• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Uploading resources show replaced files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I have a really annoying issue:

Some time ago I replaced most of my files, like pictures, skins, icons and other Warcraft stuff and united them in one folder. But now, if I want to upload stuff, it shows me all files, the moved ones and the original ones. So I have a tons of duplicated folders I don't even need. They are not shown if open my directory, just if I want to upload something on Hive.

I hope you got what I mean and that you can help me solving this annoying issue.
How do I get ride of the original dummy-like folders ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

No, the files are self-made folders in the pictures section and they contain all kind of files: blp, tga, bmp, png, jpg, ...

Basically, I moved a lot of these folders into a new one, but the old versions/folders are still shown when I want to upload something to Hive, making my picture section look messy and confusing.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, yes, I think that's what I mean, tho not in the Desktop, but in the explorer, like the library ( I don't know the exact terms, I am sorry).

I have the default folder 'Pictures'. There are many sub-folders. All sub-folders are moved into one sub-folder called 'Warcraft'. But, when uploading something, all old folders are shown as if I didn't move them, not only the new 'Warcraft'.

EDIT: I added screens, so now it should be clear. The first one is how it is supposed to look and the second one shows how it looks when uploading something to Hive. Most files in the second screen were moved into the 'Warcraft' folder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, I did as you suggested and most folders disappeared after I deleted them. Tho, some 're-create' themselves after I delete them...
The original files seem not to be affected. Strangely, the deleted folders do not appear in the bin.

Nonetheless, most are deleted and it looks much more clean now, thank you :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I doubt it. I am no expert, but I think it has to do with relocation and path or similar.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Enable hidden files and system files in View menu of Folder Options (from Control Panel). It is possible that instead of deleting the folders it hides them.

Hm, you mean in my default 'Edit Folders', not in Hive's 'Edit Folders', I guess.
I can remember enabling hidden folders for certain reasons and sadly I have to keep it. Guess the deletion is the only way to clean it up.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.