• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Okay, i decided to start terraining myself.
I won't be creating dozens of threads, I will just upload pictures to this thread when I make new ones.
I will be usually adding images daily. So remember to come back here from time to time.
Remember that constructive criticism is highly apriciated.

Name: The Lost Soul
Creator: Me
Time: 15 - 20 min.
Description:
This is a result of Keiji's little competition, in thread 'The Picture'.
It was entry for the second picture, but it failed to win because of
skillful competition. Anyway, I think it isn't that bad, but I uploaded it
here for you to decide.

The Soul Sanctuary.gif

Name: Spirits
Time: 25 - 35 min.
Description:
One simple screenshot from inside the cathedral, during some feast.
For some reason only one man is pressent, hmm...

The Spirit Within.jpg

Name: Cloud Guitarist
Time: 10 - 15 min.
Description:
A guitarist in a twisted dimension.

Cloud Guitarist.jpg

Name: The weeping sky
Time: 90 - 95 min.
Description:
"Just the moment behind the night,
While the heavens weep,
A dreadful beast set his sight,
Across fortress that is asleep."

Another picture for Keijis competition, this one turned out pretty well, and won!!!
You may notice that my images from Keiji's competition are better than the rest of these. This is because I am more motivated, rather than do some images for no specific reason.

The Fortress.gif

Name: Gates of Dust
Time: 25 - 35 min.
Description:
This is a part from my new map, The Blood. Yes, i know there is a black barrel in the background, but I was too lazy to fix it. Anyway, enjoy!

Orc Fortress.jpg

Name: Rain Dragon
Time: 60 - 65 min.
Description:
Here it comes, a new screenshot, probably only one I will make today. This one is outside the ancient home of blue dragons called "Rain Dragon".

Rain Dragon.jpg

Name: Quiet Song
Time: 20 - 25 min.
Description:
Very quick picture. I had completly different idea when I started
making this, but hell it failed, and this came up. Anyway, enjoy!

Quiet Song.jpg

Name: Guardian Of The Forest
Time: 25 - 39 min.
Description:
"Deep within the heart of the nature, hidden behind the vines, an empty soul of stone, quietly cries."
This is another picture for Keiji's competition, about Guardian of the Forest how is so sad for no reason. I made two versions,
hope you like them!

Guardian of The Forest 1.jpg Guardian of The Forest 2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
Your first picture isn't to bad. I thought it was a 6.5/10 in the contest...

The second picture I like alot, except I felt sad about having this huge feast, and no one comes. That would make we wanna cry. :cry:

Lol the third picture... simple but creative.

The 4th picture's fortress looks cool. But where that unit stands on the rocks looks weird, plus I just can't seem to grab on hold of the doodads. I feel like my eyes are averting that part.

For the last picture with the orcs whatever, I didn't notice the black barrel till you said it.

Last edited:
Level 7
Thanks for review Keiji and all others.
I posted eight reply for the following reason:
Lot's of people came here, and only very few of them left a comment. I need more comments on my pictures to see what you like in them. And if one of them is bad I need to know why so I can improve my future ones. That's all.

Level 10
I like the garden, but the models for the grass things arent to good. I never liked them, but still interesting.

The 2nd one I love, except that the *outer* doodads, surrounding the piano should be darker, and add a few broken stuff on the floor, or barely nothing at all. Whats the dead tree for? o_O

Level 7
Thanks Saber & Ninja, I know those hedges aren't very nice, but garden mazes are ususaly made with squared hedges, and those vere the only sqared - hedge models I could find. As for the dead trees, I placed them there to make the picture itself seem more "quiet" if you know what I mean. I will update version of Quiet song with broken stuff, and darker archways in next half hour.

Just Spectacing, can you point out what you don't like on my terrains, simple: "I don't like it" doesn't help me at all. Please state your opinion on what is wrong on my terrains so I can improve it. I am not making this for me to like it, I am making it for you guys to like it!

EDIT: Sorry, can't update the quiet song, forgot that I have deleted the map that terrain was made in.

Last edited:
Level 36
The new pic is extremely good for being so simple as it is. Though I am personally not a fan of "neverending-gloomy-scene" terrain, though I havnt seen many of them before <.<
I can see that this is nice wether I personally dont like the theme or not :p

Level 11
My rate:
Eyecandy: 9/10 (not many units)
Detail: 9/10
Originality: 9/10 (piano and church were good)
Fitting: 4/10 (this terrain to be used in some mission)
Comment: your terrains are a bit too magical. They wouldn't fit any warcraft mission, but only cinematics.

That's how I rate.

Level 7
Thanks for all positive comments Keiji!

Thanks for review kkots, but yeah, most of my terrains are "magical", but that is exactly how I wanted it to be, I never tough for them to fit in a playable map, I wan't to give each and every one of them a story, that everyone can read their own way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.