• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WMW - Evolution v1.03

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
GenoHacker Presents

Wintermaul Wars - Evolution v1.03
Created by GenoHacker

Map Info:
This is a Wintermaul Wars map based on WMW TNG 2.0 - No Attack Animations. I initially started this project just to add hotkeys to everything and give stuff the correct positioning within the ui but it quickly became much more than that.

Im basically doing to this map what i did with my Green TD remake, "more consistent, better balancing, better towers, better triggers and systems, better terrain and generally a better playing experience."

Plus theirs finally a WMW map that has an active developer.

Currently Working On: Nothing Atm

Features:

-- No Air mode.
-- Complete terrain overhaul.
-- Auto-blink movement system.
-- Triggers have been made more efficient.
-- Overhauled all races with poison towers.
-- Removed a lot of fluff that wasnt being used.
-- QWER/ASDF/ZXCV hotkeys for everything applicable.
-- Rebalanced Health/Armour/Speed/Regen of all creeps.
-- Creeps are now invulnerable and have maxed movement speed in the center area.
-- Towers now cost food, this is to stop the unbearable lag that happens in previous versions of WMW.

-na or -noair -- Disables sending air units.
-rb or -random -- Gives you 1 random builder from each Race Building and an extra 25 gold.

Thanks to wSk_Avatar for WMW The Next Generation 2.0
Thanks to Kougetsu & Shirokami for WMW TNG 2.0 - No Attack Animations

-- Terrain is now symmetrically the same and has been aligned to a grid.
-- Got rid of a lot of fluff to decrease the size of the map.
-- Added standard QWER/ASDF/ZXCV hotkeys to everything applicable.
-- All towers now have equal HP and armour.
-- All creeps now have equal attack damage.
-- Minor Changes to Multiboard

-- Fixed Clan KizBot having Crippling poison.
-- Fixed Timlatte only being able to attack air units.
-- Fixed Beam Tower upgrade Tooltips.
-- Fixed Cenarius Tower Tooltip.
-- Moved Lumber to the Z key.
-- Equalized Health, Armour and Bounty of all Creeps.
-- Changed Armour Type of some units.

-- More Changes to stats of creeps.
-- Minor Fixes to Icons and Tooltips.
-- Creeps are now invulnerable in most of the middle area and have increased move speed and hp regen.
-- Overhauled poison towers.
-- Towers are now limited to 200, added Farm building.
-- All creeps now have the Ghost
-- Added No Air command

-- Redone tooltips for all creeps.

Screenshots:

237040-albums8774-picture106963.jpg

237040-albums8774-picture106966.jpg

237040-albums8774-picture106964.jpg

237040-albums8774-picture106962.jpg

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
WMW, Wintermaul, Wintermaul Wars, Tower Defence, Defence, Tower, Towers, Maul Wars
Contents

WMW - Evolution v1.03 (Map)

Reviews
22:00, 7th Apr 2016 Rufus: Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay:17 / 30Aesthetics:6 / 20Total:27 / 50 Rating Chart 45-505/5 Highly Recommended35-444/5 Recommended25-343/5 Useful15-242/5 Lacking0-141/5 Unacceptable Gameplay The map does not have...

M

22:00, 7th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:17 / 30
Aesthetics:6 / 20
Total:27 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
The map does not have very high quality
I didn't find the map very fun, as the every race is limited to only two tower types in the beginning, offering towers of increased power only a lot later in terms of gold cost. You felt very restricted.
The sent mercenaries / creeps were kind of unbalanced. The flying machines didn't fly (change name and model?) and they were ridicoulusly strong for their cost. We only played with one player in each team. perhaps with a full house, it might have become more balanced, but then all other units would be way too easy.
Offering only one type of cheap flying creep was strange.
What does the autoblink system actaully do except for moving your builders slightly? I found it more confusing than helpful.
I think the delay between between incomes was a little too long. Rather add more frequent income and less income everytime so the player needs to be more active.

I hope to see more races in the future aswell, as this is kind of the spirit of those maps, having a lot of alternatives.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
The standard WMW map does not have very appealing terrain, but that is still going to be part of my judgement. The terrain in this map is not appealing. Many of those competetive tower defence maps does usually not have very nice terrain as it is simply not needed. I think that this map can improve on some point however. A few things that I would have done:
-Remove the lightning bolts. perhaps replace with something else, but it is not needed.
-Add decoration on top of the cliffs were no units need to go anyway.
-Change spawn building models into somrthing more fitting, and decorate around them.
-The middle path where the creeps shouldn't be able to be targeted anyway can get more decoration
-Tiles could be improved by adding field of tiles in fancy patterns. Not spamming them and reducing clarity.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
-

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
I couldn't see any cool ideas that was new to this game, so it felt like a pretty basic makeover. However it is cool that such a big map is back in development and I think we can expect out of this in the long run.

I'm not quite sure what to do with this map. As it has few changes from the original game, approval cannot follow until more special features are added. On the same time, it is a fully functioning game, although with a few balancing and variety issues.

Status set to Awaiting Update.

Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:17 / 30
Aesthetics:6 / 20
Total:27 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
The map does not have very high quality
I didn't find the map very fun, as the every race is limited to only two tower types in the beginning, offering towers of increased power only a lot later in terms of gold cost. You felt very restricted.
The sent mercenaries / creeps were kind of unbalanced. The flying machines didn't fly (change name and model?) and they were ridicoulusly strong for their cost. We only played with one player in each team. perhaps with a full house, it might have become more balanced, but then all other units would be way too easy.
Offering only one type of cheap flying creep was strange.
What does the autoblink system actaully do except for moving your builders slightly? I found it more confusing than helpful.
I think the delay between between incomes was a little too long. Rather add more frequent income and less income everytime so the player needs to be more active.

I hope to see more races in the future aswell, as this is kind of the spirit of those maps, having a lot of alternatives.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
The standard WMW map does not have very appealing terrain, but that is still going to be part of my judgement. The terrain in this map is not appealing. Many of those competetive tower defence maps does usually not have very nice terrain as it is simply not needed. I think that this map can improve on some point however. A few things that I would have done:
-Remove the lightning bolts. perhaps replace with something else, but it is not needed.
-Add decoration on top of the cliffs were no units need to go anyway.
-Change spawn building models into somrthing more fitting, and decorate around them.
-The middle path where the creeps shouldn't be able to be targeted anyway can get more decoration
-Tiles could be improved by adding field of tiles in fancy patterns. Not spamming them and reducing clarity.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
-

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
I couldn't see any cool ideas that was new to this game, so it felt like a pretty basic makeover. However it is cool that such a big map is back in development and I think we can expect out of this in the long run.

I'm not quite sure what to do with this map. As it has few changes from the original game, approval cannot follow until more special features are added. On the same time, it is a fully functioning game, although with a few balancing and variety issues.

Status set to Awaiting Update.