• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW model converting / is there any model like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Could anyone convert this model from wow to wc3 please?
i couldnt find any other model which looks that way

undeadbeast.JPG

it would be so great to have this one :)

its called "Undeadbeast" and it can be found in the patch.mpq of WoW

i only need the model in mdx - dont need any textures

please sent it to [email protected] if you can convert it for me

or load it up anywhere :)

Level 4
D4U.ndead said:
yea i need it for a map but i already have the textures the only problem is an error when converting the m2 into mdx file.

you don't need to remove unused geosets it's not that big problem if the file is big

I think the problem you have with the m2 to mdx can be solved pretty easily. Get mdlvis to convert the m2 to .mdl, then use Yobgul's File Converter (Called War3 File Converter on this site i think) to convert .mdl to .mdx.

Level 3
i tried out nearly everything with mdlvis and the mdx to mdl converter. i converted m2 to mdl and then tried to convert to mdx with Yobgul's File Converter and there was an error which said there were any symobls expected in line 1...

i tried to convert directly from m2 to mdx and the model had no texture in the game and was invisible. i tried to convert to mdl and convert to mdl in mdlvis and the model was invisible...

dunno what to do with this file :<

Status
Not open for further replies.