• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My first Post:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

NvK

NvK

Level 2
Hey guys this is my first terrain so pls be gentle:p
It shows the white's knight haven

Attachments

• White Knight's haven.JPG
    White Knight's haven.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 262

NvK

NvK

Level 2
well i realise that its not rly good but instead of saying nothing good about this u could tell me whats wrong with it so i can fix it. Anyway any opinion is appreciated

Level 24
Well... We can see the end of the world, sky has some strange dimensional rip, the trees you used are fugly, nothing really blends with eachothers, waterfalls starts from the oblivion... I could keep going, but I guess you get the idea

Level 34
I'm going to be brutally honest here, it looks like someone took a shit on the World Editor. It's just random stuff thrown together.

The plants and trees don't even match, you used fall trees with summer looking plants and nice green grass. You used the worst tileset known to mankind, and didn't use any tile variation.

Blizzard cliffs are ugly to start with, and you managed to take that to a whole new level. They look awful. I think you thought the statue and footman were cool looking so dropped them in there too.

I have no idea what that huge black spire is, but it's ugly. You made this at the edge of the map and therefore anything behind your waterfall is going to be black. Your terrain ends after the waterfall. You always should give the illusion that the terrain goes on. Use fog and mountains to do this. You don't seem to know where the smooth tool is, or don't know how to use it. Everything has really sharp edges and looks so unnatural. You just spammed doodads all around the waterfall, but managed to miss the whole front area!

I guess one good thing is you weren't afraid to use doodads. And the waterall itself isn't too bad.

Well you said any opinion. This is probably the worst critique I've ever dished out. Not sure why I took it out on you, because this isn't the worst I've seen.

Level 34
It's not THAT bad... for a first, but you might want to fix some of the obvious fuckups like the sky, and the end of the map. The whole thing looks incomplete.
I don't give any leniency to "this is my first terrain, go easy plox".

PS. You passed me in gems you bastard! :p

NvK

NvK

Level 2
Traxamillion perhaps u can make smthin better than this shit...if u can i would like to see it

NvK

NvK

Level 2
yuh seriously...u werent harsh u were saying ur opinion...but can u make smthin better? just out of couriosity

Status
Not open for further replies.