• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Role Playing Game] Blood Rain Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
BloodRainIslandtext.png

W2.png
elcome to Blood Rain Island! A New ORPG.

TheStorySoFartext4.png

You climb aboard the luxury transport ship that is about to set sail for fun and adventure, unbeknownst of the event that will change your life forever.

As you sail ahead over the clear waters you notice some clouds in the distance, you know a storm is heading towards you. You batten down the hatches and prepare your ship for a mild storm, however the storm that approaches is FAR from mild.

First comes the rain, which comes down like bullets hailing from the sky, and next the winds that cause twisters and typhoons across the sea. You hold on for your dear life as the storm rips apart you ship as if it were paper. In the confusion of the storm you do not see the mast snap and fall towards you. It hits your head with a clunk, and then all you can see is darkness.

A few days later you awake on the shore of an unknown Island. The skies are beat red, and the water surrounding the island has been dyed red from the blood of many battles.

You think to yourself: "What kind of hellish place have I drifted to?"
You notice some smoke, and a group of figures in the distance.
You do not get an answer to your question, however you now know why the seas are blood red and you can tell that your stay here will be nothing close to comfortable.

The horde of evil beings run towards you and in a flash your life was ended.

But almost like a ray of hope, some magic seems to be at work on this Island.
Your soul has reverted to its unborn state, along with other travelers who suffered the same fate as you.

You have so many questions and no answers, maybe some kind of trainer of souls can help you find the answers you are looking for.

Gameplay.png

For 1-9 Players.
It will play like most ORPGs but with my own twist on things.
The camera will be top down like normal Warcraft 3 with the option to toggle a locked following camera.
The map will mainly be story driven with added voice acting.

More info to come.

Quests.png

BRI will be highly quest driven, with the option to pure grind.
I will try my best to keep quests fun, unique and non repetitive. (none of this collect 20 of this then collect 20 of that then kill 10 of these, over and over)
Most quests will also further the story, as this ORPG will have rich story content.

PlannedFeatures.png

-Equipment and Inventory System (Including custom GUI)
-Enhanced life/mana bars
-Custom Gear (including a grading system Common, Uncommon, Rare, Legendary)
-Fusion, Crafting, Gems & Socketing
-Equip-able weapons & shields (and possibly armor/helmet) on models
-Save/Load codes that write to a text file for easy use
-Single Player can be used and cheats can be used but you can not load a single player code in multiplayer.
-Custom Hero Creation (Choose the model, then primary stat, dice roll for the stats/hp/mp, then choose your skills) (Later, I would love to get a system similar to the one in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/argos-rise-elements-orpg-163173/ )
-Currently there are spots for 42 different heroes. (I know its an odd number but thats what it is xD)
-Bosses, Minibosses, Elite Mobs
-Minigames
-Leaderboards
-Dungeons

Some things may be added/removed as the map progresses, I will update this list at that time.

Credits.png

Models & Icons
-Grendel (Most models are by -Grendel)
Kwaliti
Callahan
dickxunder
WhiteDeath
Norinrad

Special Thanks
Apheraz Lucent for http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...79/abilities-purchases-upgrades-items-205576/ (It gave me a good start with my skill shops)
Arhowk for helping with a few questions I had
Anvil for helping with a question I had
gorillabull for helping with a question I had
sonkan1 and Diablo-dk for http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/mysteries-spellbook-33039/

RoughWork.png

MapLayout.png

Screenshots.png

Here is some Heroes, and the mini-map shows some of the Island I have built.
Marvel at my horrid terraining skills xD
WC3ScrnShot_120412_200805_01.jpg

The early stages of the graveyard you will spawn in when you are finished making your hero. (WIP) I still need to add some more dreary effects to this, maybe some fog or something.
WC3ScrnShot_120412_223158_01.jpg

Did a little bit more work on the graveyard...still not getting something of any worth though.
WC3ScrnShot_120512_124529_01.jpg

Videos.png

Coming Soon...

WantToHelp.png

Also see here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/blood-rain-island-226592/
Currently I am working on this project by myself and have been doing fine but any added help is always good.

I am currently looking for people to help with:
-Random Jass/triggers
-Spells
-GUI creation
-Skins/Models/Icons
-Custom Font/Game Interface
-Minor terrain work (Basically prettying things up)
-Fully fledged Terrainer (I just realized I suck horribly at terraining lol)
-Voice Actors
-Map Compression/optimization/protection
-Unit balancing

If you wish to help and are experienced with any of the above then Please PM me.

CurrentProgress1pct.png

#- = Done | #- = Working On | #- = On Hold | #- Planed & Started, but not working on

#- "-repick" command
#- Passives and Auras get added into a spell book, where you can see your auras and passives, so you have more room for actives.
#- Hero Models Chosen 10/42
#- Skill Shops
#- Custom Hero Stats
#- Camera Height commands
#- Terraining

Last edited:
Level 14
This looks interesting, I'll have to keep checking it out. Hopefully you'll have some screenshots soon.

I always like an interesting story with a lot of mystery, so far your teaser has me intrigued. Keep it up.

Level 3
Added a screenshot of the work I completed today. I am done for the night, hopefully I can post up something nicer tomorrow.

(My terraining still stinks though xD)

Level 13
Wow, that terrain is uhhmm, terrible, I hope you can get a decent terrainer since this one looks very interesting.

hahaha Don't make him feel bad though, im bad at terraining to but if we do our best maybe the result would be okay

@aka Gambit Yeah sonofjay is right but im not saying the terrain is bad :)

Level 3
It is really bad I know :( I suck horribly at terraining lol, I am trying to get someone who is better at it to help, I am good at coding things and visualizing what I want it to look like...but not AT ALL good at actually making it look like the images in my head LOL

I already made a topic in the recruitment thread, as soon as I get a good terrainer then it should start looking less....like crap lol

Last edited:
Level 4
lol jay, you're so mean :D *jk* anyway gambit, just listen to what he says. he's my master in everything. :) you'll be good, just try to read some tutorials and look some terrain photos. after that, use your imagination and UTM. im sure you'll be better in no time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.