• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your inspiration for making maps/campaigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'll go first.
Id say my first inspiration was the rexar campaign, it made me think I could do my own version of this with better characters and quests, my second inspiration was the wanders of sorceria campaign, primary the very first level and some levels in the 2nd book where you have to capture enemy generals with souls gems to restore them to their normal forms. Finally my third inspiration came from a mission in the troll campaign. I believe the mission is called "Illopis counsel" or something like that. What the mission entailed is fighting your way to the top floor of a counsel building where you are confronting the corrupted leader who is in charge of this society. This third inspiration also reminded me of the movie "equilibrium", and that was a very interesting movie.

What are some of your?

Level 3
In my case it inspired me to try and create something in the world editor, however I was never fully successful at it, so the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.