• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #16 - Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

texturing.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
6.png

cenarius1-300x271.jpg

Nature
Welcome to the texturing competition #16! Your goal in this competition is to choose a wc3 model and skin into something naturey! Be creative! Good Luck!

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the skin submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any texture does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges and/or hosts may participate but cannot win.
  • Your final submission must be bug free.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Model must exist in Warcraft III already.
  • No model edits are allowed.
  • Textures must be no larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 1024 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 512, preferable 256 on equal dimension textures when submitted.

prizes.png

• First Place: 40 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points

judges.png

• Dentothor

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Shading and Highlights
Is the skin shaded? Is the shading and Highlights appropriate? Does the shading fallow a consistent light source? Are metallic regions shaded correctly? Does the skin look 3D when wrapped around a unit and viewed with lightning conditions disabled?/25%

Originality and Creativity
How original is this skin? Is it something new and interesting, or is it to creative? Does the skin have any resemblance to the original, or is it so different you need to tell us what it wraps around? Does the skin have a good underlying concept and idea?/25%

Texture Detail
Is the skin Blurry? How well are the detail created on the skin? Are the patterns, armor, joints and seems in new and innovative places or the same spot as the original skin? How well are the patterns created? How 3-dimensional does the texture make flat portions of the skin appear?/25%

In-Game Dynamics
How well does the skin work in WC3? Does the portrait work with the skin as well? Does the skin fit in with other units or does it stand out in the wrong way?/25%
  • 75% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

entries.png
If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Cursed TrespasserRed Shift
Ancient Nature WardenKazzo
Wood Elf Wardenzadelim
Spore ShamblerGnoobSauce
Nature GuardianJust_Spectating
Sunflower Cannibalsupertoinkx
contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on 3rd January 2010 and conclude on 11:59 PM, 3rd February 2010, GMT

Last edited:
umm i thought you couldnt host and judge at the same time.

You just can't participate while hosting or judging, because that would allow said person to give his or her own entry a higher rating.

WTF changed again.
When you mean by nature do you mean Night elf?

Nature = Trees, Grass, Plants, blah, blah, happy normal not man-made stuff. :D

nature is fire
nature is smoke
nature is water
nature is steam
nature is geysers
nature is poison
nature is gas
nature is lava
nature is snow
nature is ice
nature is grass
nature is clouds
nature is air
nature is coral
nature is wood
nature is oil
nature is storms
nature is tornados
nature is earthquakes
nature is tsunamis
nature is lightning
nature is thunder
nature is fruit
nature is vegetable
nature is bugs
nature is critters
nature is vines
nature is thorns
nature is glaciers
nature is avalanches
nature is moss
nature is algae
nature is bacteria
nature is fog
nature is mist
nature is rain
nature is hail
nature is dust
nature is light
nature is moonlight
nature is flowers
nature is bears
nature is wolves
nature is vultures
nature is eagles
nature is crabs
nature is dolphins
nature is whales
nature is frogs
nature is lizards
nature is pirranahs
nature is sharks
nature is mud
nature is dirt
nature is desert
nature is polar ice caps
nature is swamps
nature is caves
nature is plains
nature is forests
nature is stones
nature is minerals
nature is diamonds
nature is rubies
nature is emeralds
nature is rivers
nature is lakes
nature is waterfalls
nature is oceans
nature is poop
nature is fossils
nature is sleep
nature is death
nature is blood
nature is mountains
nature is gravity
nature is science
nature is physics
nature is atoms
nature is protons
nature is electrons
nature is neutrons
nature is invisible
nature is visible
nature is family

Level 4
Ok, luckily I got some cool idea for this contest, so I might join this one. I´m guessing lava stuff are accepted as nature, right? I would like to hear this from a judge, not from a random user´s list, no offence just_spectating, but I´d like to make sure your post is accurate.

EDIT: @zadelim: concept looks ok, good luck with that model :p

Level 15
Well i'm in and i present my texture is a wip i'm working on this i think this contest is a great oportunity to improve my skills :)
-The ancient Nature warden-

Attachments

• Ancient guardian.JPG
    Ancient guardian.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Wendigo.JPG
    Wendigo.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 125
Ok, luckily I got some cool idea for this contest, so I might join this one. I´m guessing lava stuff are accepted as nature, right? I would like to hear this from a judge, not from a random user´s list, no offence just_spectating, but I´d like to make sure your post is accurate.

EDIT: @zadelim: concept looks ok, good luck with that model :p

yes i belive lava is a part of nature. :p so i will accept it

Red

Red

Level 26
I'll join this... Here's what I've got so far. WIP!

I call him the cursed trespasser. Maybe he was chopping down a tree? Or pissing in the bushes? Either way, the forest spirits cursed him to an eternity as their overgrown minion. I'm expecting piles upon piles of night elf style in this contest so I think I'll shake things up a little with a little darker-styled skin. His arms will hopefully look like roots and his feet will look like uprooted stumps by the time he's done...hopefully.

Based on the Unbroken if you couldn't tell... Red on the shoulders in the right side pic is team color. Again, WIP!

Attachments

• CurseTPasserSkin.JPG
    CurseTPasserSkin.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 165
  • CurseTPasserSS.jpg
    CurseTPasserSS.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.