• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Editing "*.slk" files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
im sure im on the wrong part of forum, but since i cant make a post on "tutorials" im trying here.
well im making some changes on slk files, especialy UnitAbilities.slk, unitUI.slk and UnitBalance.slk.
i've notice that exist 4 big folders:
Custom_V0\
Custom_V1\
Melee\
Units\
these folders contain the same files (UnitBalance.slk, etc..)
what i want to know its where i can found a dicussion about changes in these files. I'm making good progressinons, i've found cool things, like ease change in models/sounds of the units (ex: change the paladin graphics/sound to cript lord) and changing/adding skills of the heroes, habilities of units (ex: puitng the cript lord skills on paladin)
but some changes dont have effect such chage stats in campaing units (maybe its because the map was already make, before my changes?).
until now i've worked only in files inside "units" folder. maybe for the campaings i should change other folder? ill keep trying, but any help in that will be precious.
i'll also try to use the 'redirect-txt' in a shortcut, if it works, will be easer make some mods, since wont change the "MPQ" files directly.
moderator, if i've post on the wrong forum, please move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.