• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Brain Twisters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
brain twisters. post brain twisters if you want, let's help one another by reducing one another's brain in to a marshmallowylike consistency. the googling of answers is not suggested. :D

Here's Mine:
Party%20Hats.jpg

four guys were abducted and were buried until only their heads were exposed, each of them were given a party hat that either has a color of red or black. They were given a chance to be free, in one condition: one should declare the color of his party hat correctly and they all go free, but if one declares a wrong color all of them will die. The question is: which of them will save them all by saying the correct color of his party hat? justify your answer. btw the brown rectangle is my crappy rendition of a wall (obstructs the first guy's view obviously)

Level 13
I'm not quite sure but I have strong feelings on the first one with a black hat as he looks pretty damn doped up.

Level 6
Guy #3 answers that his hat is red, because if it was black, Guy #2 would've already known his hat color. Since Guy #2 does not speak up, Guy #3 will know his hat is whatever color Guy #4's isn't.

Also, everyone knows this puzzle.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Are you sure they're supposed to not face eachother in some fashion? That would sort of make the brickwall redundant.

Anyways, here's a simple one in the meantime.

A, B, C and D are to cross a bridge. The bridge can hold a total of 2 people. It's a moonless night, so a flashlight is needed in order to cross safely. The group share one flashlight.
  1. A takes 1 minute to cross.
  2. B takes 2 minutes to cross.
  3. C takes 8 minutes to cross.
  4. D takes 10 minutes to cross.
Two people can only make it over in the rate of which the slowest party can cross. For instance, if B and C were to cross the bridge it would take 8 minutes (C), if A and D were to cross it would take 10 minutes (D) etc. Can you come up with a combination that allows them all to cross the bridge safely in a total of 17 minutes?

Can you come up with a combination that allows them all to cross the bridge safely in a total of 17 minutes?

Aha!
This is a Yes or No question.
The answer is No.

Nevermind, I think I got it.

The thing is, one guy is going to have to go across the bridge multiple times to guide the remaining people using the flashlight.

edit
Meh, impossible.
I'm going to stick with a solid No.

edit
Wait, I see what you did there. Most people would assume that everyone has to end up on one side of the bridge ;)

edit
Okay, ladies and gentlemen, I'm stupid.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
The thing is, one guy is going to have to go across the bridge multiple times to guide the remaining people using the flashlight.
Who says he/she can't?
Wait, I see what you did there. Most people would assume that everyone has to end up on one side of the bridge ;)
Crossing the bridge, implying getting across from point 1 (one side of the bridge) to point 2 (other side of the bridge). It's not a cheap feint like that.
I'm going to stick with a solid No.
Bah, I guess I did pose that like a polar question. Let me rephrase:
Find a combination which allows them all to cross the bridge safely in a total of 17 minutes.

Level 9
if I suddenly get the ability to time travel. will my time traveling phase co-exist with my time suspended self? Will I die in time traveling phase due to the fact that the properties of matter are suspended and I cannot absorb oxygen since frozen time does not allow them to move?

will time travel be possible?

Will I die in time traveling phase due to the fact that the properties of matter are suspended and I cannot absorb oxygen since frozen time does not allow them to move?

No. Even though you aren't getting oxygen, you're body won't need it since time will be frozen.

will time travel be possible?

It's been possible since the creation of the universe.
We've always been traveling through time.
We're moving to the future.
Nothing can stop you from going to the past, the problem is, it's hard to do so.
In order to slow down time, you need to get really close to the speed of light.
In order to go back in time, I'm going to guess that you need to go faster than
the speed of light.

To go faster than the speed of light, you would need to be made of tachyons or
neutrinos, but you aren't, so .. yeah...

You can probably send objects back in time or to the future (Is negative speed
even possible!?)

Maybe in the future, we will find ways to convert bradyons to tachyons, or better
yet, neutrinos. Neutrinos have a dual nature and are thus able to go faster and
slower than the speed of light.

This is probably dangerous, but it's the only way I can think of on the spot.

Level 9
No. Even though you aren't getting oxygen, you're body won't need it since time will be frozen.

It's been possible since the creation of the universe.
We've always been traveling through time.
We're moving to the future.
Nothing can stop you from going to the past, the problem is, it's hard to do so.
In order to slow down time, you need to get really close to the speed of light.
In order to go back in time, I'm going to guess that you need to go faster than
the speed of light.

To go faster than the speed of light, you would need to be made of tachyons or
neutrinos, but you aren't, so .. yeah...

You can probably send objects back in time or to the future (Is negative speed
even possible!?)

Maybe in the future, we will find ways to convert bradyons to tachyons, or better
yet, neutrinos. Neutrinos have a dual nature and are thus able to go faster and
slower than the speed of light.

This is probably dangerous, but it's the only way I can think of on the spot.

[06-36-12] HFR: Crayons, loaalaoalaoalaolaololladon
[06-37-07] Crayons: HFR, [03-24-06] Dionesiist: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
[06-37-42] HFR: Crayons, [20-36-07] HFR: Crayons, loaalaoalaoalaolaololladon[20-37-17] Crayons: HFR, [03-24-06] Dionesiist: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
[06-37-55] Crayons: [06-37-42] HFR: Crayons, [20-36-07] HFR: Crayons, loaalaoalaoalaolaololladon[20-37-17] Crayons: HFR, [03-24-06] Dionesiist: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
[06-38-19] HFR: Crayons, [20-38-04] Crayons: [06-37-42] HFR: Crayons, [20-36-07] HFR: Crayons, loaalaoalaoalaolaololladon[20-37-17] Crayons: HFR, [03-24-06] Dionesiist: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

I thought we're gonna get another Paradox debate lol.

Reactions: HFR
Status
Not open for further replies.