• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heyho I need feedback please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9

Attachments

• wormconzept3byMasterStryke.jpg
    wormconzept3byMasterStryke.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 400
Level 5
I like your style keep practicing, maybe also some othere pictures? they seem all a bit the same theme like pretty disgusting motives xD with out the cave. But they are nice made. gj so far :)

Level 5
well i guess i prefer the second one but there would be also pretty much possibilities to improve it.
For exampel a slitly more detailed ground and in the midle silhouettes of branchs?

I know its not easy because you want to show the spectator the effect of looking in a pretty darf forest so the middle have to be dark, but i think at the border you could add some silhouettes of branch or something like that or?

The first one is also nice but i know the original one so it looses a bit originality for me or did you wanted just to do something similar with digital art? but also nice

Level 9
well my technique is not very original, but do it like me! i dont think that you can paint a creature like this so...

but you are right, ive not found my real style (for digital stuff)... i hope that i find him soon.

(on paper with pencil i have a really special style and i am extremely fast)

and shoggoth is the name given by hp lovecraft. a pitty that you don't know his stories.

Level 24
Hmm i would suggest you try add some humans forms into your artwork to make it more interesting.
The contrast between black and white makes it more organic aswell as the contrast between red and green.
I see that you also made the image vertically which makes it more exciting.
What i think you could try improve is using the Golden Ratio like this:
golden ration.jpg
The blue lines indicate the use of the golden ratio.
Try place objects of interest into the crosses.

Personally i think you could try sharpen the lines and brush lines in your artwork, i dislike half-blurry lines in digital abstract art.

You could also try make your artworks more symbollic next time.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I like the style, I didn't have time to look at everything on your DA, but I like the Shoggoth concept! Keep it up mate.

Level 12
They're alright, but one thing that gets me, is that anyone can use a computer program or drawing tablet to make something that appeals to people, but not anyone can pick up an actual pencil, paint brush, or pen, and make something look good. You've made some good stuff, but have you ever tried making something with these mentioned tools? People would be able to respect and admire what you've made a whole lot better if you use something other then digital art techniques to create art.

Level 9
Your hijacking the thread Xeno...

Stryke, could you get it in a larger version? kinda hard to give criticism with such a small image.

Linking people to show them my work done with a mouse? Isn't this thread based on this dude getting a tablet?

I disagree with you. I was only showing the author of this thread my work for comparison. Nice accusation, however - please, find something better to do. :)

--

I also agree with Saken on some level. It is much easier on a digital program to erase and select colors on what not, and takes the joy of difficulty used in real life pictures where hundreds of colors are mixed together to get one result. Digital art does save paper, though!

Level 9
exactly, and yeah saken, I work with pencil often and i am not bad with the brush, i think i am better than anybody of my artclass with the brush.. whatever..

sorry for beeing inactive for so long time, but i tought noone will ever post in this thread again...

well, xenostalker,
ive seen your works and you have a pretty good basis, i think in your case it would be really much better to have a tablet!
some other people ask me the same you did, but often they wouldnt be better even if they had a tablet...

back to my artworks, i think noone wants to look through my DA-gallery, but i ve done a few new artworks since the trash-mech.

let's start chronic:

my halloween painting 'Old man's Demon' :

Attachments

• Old_Man__s_Demon_by_MasterStryke.jpg
    Old_Man__s_Demon_by_MasterStryke.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.