• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Melee] We need YOUR help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Howdy Hive, my name is Chris, some of you may know me from Diplo.

We're currently having a 1 vs 1 melee tourney, and its going great! However, for the last round I wanted to have a truly unique map that nobody will have seen, ever.

It needs to be a balanced, 1 vs 1, style melee map, and I would love your help in making it. No triggers, no story, no cinematic, just a simple melee map that is new in appeal.

We can't offer you any money, but we can offer you the fact that if chosen, you'll map will be casted by a couple of well known Youtube people - and you'll have the enjoyment of surprising some pretty enthusiastic melee players.

Please reply to this thread, or reach me on www.diplomunion.com with your ideas. Timeframe might be a bit sketchy, but lets shoot for a completely finished map in 2 weeks time.

Look forward to seeing what you can come up with!

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Could you please be more specific ?

What does the idea / the map has to have that other 1 vs 1 maps that already exist cannot offer ?

If I understand right, the map will be made new, so it shall be unseen and 'unique', right ?
But these are all requirements ?

Level 4
he just wants map that is 1v1 no edits just terrain but cniper is ok with some change in mercenary camps? and some change in models?

Here is (2) Hard 1v1

Attachments

• (2) Hard 1v1.w3x
    70.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Level 5
Could you please be more specific ?

What does the idea / the map has to have that other 1 vs 1 maps that already exist cannot offer ?

If I understand right, the map will be made new, so it shall be unseen and 'unique', right ?
But these are all requirements ?

I don't know how I could be more specific good sir!

I would like a custom melee map that has not been seen before, but that still is relatively balanced for a 1 vs 1 fight! Let your imagination soar and give me any ideas you have! Could be space themed ground, could be custom lolipop trees, could be a medieval dungeon, its up to you! As long as nothing fundamentally ladder is changed about the map, and creeps are placed so balance is possible, it will be good!

Level 5
he just wants map that is 1v1 no edits just terrain but cniper is ok with some change in mercenary camps? and some change in models?

Here is (2) Hard 1v1

Yeah, no ladder units should be effected. You changed the footmen model which is the one thing I did notice, and also the creeps are really difficult. I like the idea but it doesn't really allow for balanced play when on fighting the other person, you have a lvl 10 hero already.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Ah, I understand. So, no change to creep and unit values but using a never seen environment.

Is it allowed to use custom models for creep groups ( without changing the values of it, just replacing the model) ?

I have an idea, but depending on dead line I might not be able to create it in short time.
My idea is something like ruins, a ruined or decaying one, reminding of a castle or ancient ruins in an uniform castle style.
Basically a ruined environment, inspired by LOTR and Gondor ( Osgiliath e.g.), if you know about it.
What about dead line, when would it have to be finished ?

Level 4
Yeah, no ladder units should be effected. You changed the footmen model which is the one thing I did notice, and also the creeps are really difficult. I like the idea but it doesn't really allow for balanced play when on fighting the other person, you have a lvl 10 hero already.

only model is change no change in stats I also try to edit that creep because is very hard I know. item drop is now change

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/2-hard-1v1-266644/ I change neutrals now some are campaign but still creep

Last edited:
Level 5
Ah, I understand. So, no change to creep and unit values but using a never seen environment.

Is it allowed to use custom models for creep groups ( without changing the values of it, just replacing the model) ?

I have an idea, but depending on dead line I might not be able to create it in short time.
My idea is something like ruins, a ruined or decaying one, reminding of a castle or ancient ruins in an uniform castle style.
Basically a ruined environment, inspired by LOTR and Gondor ( Osgiliath e.g.), if you know about it.
What about dead line, when would it have to be finished ?

That sounds really unique and awesome, I am looking forward to seeing it!

Deadline as I said is sketchy, it depends how long it will take us to get to the final round. You should however have quite a bit of time from this post as we are nearing the end of the group stage. Lets say, 2 weeks or so?

If I would recommend, I recommend contacting SonofJay or Ken-E (both are here at THW), these two people are great Melee map makers which creates great terrain with decent balances :)

And thanks, I'll do this now!

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I am not sure, to be honest, whether I can create the map in that short time due to real life issues.

I might start it, but I don't say I am going to finish it right in time.
I am going to tell you in one week whether I can achieve it or not.

Level 5
Made a map, made it unique. I think the players never saw something like this.

Check it out, it's not protected.

That is actually pretty awesome, and well balanced. GJ, if chosen I'll PM whoever's map we're going to use, as well as get a little advice tip from you for the players.

Ken-E, two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.