• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Royale: Wisp Model Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello, i'm working on a map called Warcraft Royale and i've got this custom unit that i've made, based on the model Guardian Wisp by JesusHipster. It has a nice grand feel to it, which makes it perfect for an upgraded wisp unit. In terms of gameplay the unit is already complete and functional, but i have a few problems with the model. There's no team color, which is kind of annoying since my map is a 24 player map designed for competetive play. So it's essential for units to have team color.

What i'm looking for:
-Upscale by 30%, because it's kind of small by default.
-Add team color.

I've talked with JesusHipster, the author of the model and i've gotten the OK sign for editing. The reason he won't fix it is because he's not doing modelling at the moment.

Attachments

• Ancient Wisps.jpg
    Ancient Wisps.jpg
    975.7 KB · Views: 1,336
Level 8
Hello, I'd like help you, even if I only can offer you an imperfect alternative.
I tested this Guardian wisp model and you can make custom unit wisps (recolored in Object Editor, Art Tinting Color - and the wisp's outer area will be recolored) for every player with different colors and then you can make a trigger like this: Each player will begin with different colored wisp (actions: Unit, Create units Facing Angle)
Upscale (if I understand it correctly, you mean the model size) well you can change the unit height in object editor:
Art - scaling value

Level 24
Upscaling causes a few problems. If you have a model that requires upscaling or downscaling, lets say you have a model that has to be set to 1.8 to fit in with normal warcraft models, all buffs on that target look massive and it doesn't look very good.
Tinting won't really cut it either simply for aestethic reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.