• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any game made heavily with sound effects and music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi i am thinking of making a game heavily reliant on music and sound effects to help the gameplay.

I am an aspiring music and sound effects composer so I am actually thinking of ideas where I can create a game that allows the user to navigate the world through sound effects.

I dont really like RPGs but it seems like one of the only solution. :vw_wtf:

It might be a mobile phone game or a warcraft game i'll see how it goes

Reactions: pyf
Level 5
Yes i can do sound effects and compose various types of music, i just dont want it to be rpg or a puzzle game. Ive been thinking for awhile but i cant come up with any real solution. The game might be totally black (visualless) or might rely heavily on audio, this might cater to blind people. A game that they can actually play and be really good at. I'll probably use audio clues like reverb, panning and high pitch and low pitch frequencies to tell the player whether the object is far away or near and at which side (left or ride)

Reverb would probably be heavily used to map a visual space to the user but thats easier said then done.

Status
Not open for further replies.