• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My First Terrain =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My First Terrain =] *UPDATED*

Hey guys! Here is my very first terrain
It is supposed to be a small island in the middle of fall.

EDITED: New terrain added, i personally think its better than the first one :)

Attachments

• Unavngivet1.JPG
    Unavngivet1.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Unavngivet.JPG
    Unavngivet.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Level 24
I'd say it's too much zoomed in, and the angle is quite disturbing. The spam of enviromental doodads near where the river starts/ends is quite ugly as well. Work some more on angle etc. and add some more doodads fix spam of river doodads.

Hmm, the 2 only things keeping the trail terrain from being as good as it can be are the black bits in the background and a fog. I'd try around a brown (128 - 64 - 0) to light blue (155 - 155 - 200). Otherwise, really nice and simple.
Oh, and also: Try to keep one seasonal tileset. In this, I'd suggest Fall, so replace the green grass with the orangey-brown one and tint the shrubs & flowers to an orangey colour.

Level 3
I dont really get those pictures, the second picture is alright would be better if you zoom out abit so you dont see the pixels.

Level 5
not bad ! I like the 2nd one , seems to be a modern trail for people climbing up a mountains ... not bad for first timer !!! improve and edit it !!! Dunt give up !!!

Level 18
this is good for a first time.

because most first timerz use blizz cliffs :/ gaah

but this is good. you can improve by getting better camera angles. i suggest placing a camera on the ground, then adjusting the height offset to the height of the mountain, then fix the rotation to show some envirnment in the background.

you should also add fog and sky.
and dont forget to alwayz make some sort of hill near the end of the world " the far clipping" so that your terrain doesn't look like a chess board.

Status
Not open for further replies.