• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost Temple. No Imports!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
A once so glorious temple, is doomed to forever sink into the tides of oblivion.
No Imports!!!

Attachments

• LostTemple1.jpg
    LostTemple1.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 237
  • LostTemple2.jpg
    LostTemple2.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 268
  • LostTemple3.jpg
    LostTemple3.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 307
  • LostTemple4.jpg
    LostTemple4.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 258
Level 36
This is good work. But, if you add fog, it will look that much better. And if this is a playable terrain, then it is even better, but still, good work. Cant really point out anything else than the fog that is wrong, except, maybe the waterfall-river-thing should have some rocks on the sides of it, so it wouldnt look so... out of place. <.<

Level 34
I thought you give constructive criticsm mr. moderator, but I may be wrong.

Looks very good, + rep for the good work. Add fog and it will be perfect, very thin green maybe :D.
After a year of giving helpful criticism, I think I'm entitled to comments like that. Also it was constructive, I let him know that the arch buildings have been used too much.

Level 36
Too many arches. I think it looks better when people try to make use of the other doodads that aren't arches or columns ;)

However, for once in a long time, the rockspam actually looks decent!

You need more fog on your screens...

Actually, his fog is very realistic. There isn't always fog in everything, you know. Look outside your window on a sunny day and you won't see much fog!

Here is an example of realistic fog on a somewhat sunny day, I picked this image because it shows the fog at 3 levels, foreground, midground and background. Since his terrain in this is mainly foreground and a bit of midground, it all looks fine to me.

high%20mountain%20vista.jpg

Level 34
Too many arches. I think it looks better when people try to make use of the other doodads that aren't arches or columns ;)

However, for once in a long time, the rockspam actually looks decent!

Actually, his fog is very realistic. There isn't always fog in everything, you know. Look outside your window on a sunny day and you won't see much fog!

Here is an example of realistic fog on a somewhat sunny day, I picked this image because it shows the fog at 3 levels, foreground, midground and background. Since his terrain in this is mainly foreground and a bit of midground, it all looks fine to me.

high%20mountain%20vista.jpg
This is very true, but you could argue that with wc3, fog and over the top lighting just looks better. It Even makes the models look better by hiding the poor textures.

Level 28
Yes Void you're right. The fog is ok. I think that I was thinking about something like background, or depth, but I wrote fog... Anyway, don't consider what I said, Thrikodius!

@Gilles: You're right too, sometimes I use fog to hide shitty skins, but I don't think it may apply for this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.