• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Texturing Contest #16 - Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Red

Level 26
Update if anyone cares... Alpha's a little sloppy and the legs need more work, but hey, it's still WIP and coming along at a good pace.

@ Just_Spectating: The Faceless' UV mapping is laid out very neatly by default, and it can be made to look like just about anything, especially the area under the head, though it's sad it's laid out symmetrically, otherwise I'd REALLY be going ape sh*t on the texture there :p

PS, If anyone's getting pissed off trying to make bark that looks like bark, I feel your pain... :angry:

Attachments

• TrespasserUpdate.jpeg
    TrespasserUpdate.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 181

Red

Red

Level 26
The feedback has helped a ton guys, keep steering me in the right direction!
I've reworked the arms and legs to make them look more uniform and (hopefully) a little more like bark. Also added armor on to his abdomen and thighs.
Watcha think?

@Communist_Orc: lol I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted something like that... :p

Attachments

• TrespasserUpdate2.jpeg
    TrespasserUpdate2.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 276
Level 5
Wipzorz :D
(Its going to be a nature dragon... i hope :p) Im quite new at digital arts
so its not that good looking (Yet...)
NatureDragonWIP.jpeg

Level 15
Finally i fixed those white spots on the wrap. also i improved the skin added plants to the wood parts i'm thinking in remove some grass parts and changue it to wood+plants will try it :)

Attachments

• Wendigo.JPG
    Wendigo.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Keeper 2.0.JPG
    Keeper 2.0.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 135

Red

Red

Level 26
If Kazz does it right, his skin can look completely different from the jungle stalkers. Those things are basically wendigos wearing camouflage... Already you can see he's made the face start to look like wood and the rest of the body look leafy. Give him a chance :p

Red

Red

Level 26
On the contrary Zade, I have nothing but respect for anyone brave enough to put their personal work out for everyone to see. It doesn't matter how your art compares to anyone else's, the fact is that you had the guts to display it here!

Keep kicking ass on that skin! There's still almost a whole month of this competition to go, and I'd be very surprised if someone new doesn't show up and upstage us all :p

Level 15
Zadelim,i like your skin and sorry for no comments but you are more skilled in skinning than me and i need somebody comment's to know what to changue or what 2 add.but seriusly your skin look's amazing you changued completly the wrap and for me that's a great job :)

Red

Red

Level 26
Zade, looking at your most recent skin, I really like what you're trying to do with the wing/cape part, that will look awesome once you get the UV wrapping to cooperate.

I'd like to see you rework the face in some way. I think that once you do that, your skin will really distinguish itself.

Dentothor, will you make the firelord's horns into a stag helm? If so, you should inform Traxamillion :p

Last edited:

Red

Red

Level 26
Not a bad start, Revolve. Keep in mind that you are facing a challenge similar to Kazzo- Whereas he's going to have to avoid making a complete remake of the Jungle Stalker, you're going to have to be careful that your skin doesn't just become a Rock Golem with horns.

Though I do really like that rock texture... Keep at it!

Level 16
Zade, looking at your most recent skin, I really like what you're trying to do with the wing/cape part, that will look awesome once you get the UV wrapping to cooperate.

I'd like to see you rework the face in some way. I think that once you do that, your skin will really distinguish itself.
Thanks for replied. I still need it to show more her skin at the model. :D

EDIT:
Zadelim,i like your skin and sorry for no comments but you are more skilled in skinning than me and i need somebody comment's to know what to changue or what 2 add.but seriusly your skin look's amazing you changued completly the wrap and for me that's a great job :)

Ok, never mind for that. I know you also make your skin like mine skin. Keep going to make. Judge waiting for us. :D

Level 15
Not a bad start, Revolve. Keep in mind that you are facing a challenge similar to Kazzo- Whereas he's going to have to avoid making a complete remake of the Jungle Stalker, you're going to have to be careful that your skin doesn't just become a Rock Golem with horns.

Though I do really like that rock texture... Keep at it!

Thank you :)
I am not really worried about that tbh, I'm aiming to just let the helmet and the shoulders be of stone, perhaps something more, but most of the body will be of wood. I will do my very best to keep variation, and not really so symmetrical.
And I'll defo make sure ti doesn't look like a Blizzzard-already-made-skin :)

Edit: Btw, the horns are supposed to look a bit like ivory. I don't know what else I should do with the horns, anyone got some suggestions?

Level 23
I'm not sure if my idea for the contest is acceptable to call nature, but I hope so: I'm planning to skin a Na'vi from Avatar, because I think these indiginenous humanoids are really one with their nature and are the keepers of the nature, maybe they are the nature itself as they are Pandora in the movie. So that's my idea.
My question is, would it be accepted as a skin for the contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.