• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WIP: Sulfuras, Hand Of Ragnaros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I haven't seen this weapon on the hive workshop yet, thought it was a little weird, specially because we have a thunderfury.

Anyway, let me get on to what I'm doing.

So here is basically what I have.

204954-albums8814-picture107501.png

I want to keep it all in-game textures.

But I can't really find any which I could use to match the original.
attachment.php

Wondering if any of you guys know of any in-game textures I could use.
I'm already messing with DarkPortal03 and Cave_Lava and a few others, but They don't really fit the colour scheme :/

Attachments

• Sulfaras.PNG
    Sulfaras.PNG
    264.2 KB · Views: 1,326
Level 11
Lol yeah, my knowledge of textures which fits this kinda weapon is fairly poor. And my creativity when it comes to wrapping is poor. But I figure the more I do it the better I'll eventually become.

I did add the same texture additive to make it more glowy and shiny but it's a bit meh.

Gonna keep playing with it, uploaded it to get more feedback

Level 11
I would suggest using the be_armor.blp from the directory: UI -> Glues -> SinglePlayer -> Alliance_Exp

View attachment 153755

Thanks, I think I used the other texture there BloodElf_Old or something.
I believe I used this at first but then after I started using geoset animation colours this one didn't fit the bill. There wasn't any rune-like patterns similar to the blood mage on the texture either.

Anyway

Thanks for the input guys, helped a lot :)
Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros

Status
Not open for further replies.