• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Wierdest Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have a really wierd problem with the current spell I am making, its the trigger that has the problem. Basically when you cast it on a single target its suppose to make a dummy unit every 3 seconds and attack. Now the dummy unit is given the item attack orb of corruption (which is altered), when the dummy unit does attack the target the armor reduction doesnt show at all. Now I have changed the ability from item to normal but that wasnt the case, and I have increased the duration of the dummy unit living but that wasn't either. If anyone has any idea of how to fix this please tell, I posed what the triggers look like.

Attachments

• Problem.JPG
    Problem.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Problempart2.JPG
    Problempart2.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 94
Level 3
You could try moving "Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to ShadowStepUnit" all the way down the trigger.

Use "Faerie Fire" as the ability for the dummy unit instead of Corruption? That way, you could have two dummies, one for attacking and one for casting Faerie Fire.

Level 4
Thank you for your suggesting, I did try putting the add expiration timer at the bottom but it didnt work. The thought of faerie fire has occured to me, but I dont know how to make buffs stack and a hero already has a faerire fire type ability and plus I dont want to see the unit. Thank you though, its just its a wierd problem.

Level 7
hmmm - think of ever adding the ability to the unit itself than removing it later on when the ability is to be "over" i kno their are some abilities in wc3 that u can mod to make it "self targeting" and it would do the armor deduction. i suggest attempting a method like this or not, just a suggestion from me

Level 24
I dont know how to make buffs

A buff will stack with a buff that does the exact same thing as long as it is not the same buff. So let's say you have a unit within the range of two endurance aura-based abilities. Provided they each have their own buffs, they will stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.