• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ask the Hive Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
If I wanted to become a staff member how would I go about doing that?

Note: I looked really quickly through the FAQ but I didn't see anything. I know what the site's stance was on this topic in the past, but I'm curious if it's changed at all and I think it's something that users would like to know but are afraid to ask.

I think I read a post stating that they contact you and not the other way around.

Might have been Fladder, but do not quote me on that because I am not sure at all.

Level 19
could we host a map competition to make a hive rpg

a warcraft map about the hive?

posting reviews
posting maps
making models
making threads
maths debating

all that hive stuff

but in the form of a game.

that way we can lan on hive map instead of normal hive... or host special hive meetings in a lan

that would be awesome :-D

Ash

Ash

Level 22
There was actually a THW vs WC3C map created a long time ago. I think I featured as an easteregg. WILLTHEALMIGHTY had a blackhole move that was really OP, and Pyritie summoned yiff-dragons. Even MasterHaosis was on there somewhere. So, in short, for sure I'd be up for doing something like that. It would need proper planning, though.

Level 32

posting reviews
posting maps
making models
making threads
maths debating

all that hive stuff

but in the form of a game.
Contests are pioneered by anyone (unless banned from contests). One doesn't need a staff member to create a contest idea thread; only a staff member to approve it if it follows the rules and guidelines for contests. So yes, someone could host a contest of the sort that you described.

To reiterate what Ash said, there have been others who tried to spring together a, "Hive community map." Afaik, none have worked out great but it's possible. Our friends at Diplomunion.com, BrigandsHaven.net, and more are actually trying to put together a community map featuring members of multiple WC3 communities.
http://diplomunion.com/index.php?threads/the-fight-for-warcraft-iii.21005/

TheLordOfChaos201 said:
that way we can lan on hive map instead of normal hive... or host special hive meetings in a lan

We have funmap events, like the one on the previous Saturday, for this! We may even have alternative get-together-online-WC3 events in the future now that we have a clan. Though the funmap event mixes well with the clan anyway.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/multiplayer-clans-arrangements-726/funmap-evening-event-233026/
Multiplayer, Clans and Arrangements

Roland

R

Roland

Those who abuse their authority will be Demoted or Infracted or Banned..

Level 24
Have we ever actually called the title "3D Modeling Moderator"?
Isn't it supposed to be just Model Moderator...

old.jpg

Roland

R

Roland

If I posted some amount of spam in the something else forum does it count in the post counter? like "Posts: 12,314" + 31 Messages in each threads in Something Else

Roland

R

Roland

It would count as double post if you post twice in one thread but if you post something in one thread then you post something in another thread does it add the amount of it?

Roland

R

Roland

Example: Trolman posts a user in You're Banned Thread and He posts again in What you did today

Last edited by a moderator:

Roland

R

Roland

Thank you for the answer, I was wondering about that cause of the You're Banned Spam Thread.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Thank you for the answer, I was wondering about that cause of the You're Banned Spam Thread.
Yeah, threads like that is a good example of why the posts won't contribute to your post count. They also don't show up when you search for them. The philosophy of SE is that it's completely removed from the rest of the site. It's the hellfire pits of damnation.

Roland

R

Roland

So only the counted posts is included in all forums excluding Off-topic?

Level 6
Excuse me, i have a map, an altered-melee type. Counting the existing factions which are 4, i intent to add 4-5 more factions, results in a total of may be 8 factions. I currently finish one and is trying to add more races which i still haven't had any idea yet. Is it allowed to upload it even if currently it only have one additional race?

Roland

R

Roland

If you received an Infraction to a Staff member, Does it decrease your Reputation points?

Roland

R

Roland

I got 2 Active infractions but I didn't receive any -Reputation points :D Does it depends on the staff member's decision to Infract + -Reputation the user?

Level 21
not necessarily(mine didnt), but they can also give you neg rep with it afaik

Neg rep was too inefficient and could be easily circumvented either by disabling reputation or by gaining rep from multiple users in a short period of time. In addition, it couldn't be archived in any way so it would be forgotten in no time, hence why we no more neg rep to sanction users.

I got 2 Active infractions but I didn't receive any -Reputation points :D Does it depends on the staff member's decision to Infract + -Reputation the user?

Infractions only concern infraction points, not reputation at all.

Nowadays -Rep only used as initial warning. Further than that, they utilize Infraction points.

I'm uncertain, but I recall Infract points max is 3.

No, it is no more used for the reasons I stated above.
By the way, the maximum infraction points used to be 2, not 3. Now they're 10.

I got an infraction worth 0 points that never expires, is that how it's supposed to be?

Yes. You firstly receive a 0-point infraction as a warning and reminder. As edo494 said, it'll remain in your user CP so that you don't forget your mistake and hopefully learn the lesson.
The duration of 0-point infractions does not matter at all. It could last 1 hour, 1 month, 1 year, 10000 centuries or forever and nothing would differ because it has no effect on your infraction points.

I hope this answers all your questions :)

Last edited:

Ash

Ash

Level 22
We are looking into how the infraction system remains after expiration for Hive 2. They will never disappear - they may, however, be moved around a bit so that they're not "in the way" of anything following expiration.

Nowadays -Rep only used as initial warning. Further than that, they utilize Infraction points.

Neg rep is no longer a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.