• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello xDeathKnightx!
I have just looked at the map in the WE and it is wonderful! Yo've done a good job! If you still want to edit my map you can, but i do not think that it needs more correction. Many thanks for your help. :)
And thanks for your cool tutorial, too. :)
Yours sincerely
Mgeterno11

Here are some pictures for Jones's map. I covered 2.5/5 of the map for now!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 94
Level 10
As you already know i need a terrainer to help with my map. As you stated heres the forum need

Desired Area: For now I'm looking for the first 2 cities, 2 Creep area, and 1 dungeon area
Tileset: the towns should have a brick layout with a cross of stone work(if you guys can think of a better pattern go for it. The first forest should be a forest theme so grass tilesets should be used as for the second creep area is more of a desert feel. The dungeon is more of another city so the same tileset for the first city.
Deadline: Not really in that big of a hurry. but would like it done before 6-20-11
theme: as stated in the tileset 2 cities, 1 forest, 1 desert, and another city feel
Import: I believe the owner before me imported the terraining pack so u should have everything you need

Level 2
I have a request
I am trying to get started with a troll campaign but I'm no good with a editor if possible could I ask you make a terrain for me or should I post idea and then you update?

Level 2
Here is specs
Desired Area: Troll camp and sort of a long canyon
Tileset: Northrend
Deadline: N/A
Theme: Blizzard, Outside
Imports: Don't know how to get
If you need map I'll try to get one with the idea

Level 10
@deathdoorway

As you already know i need a terrainer to help with my map. As you stated heres the forum need

Desired Area: For now I'm looking for the first 2 cities, 2 Creep area, and 1 dungeon area
Tileset: the towns should have a brick layout with a cross of stone work(if you guys can think of a better pattern go for it. The first forest should be a forest theme so grass tilesets should be used as for the second creep area is more of a desert feel. The dungeon is more of another city so the same tileset for the first city.
Deadline: Not really in that big of a hurry. but would like it done before 6-20-11
theme: as stated in the tileset 2 cities, 1 forest, 1 desert, and another city feel
Import: I believe the owner before me imported the terraining pack so u should have everything you need

I will take this request, sounds like you already have the map started, add it to your post or send a P.M. so I can begin working on it. I may ask for more specifics about the size of each of the areas as time comes, if it is not a problem with you I will direct questions via P.M. as not to flood the thread.

@girite
Desired Area: Troll camp and sort of a long canyon
If you want the terrainer to create the terrain from a blank map make sure you include the dimensions of the base map in this criteria, for example, 128 x 128.
Imports: Don't know how to get
Not to come off as rude, but you may want to familiarizer with the editor before making a request, there are many tutorials on this website that can help you with the basics of any topic including imports. If you seem to know what you are doing it will make the people helping you with your map more confident that there work won't end up being in a bust project.

Another few screenshots of Jones's map.
The map to Jones is being uploaded in the pastebin and is going to be sent to him depending on the time of the upload.
Credits expected. :)

I'll be taking on Nightblades request from today. Your going to have your map by the end of the week. :)

~Oz

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 94
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 93
Level 9
Oz..are you taking my request from today or jones's request will be sent to him at the end of
the week?

Thats some nice terrains you got there!

Level 11
Help terraining an AoS map

Hi, I am not very good at terraining, so I was gonna check if I could get some help here with that :) ofcourse I'll give credits to the one who makes it. I have just put some VERY basic terrain out, and alot of areas are still plain blank.

Desired Area:
Tileset: Sunken Ruins, use the ones that are available there :)
Deadline: No deadline, but would be nice with a fast job so I could continue with the map :)
Theme: The map is an island, so you could put ocean in the corners so you get a feeling of being on an island. Jungle area in the middle between 2 bases, make some ruins if you like to add some varieties. Each corner of the map is still blank, you can use your imagination there, don't have to be playable area.
Import: Use no imports, it's a multiplayer map so need to be as small as possible :)
Map size: 148x177 (playable)

Uhm, I think that is about it, if you have more questions about it just ask :)

Level 10
Sorry XP i will send map in morning. Also Could use another terrainer for a serious project in the work that relates to the RPG request. Looking for a dungeon pure map. Only need 3 dungeons for now to be created but think of it as a project the will come and go for who ever takes itup. For example I'll add a dungeon or 2 every 3 updates to the main map.

Level 11
Here is the map xDeathKnightx :) sorry I couldn't find where to upload it elsewhere :/ but just delete this post once you have taken the map. You have the password in your private messages :)

Also added in attachments a little guideline on how it should look :)

Attachments

• BoST.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • Map Terrain Info.jpg
    Map Terrain Info.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 78
Level 22
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=xk2jjqDesired Area: Well I'm getting comments that I need to improve the terrain (it's the one thing that's pushing it towards a bad rating). So I would just like someone to improve the terrain. It's completed enough for you to see the style of the map.

Tileset:
It's using the Icecrown Glacier titleset

Deadline: - I would like it within 1 week if possible.

Theme: It's pretty much a place in a snowy place which was destroyed by demons (keep in mind that all humans should be the undead units found at Natural - Hostile > Posessed Man, Woman, Child.

Import: I prefer none.

Link: Monster Showdown Ultimate

Level 4
Desired Area: all 256 x 256
Tileset: Ashnavale
Deadline: i dont know !!!
Theme: Forest , towns , Camps 3 little towns
Import: b2m Pack's models
@ oziris sorry i cant open your map for 256 x 480 .. to open the map i want 256 x 256 ..... !!! thanks .... !!! :vw_sad:

Level 10
Well I don't think so, all that has to be done is to improve the terrain. I'm sure not so much needs to be changed in it, or am I wrong?

Well depends on what you want. If you want to make the game have a good aesthetic feel then a few things need to be done.
  • Remake terrain without blizzcliffs
  • Create a theme to each area instead of scattered doodads
  • Add tile height and tile texture variation
However if you just want the rest of the map to be filled in with doodads and such in the empty spaces fitting the current style, that will take much less time. I am not trying to say the current style of terraining is bad, but more so that it is simple and functional. If you want too keep it more on the side of simplicity over extravagant let me know, for now though I am beginning to sort out all the cliffs.

Level 22
Well depends on what you want. If you want to make the game have a good aesthetic feel then a few things need to be done.
  • Remake terrain without blizzcliffs
  • Create a theme to each area instead of scattered doodads
  • Add tile height and tile texture variation
However if you just want the rest of the map to be filled in with doodads and such in the empty spaces fitting the current style, that will take much less time. I am not trying to say the current style of terraining is bad, but more so that it is simple and functional. If you want too keep it more on the side of simplicity over extravagant let me know, for now though I am beginning to sort out all the cliffs.

I don't know... in the thread they are pretty much complaining about the terrain being too empty and some doodats used wrong.

You may surprise me though, you know terraining better than me :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.