• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Contacting Black_Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
He removed them ALL from wc3sear to my knowledge by himself. AGES ago. =/
He seems to have done the same thing here.

No matter. Those models are HIS intellectual property. If he wants them controlled or available on his site only, it's his prerogative.
Black_Stan deleted the models himself :cry: they're no longer publicly available.

Level 14
ohhh geeee, i guess i have dig up my long losted map from my piles of cds, i have around 10 of his models, you guys want?

He removed them so he must have had a reason to do so and probably doesn't want them floating around again. I means its ok to give to a person who asks but lets show some respect and not just let people freely download them as they wish.

Level 16
Hi Everyone,

Before you guys get all excited, I am not the real Black Stan.
Black Stan is my cousin (I live in Canada) and as most of you have found out that he lives in Taiwan and does not speak English. So he had asked me to help him posting a general reply on his behave.

First of all he wants to thank everyone for the support and that he apologize for the lack of reply via both email and thread posting because he doesn't speak English. He removed all the models on the web site because someone had previously use one of his model for commercial purpose without his consent. Fortunately he was able to resolve that issue without any problem.

He knows that he's got quite a few unfinished models floating around on the internet and he just want to let everyone know that he probably won't have time to finish them because of the increase work load over the last couple months. And he'd appreciate people stop emailing him about those models. As for the ones you guys have, he doesn't care if you guys want to share it, post it, use it, or even edit it. Basically you guys can do whatever you want with the models as long as is not for commercial purpose. He said he created those models for WC3 players anyway.

Thank you for your support everyone - from Black Stan

Level 34
If we can share them, I think I have some on my HD somewhere. I guess there is no way in better proving this is really his cousin than him using his account. Let's hope it's true.

Level 16
Hi everyone,

Before posting the general reply, my cousin and I knew some people are going to have doubt. Quite frankly, there is no way for us to prove what I said is true. I guess posting the reply with his account is the best we can do.

To be honest, is a take it or leave it situation here. If you guys take it then you have Black Stan's model to use, share and upload again. If you think I am pulling a prank here, then just don't use the models and ignore my post.

My cousin just thinks that he owe this to the people in this community and the least he can do is to do a general posting and let everyone know where he stands. The only reason why I am even involved is because the dude doesn't speak English and that's hardly his fault. (well, maybe some, I had told him he needs to start learning English!)

So the choice is yours to make, take it or leave it

Thanks,

Level 32
Ralle and I shall personally coordinate this project.

NO user should submit ANY of Black_Stan's models to The Hive Workshop's resource section.

All such submission will be ignored and the submitters punished. When the administration is satisfied that the situation is well in hand, everyone will be notified. Please bear with us, Thanks.

Level 34
Hi everyone,

Before posting the general reply, my cousin and I knew some people are going to have doubt. Quite frankly, there is no way for us to prove what I said is true. I guess posting the reply with his account is the best we can do.

To be honest, is a take it or leave it situation here. If you guys take it then you have Black Stan's model to use, share and upload again. If you think I am pulling a prank here, then just don't use the models and ignore my post.

My cousin just thinks that he owe this to the people in this community and the least he can do is to do a general posting and let everyone know where he stands. The only reason why I am even involved is because the dude doesn't speak English and that's hardly his fault. (well, maybe some, I had told him he needs to start learning English!)

So the choice is yours to make, take it or leave it

Thanks,
What about Black_Stan uploading his own models? He must still have them.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
He is certianly free to upload them himself if he wants to, but currently I do not think he is thinking of doing that. Thus leave it to Wolverabid and Ralle who will make sure that no confusion or mistakes are made with the models and that they are not double submitted.

Level 16
Hi everyone,

It is quite possible that he might still have the models in his computer. However, as we mentioned in the first post, the dude is pretty tight up with his work now and I would think the chances of him taking the time to upload them is pretty slim. Though I'll shoot him a quick message anyway and see what he says.

Thanks,

Level 31
SuPa-, Black_Stan had beautiful models. Though many would argue otherwise because they had a slight anime flair to them, they were still extrodinary. The meshes performed great, the wraps were perfect, and the skins were wonderful. th only thing lacking was his animation skill, so he used animations from pre-exsisting wc3 models, or modified anims.

He was still one of the great modders, and I respect him highly.

Level 34
TDR anyone? Lets not discuss modelers.. god... I think it is okay if he doesnt want to upload his models, its his right to choose, though community would appreciate it.
Read the posts! "He" has given us permission to upload them. His cousin is using his account to tell us. And Black_Stan my upload them himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.