is colorful.

I personally prefer the option 2, but you can say your opinions. Thank you, and I hope you'll like, and you'll play it.

WHAT'S NEWS?
1. update:
the (flat) template of The United Kingdom and The Republic of Ireland is done. What to come? Reskin the tiles. Everything is grayscale, and red. Of course only buildings, people and blood are red. Not everything.​
2. update:
yes... so soon. I had a small issue, so I think everything is gone. Not so much, but I spent some times with the terrain... so that f***ed up my day. But, nothing is lost, so I have to remake it. And now I learned: ALWAYS save on a different file.​
3. update:
Files are restored, and many things is now on it's place. Next step: London and the Thames. I try to remake it, but it will be almost impossible, I know it right. But what I plan is a realistc and awesome map. So, late 1920's London.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.