• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Should I Get?

Which one should I get?

• ASUS G Series G73JH-A3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alienware M15x

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Level 15
Here are the problems with the Asus:
1 hour battery life
Laptop cards != Desktop cards, that mHD5870 = HD5750, which retails for only $130 >.>
8gb of RAM, unless you love Photoshop or AutoCAD, those 8gb won't help at all, 4gb is fine.
Do you realize how heavy an 8 pound laptop is? And to carry that around?

Just get a decent Desktop and buy a netbook, you'll have better gaming and still have a good portable computer.

And to the Alienware, they always suck, and we can't see your cart even

Level 11
lol... 8 pounds isnt too bad, because mine is 8 pounds right now :p hehe but 1 battery hour i don't mind because i never use my laptop unplugged, but the 8 gig memory, the resolution and blueray player, all get me hyped up... but as for alienware... idk they look amazing, but its technology is out of date... =/

Level 11
Blu-ray sucks ass, and like I said before, you won't use 8gb of RAM, games take around 2gb, max.

Really now... Blu-ray sucks??? hah what a joke, but about the 8gb of ram... i like to run a lot of program at once... i like to make high quality videos... trust me, i had a desktop with 4 gigs of ram.. sure 4 gigs may be good for games... but what i do with it is a whole other level

Level 15
Blu-ray does suck, the drives are overpriced, the disks have a slow data transfer rate, and it's unreliable as hell.

It's cheaper to just get a 1tb external HDD and you'll have more performance and capacity than a Blu-Ray

Don't buy into the marketing BS, because thats what it is

Level 11
hah, ill just let you know i have 3 blueray players in my home... all 3 are very fast, and having a home theatre really lets u know how well a movie can look... so sayin blue-rays suck will not change my thought about them... cause i already made my decision... and lol everyone i know who has an ASUS all given me good reasons to get one... but i guess ill just wait till later this summer to see if something better comes out... but if not, ill just stick with this one :p hehe

Level 15
Of course those Blu-Ray players are faster, think of how much larger they are, now, fit all that tech into a tiny box measuring about .5x5x5 inches.

That, is why computer Blu-Ray players are over-hyped, and the pre-burned movies are faster always, self burned discs are slow as hell.

Level 11
Meh... blu-ray player or not i would still get that laptop lol.. and i dont really burn stuff much and even if it is slow... i dont mind waiting, i can always listen to some music or go do something to wait... so time is no problem for me :p

Level 1
Now, look here. An ASUS motherboard has no match is it id mounted with a Nvidia GE Force and an Intel i7/AMD Phenom II X6. That's my own configuration. It works like Hell. But IF YOU CAN EXTEND YOUR BUDGET, I'll recommend an Alienware.

Level 11
I compared alienware.... i get everyone i could with alienware (which is all out of date) and the price adds up to $2500... for an out of date computer.... hmm... not gonna happen

Level 15
Now, look here. An ASUS motherboard has no match is it id mounted with a Nvidia GE Force and an Intel i7/AMD Phenom II X6. That's my own configuration. It works like Hell. But IF YOU CAN EXTEND YOUR BUDGET, I'll recommend an Alienware.

Besides your obvious violations of the English language, you are really not very intelligent in your recommending of a desktop processor for a laptop, and it's Geforce, not GE Force.

And just as a btw, Geforce's aren't as good as you think, they have the most powerful single GPU card (Geforce GTX480), but it uses a hell of alot more power and has less performance than the dual-GPU card from ATI (Radeon HD5970)

Also, Alienwares are just Dell's in a nice case.

Level 3
8 pounds i'sent that bad.

Video games a some point may be using blue-ray s
it also has 2 hard drives stick those in Raid 0 for more performance
i trust Asus they are solid laptops
Dell not so much ive had bad experience

Status
Not open for further replies.