• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where would I find a save/load creation tutorial, or how would I trigger this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure there is a post somewhere on THW about how to create a save/load system. I believe I know how to make one, but I cant put my disorganized ideas together and I would rather simply read a tutorial or see the triggers for saving/loading. Basically, I am asking either for directions to a tutorial, or to view the triggers which save/load. This is for a ORPG, so it would need to save the hero, the hero's items, the player's gold, the abilities of the hero and level of the hero's abilities (heroes will not start with the abilities they end up with, and will not have abilities leveled automatically by leveling). I would also like to be able to save the hero's experience, but this would probably make the save/load code longer, and saving this would not be essential to the save/load system.

Status
Not open for further replies.