• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #12 - Poll

Which skin do you favor over the rest?

• Ike ike's?

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • A.R.'s?

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • FrIkY's?

Votes: 42 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Vote for the skin you think stands out from the others

ike ike's skin

attachment.php

Original post

A.R.'s skin
attachment.php

Original post

FrIkY's skin
attachment.php

Original post

...and this is sick I can post in here now..AHA!

Level 2
First one, love it, looks really good.
Second one, I didn't like it, coz I just don't love it. ;P
tho it looks good, made me think of dragons o_O

Third one got my vote coz it looks simple in coloring, makes my eyes wanna sing. And i love the detailes on it aswell.

Level 26
all 3 skins are made very well.
FrIkY´s ice guy was nice, ut the whole theme isn´t new anymore.
A.R.´s texture was the most creative of all 3 but it looked also a bit random to me.

That´s why I voted for ike_ike´s texture. The theme is creative and it looks wonderful ingame.

Level 34
FrIkY I have links to the original posts below the picture posts...it says original post
Yeah, I know... but you didn't mention any rules and they are highly needed for polls (there are some people that... ahem...), so that's why I think you should use this:

HTML:
[center][b][size="4"]The Hive Workshop[/size][/b]

[b][size="6"]Texturing Contest #12 Poll
[/size][/b]

Welcome to the poll for the latest Texturing Contest Poll. Please read through the rules before voting![/center]
[list][*]Each user can only vote once in the poll.[*]You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.[*]You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.[*]You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.[/list]
[box=Contest Prizes And Winnings][list][*]First Place: 40 reputation points and a special award icon[*]Second Place: 25 reputation points[*]Third Place: 10 reputation points[/list][/box]

[box="Submissions"]
[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1022783-post161.html]ike_ike's Submission[/url]

[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1023662-post174.html]A.R.'s Submission[/url]

[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1024407-post190.html]FrIkY's Submission[/url][/box]
Which would look like this (once you paste it):

The Hive Workshop

Texturing Contest #12 Poll

Welcome to the poll for the latest Texturing Contest Poll. Please read through the rules before voting!
  • Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 40 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points
EDIT: And not much people are gonna look at those "Original Post" link... :p

Level 34
I like the contrast in AR's.

Note: I took the liberty of fixing the threads title. Hope you don't mind END.

Level 14
The lamest part of this contest is that everyone gets a reward because someone thought it was a good idea to reward second and third places as well as first.

I voted for ike. I was going to explain why, but people here don't care.

Level 9
Wonderful submissions this time around guys!
Ive always loved Ike Ike's style, but the skin is lacking in the shading department which makes it rather plain in game.
AR's skin was extremely original, has great contrast and looks pretty good in game.
Friky's skin has great texture and depth, but it lacks contrast and loses some quality because of it in game.
THEREFORE AR gets my vote.
BTW 5/5 to all skins guys. Easily.

@ Rising Dusk: Lots of people participated in earlier contests, and it worked well for those ones.

Level 10
I voted for Ike's skin because I liked it most of the three. It has decent use of team colour, it's an interesting design, and it's fairly crisp.

Second in my eyes would be AR's skin, which is very creative and catches the eye, however the Zerg and Protoss sections (I believe that was the idea) don't really seem to fit together on the wrap and it does almost seem more like a Protoss covered in Zerg armor. Though I do like it.

Personally I'm not fond of FrIkY's skin, partially because of the sections of solid untextured/unshaded team colour on the shoulders and top of the cloak, and also because it looks very VERY blurry in some sections, while other sections are perhaps overly sharp. I'm not saying it's a bad skin, I'm just saying I'm not really a fan of it.

Overall I think it went okay, though it was a shame there weren't more entries. Oh well, hopefully there will be a better turnout next time.

Oh, and one more thing, just wondering why the poll for this one was anonymous? Generally they tend to list voters. The organisers can still see who has voted for what, yes?

Level 18
Final Count..no recounts

Ike ike's? 34 38.20%
A.R.'s? 19 21.35%
FrIkY's? 36 40.45%
Voters: 89.

Voting is closed, the winner is FrIkY!
2ND place is Ike
And 3rd is...what? A.R. in third? Alright...AnemicRoyalty in third
Thanks everyone for participating and such

Next contest soon!

The lamest part of this contest is that everyone gets a reward because someone thought it was a good idea to reward second and third places as well as first.

I voted for ike. I was going to explain why, but people here don't care.

I agree with you. But it's only been in the last two contests that the amounts of participants have dropped so much. I don't think THE_END, the host of this contest, really thought about that though.

Level 14
LTGH said:
He still won with one vote, even if you has one more now.
Correct me if im wrong.
There is no deadline for the poll in the first post and the poll has not actually been closed. By all contest rules (or lack thereof), the more recent votes still count.

Level 34
There is no deadline for the poll in the first post and the poll has not actually been closed. By all contest rules (or lack thereof), the more recent votes still count.
THE_END seems to have set the deadline as the 17th (look under the poll, there's a close date).
Not sure why he said it's already closed.

Level 17
People can vote however they want, we cant do anything about it.
And how can you say that its just becouse of the "fan-boys" even tough he didnt have an original concept since its all ice, it still looks great and its a very well made skin. I voted for him since it looked really nice.
You cant say that someone should win, done is done and we cant choose what people wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.