• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contests: The Drums in the Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
New wip. Added a cool detailed room, started creating the storyline, fixed some bugs... This one is worthy of downloading, trust me :D

I now have to terrain just one more segment, and do the storyline, then some polishing, and I'm done. Hopefully, I will make it.

Btw, I'm okay with the extension, I could use it.

Attachments

• MMCD.w3x
    9 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Okey matija here is ur feedback. Systems are good. Only thing what I do not like is turning left, right. Somehow I need to turn just a little , so soft press left arrow, nothing happens. Hard press he turns too much. Also I think when U turn of sprint and then turn it off mana is still draining.

Btw if u were talking to aerocblactos in ur last post, yea he is near, in Finland of course xD

Thanks, Hammer :D I forgot to change the turning speed... Will do it for the next version... But what about the terrain? Does it look realistic?

Btw, this is it guys. A first BETA from me. Reduced file size from ~10mb to ~6mb. Added more creeps, added some chests and potions, and put in a boss. Boss fight is not coded! That's the only thing left to do, besides polishing. Anyway, I would appreciate feedback now more than ever before :D

Attachments

• MMCD.w3x
    6.1 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Level 4
Thanks, Hammer :D I forgot to change the turning speed... Will do it for the next version... But what about the terrain? Does it look realistic?

Btw, this is it guys. A first BETA from me. Reduced file size from ~10mb to ~6mb. Added more creeps, added some chests and potions, and put in a boss. Boss fight is not coded! That's the only thing left to do, besides polishing. Anyway, I would appreciate feedback now more than ever before :D

I like your map! Its just not a simple Warcraft because it has controls. BTW, can I ask where can I see my life? I died cuz Im not aware of my life...LOL!:thumbs_up:

Good-looking map, here's a +REP! Like your way of terraining. It really looks like a realistic castle. This is good as your Adramalech!

OFF- Topic: You like two steps from hell music? Cuz in your Adramalech you used the music.... To Glory!

Level 23
Final Screenshot.

UW1.jpg

I like your map! Its just not a simple Warcraft because it has controls. BTW, can I ask where can I see my life? I died cuz Im not aware of my life...LOL!:thumbs_up:

Good-looking map, here's a +REP! Like your way of terraining. It really looks like a realistic castle. This is good as your Adramalech!

OFF- Topic: You like two steps from hell music? Cuz in your Adramalech you used the music.... To Glory!

Thanks, bro. In the tutorial, it clearly says 'Open the multiboard' :) It shows both your mana and health. Btw, I tried to make it so that you lose mana quickly, but also replenish it quickly, so it kinda removes any chance of spam.

Level 12
I need about 3 or 4 days to finish last boss, fix some things and add some music.
Edit: changed my mind, cannot finish it in less than 5 days, so lets says 5-6 fays. And I will do my job.

he needs it

oh and when the contest ends, where could i see the final submission, do they post it here, on another thread, or on the map development forum ?

matija97 presents:
Warmage

attachment.php

The Order of the Warmages, commonly known as the Order serves for protecting the human race from any kind of threat. They are an elite groups of magic users focused on combat. As a member of the Order, you are teleporting to the yearly meeting, only to find your fellow Warmages, slaughtered and decapitated in the meeting room. As you go on, you face several skeletal minions, and their leader, a skeletal dragon named Dreadscorch.

Camera - it's always behind you, and rotates with you
Up - walk
Up x2 - run
Down - walk backwards
Down x2 - rotate 180 degrees
Left/Right - rotate
F1 - Attack
F1 x3 - Attack Combo
F2 - Bolt (single target missile)
F3 - Defensive Sphere (greatly reduces damage taken, but you can't move)
F4 - Channel (incerases health and energy regeneration and allows using alternate abilities)
F2 + F4 - Powerbolt (improved version of bolt)
F3 + F4 - Time Sphere (makes a sphere which slows enemies greatly)
F4 + F4 - Morph (transforms into a tiger)
Tiger Mode:
F1 x3 - Attack Combo
F2 - Roar (extreme vesion of bolt)
F3 - Leap (jumps over enemies and obstacles)
F4 - Normal Form

Villager255Animations - Graber
Villager Skin - Mr.Goblin
WoW Models - Blizzard entertainment
Terrain models - Ultimate Terraining Map Creators
Skeleton - Mephestrial
Various effects - Power, RetroSecual, Xazuki, Champara Bros, JetFangInferno, [creator of Chronosphere], Epsilon, etc.

NOTE - if I let someone out, I assure you it was not my intention

Attachments

• LoadingScreen.jpg
    LoadingScreen.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 479
  • Warmage.w3x
    6.6 MB · Views: 140
Level 21
Tunnel Buster

Type: First-Person Dungeon Shooter
Max Players: 1

The disappearance of workers in a local gold mine has led to your recruitment to investigate and exterminate any hostile presence within the tunnels.

• First-Person View
  • Three Different Gameplay Modes
  • Realistic Pistol Aiming & Firing
  • Auto Movement
  • Dark Cavern-Like Atmosphere
  • Variety of Different Enemies & Hectic Situations
  • Triumph (Achievement) System
  • Anti-Lag Measures
All credits are listed in the quest menu (F9) in-game, and so is a list of all triumphs. It's highly suggested that graphic settings are kept on High. For judges or anyone checking the map in the editor, viewing the Pistol unit's model (zDummy) can result in editor crashing. It works fine in-game, but I wasn't able to fix it for the editor.

Attachments

• SS1.png
    SS1.png
    336.8 KB · Views: 180
  • SS2.png
    SS2.png
    273.1 KB · Views: 244
  • SS3.png
    SS3.png
    319.1 KB · Views: 143
  • SS4.png
    SS4.png
    407.2 KB · Views: 146
  • SS5.png
    SS5.png
    281.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Tickles-'Tunnel Buster'-MMC#8.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Alright, everyone, the contest has been extended to the 6th (Saturday).
So anyone who couldn't finish get on it now and those who have submitted their final entry can still edit their submission.
I really don't like interfering with Pharaoh_'s work and this was already extended in the beginning, but oh well, lets hope the next contest will be better off on deadlines.

Level 37
Alright, everyone, the contest has been extended to the 6th (Saturday).
So anyone who couldn't finish get on it now and those who have submitted their final entry can still edit their submission.
I really don't like interfering with Pharaoh_'s work and this was already extended in the beginning, but oh well, lets hope the next contest will be better off on deadlines.
Ok, then it's time to continue.

Thanks.

@Tickles
Ur maps are always original, but somehow to me always something is missing, it is somehow easy so there is no challenge for it, and there are some big pauses beetwin enemy income, and also I would like to arrows work aster for moving; and maybe should be longer.
Sry iff u do not like my feedback, I always do it like shark, only want to help u to upgrade it xD. But map is of course rly cool.

Level 21
Nice, now hopefully a lot more entries will come in.
@Tickles
Ur maps are always original, but somehow to me always something is missing, it is somehow easy so there is no challenge for it, and there are some big pauses beetwin enemy income, and also I would like to arrows work aster for moving; and maybe should be longer.
Sry iff u do not like my feedback, I always do it like shark, only want to help u to upgrade it xD. But map is of course rly cool.
I like that type of criticism. It's constructive and lets me know what needs to be fixed :smile: Now that we have an extension, I can go back and fix those types of things. Thanks for pointing them out.

Last few days I have many problemms with my map. Sometimes I am unable to save map and before version get deleted, sometimes all imported files are deleted or have o kb size and have no what to do with them. So entire day I do one the same thing and always have more then 50 copies of my map.
Ya thats something like epic slowdown xD

Level 21
Always use a Ctrl + S save after importing files. If you go to test your map after importing a file without saving (causing it to auto-save), that's when all the files are stripped to 0kb. But if you accidentally do it again, you can open Maps>Test>WorldEditTestMap to find a properly-saved version of your map.

Level 12
@Tickles

another nice and fun map :thumbs_up:
but as HammerFist132 said, the arrow should be little faster than it's currently is, since it's hard to aim things like lever, lantern, flying enemies,etc,etc. :)

and how do the boss attacks ? when i battled with the boss, i didn't get damaged at all :p

5/5 :thumbs_up:

Level 21
Yeah, I kind of rushed with the boss in the last two days before the September 30th deadline :xxd: The tentacles were supposed to supposed to spawn rapidly when others were attacked (and the boss itself). I'm fixing that up, adding new gameplay modes, and adding settings to adjust turning rates for aiming. Thanks for the feedback!

www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=boq5fz
Hello last wip from me, most things, done DO NOT take items at start, hostiles can drop them. Ps pls pls share thinking, ideas, suggestions, report bugs, errors, crash.
U know heavy done map in 192x192 terrain for one month rly is good enough for some comments xD. If something is to hard/easy pls report that to

Level 12
@HammerFist132

:thumbs_up:Great terrain!
:thumbs_up:Great spells!
:thumbs_up:Nice custom models!
:thumbs_up:Love the boss fight! (harder is always better) :)

something you might want to consider :

1. I'm starting from nowhere, more hints would be better :p

2. After i fought some enemies, i'm forced to fight the boss and resulting in losing all of the lives. I know i have healing spell, but that's not enough :(

3. the mini boss (infernal) dropped an item after i defeated it but i had no chance to pick it up since i'm forced to move to the boss fight.

4. there wasn't any break time at all. :ogre_icwydt: after i fought the first boss (lvl 10), i'd have to fought another boss (lvl 20) when i'm still on the same level when i fought the lvl 10 boss!

5. i could hold as many weapon as i want :p

i know i could do better, but the chance of winning is really small :(
give me more space to breath!

not important things :

- the title of the map : "Duengeon of Chilling Lord"

PS: More creeps, more creeps! i love to spam skills~! :grin:

:ogre_hurrhurr: Key of Power :ogre_hurrhurr:
(i would love a KEY expert!)

really nice map 5/5 :thumbs_up: +rep

Level 21
Why (EXTENDED) for what ??
For... entries? :ogre_haosis: Almost everyone dropped out towards the end of the contest, but now it looks like some are back in due to the extension.
www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=boq5fz
Hello last wip from me, most things, done DO NOT take items at start, hostiles can drop them. Ps pls pls share thinking, ideas, suggestions, report bugs, errors, crash.
U know heavy done map in 192x192 terrain for one month rly is good enough for some comments xD. If something is to hard/easy pls report that to
Well first of all, it looks way too similar to your map from the previous contest. The name, the WoW models (which unnecessarily kill your map's file size), skills, and even most of the terrain in the starting area looks exactly the same. The grammar also still needs a lot of work. An example would be when the first boss talks:

"You have pass long way to die here mortal."

Instead, it could be...

"You have travelled a long way to die here, mortal."

The game is very challenging. Multiple difficulty modes would have made it more player-friendly, although the patterns get easier over time. It would have also been more rewarding to earn skills and level them as your character levels. It seems a lot like an MMORPG style. I love the effects, and the terrain is very wide and epic-feeling. There could be more bulky objects lying around to decorate the terrain like barrels or other destructibles. Item drops seemed to be a bit repetitive, but there's a nice variety of stat bonuses to choose from.

I could see this becoming a really good map with better grammar and other minor fixes. I'm still not really sure what to think about it being directly based on your map from MMC#7.

I told at start to it will base to my MM7 contest. Ya I have to admit to I have been working on that map, but that map was just 0/5% done and almost everything was like very early alpha phase. I think to happytauren have told (correct me if I am wrong) to u can work on older maps if they are just scratch(spelling wrong xD).
About map size. I am rly work hard on reducing itt, so remuving needless animations, reducing skin quality etc.
Btw my Eng sux and it always will xD, so for eng I will probably call my friend.
Btw I like both replays. Thx dude working on improving.

EDIT: Now and I see to my map is too hard. I was always trying to play it with all items at start. Now when I try realy game with our items at start. And to me is hard to beat first boss with out losing any life. Ya I have to balance many many things in my map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.