• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I will keep the winners and their pics updated here in this post.

Winners are:

First Pic: X.e.r.e.X!

Second Pic: Frostwhisper!

Third Pic: -SpiritHunter-!

Fourth Pic: Sabertooth!

Fift Pic: Ehm.. Keiji, I wasnt judging! (seriously, it WASNT me... <.< )

Remember... This is... THE PICTURE!!!

Attachments

• The Picture Winner.jpg
    The Picture Winner.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 920
  • frostwhisper.jpg
    frostwhisper.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 841
  • spirithunter.jpg
    spirithunter.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 761
  • winner of fourth pic.jpg
    winner of fourth pic.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 701
  • Mr WINNER.jpg
    Mr WINNER.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 667
Last edited:
Level 10
I tried my best, even though I'm a horrible terrainer.

EDIT: Re-Uploaded the picture. Not much any better though, I think Void will win though!

A human fleet slips undetected due to the absense of a lazy watcher.

Attachments

• The Picture.jpg
    The Picture.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Level 10
Well be nice If I knew how to set the camera angle back to the position he wanted... I had to keep changing the angle to set the doodads/units correctly...

Edit: You should add a bit more variation types to work with. Because I'm not to good with Barrens, and the Camera Angle with the heigh elevation is a bit hard to work with.

Level 36
haha, some great once here i really have to say! :D
And there is much variation, thats nice ^^

And BTW Ninja, you dont work WITH the angle, you see how it looks then go away from the angle place what you want and then enter it again, simple as that, you know, there is something called Camera, and if you dont change that you can allways jump back.

Level 36
Now I'll review the attemts and will soon post up the next picture:

FamousPker49:

- Nice terrain, love the theme, and you got the whole invasion thing to look really realistic, only thin I dont like is the crash between the grass models and the dirt tiles, its just too large of a contrast.

X.e.r.e.X:

- To be totally honest I dont really like the theme, but this is wary well made. And I dont see anything wrong with it, except MAYBE too much of the Fissure model :p

Dakho:

- To be honest, I'm a bit dissapointed, seing your great other terrains. I dont think the black trees nor the white fog fit with the other terrain, and else its nothing more than what I places there. Sorry.

NinjasDontFight:

- Your idea is cool, and all. But, I can see the end of the world, and even though its a sea it looks odd when the clouds touch the seafloor. And the grass model you used dont fit your concept at all, to be honest the grass looks like it glows. o.o

Frostwhisper:

- Its a good start, and could turne out to be the best, but it is FAR to unfinished. The stones are floating and the trees are all facing the same way. And to be honest, I dont dont like the NE druids placement, even though its original..

i_brg_doom:

- Well what can I say as others its a good start, but it is FAR to empty, some might like it, but I dont. All the other things are nice, but the emptyness really destroys it.

I point out the winner to be X.e.r.e.X cause of his none-flawy terrain, even though I dont like the theme it is by far the greatest. ALL HAIL X.E.R.E.X ! :p

Im deaply sorry if I missed someone in my judgement!

Last edited:
Level 36
The Picture 2

So here is the second challange same rules goes for it as for the first:

Things not to change:

- Removal of the doodads allready places.
- Camera Angle.
- Allready made hight settings.

Things to change:

- Add own doddads.
- Add effects and weather.
- Set fog range and distance.
- Add and Edit the Tiles.
- Hight variation wherever except the hill allready made.

THIS TIME ITS THE REAL VERTION OF UTM!!!! :D:D:D

Remember this is: "The Picture" !!!

ONE PIC PER PERSON!

Attachments

• The Picture 2.jpg
    The Picture 2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 175
  • The Picture 2.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Level 10
Nice terrain to work with, but now I feel bad about doing that terrain for some odd reason.

@Dakho - It's ok... But I can't see the catherdral, nor that tree he put up. It's to gloomy... So sad :cry:

Edit: @Keiji - If you plan to do another contest after this one, can you do a close up picture, with a camera angle at a high point, with a diagonal point? Be interesting to make a building, or something.

Last edited:
Level 18
rofl i whas thinking about that to in the first picture to cover som things like the hill itself :p nice ot know that its possible now :p btw here is my screen i had to keep it low because my computer cant handle alot of inport files and many doodads :(

Attachments

• undead church invasion thingy.jpg
    undead church invasion thingy.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 170
Level 7
It's easy to build already started terrain. I think your picture has most potential frostwisper, mostly because it is unique idea, and not just bunch of custom models randomly placed all over the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.