• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Very simple models - cube, cricle, triangle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lej

Lej

Level 3
Making a map and would need some simple models. Tried some myself but it didn't work out very well.

They should all have the same thickness and it should be about 1/5 of the squares width. The bottom of the models should rest on the ground.

No animation needed. They should just look the same when they stand and move.

For the texture they only need teamcolored everywhere.

Maybe thanks in advance!

Picture of what I need:

Attachments

• shapes.jpg
    shapes.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 115

Lej

Lej

Level 3
Acually I took the time to read thru some tutorials more carefully and experiment with war3modeleditor and I managed to make the models. Only having one problem. I can only select them by dragging a box around them. Clicking on them doesn't work :/

shapemodelses6.jpg

So you really badly need those models. Time to finish this. Just tell me how many sides you want for the circle

So, those minumum/maximum extents have this purpose. I remember when I used old tank model from wc3sear.ch which had this defect.

Attachments

• trikotnik.MDX
    1.8 KB · Views: 82
  • kvadrat.MDX
    2.1 KB · Views: 77
  • romb.MDX
    1.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Lej

Lej

Level 3
My circle had 20 sides and that looked pretty good. That isn't to much is it?

Last edited:

Lej

Lej

Level 3
Thanks a lot Mechanical Man. I changed the thickness and texture of the models a bit but using your models as a base solved the can select with click problem.

If you have time could you tell me what program you use to model, what exporter you use and maybe even how to make a simple model (square for example). If not maybe you can give linkage to some tutorial? Thanks a lot anyway!

Lej

Lej

Level 3
why, you can use milkshape! (dont kill me, i know it's !@#$ing hard to animate in ms3d)

That's what I tried to do but somehow I managed to make the models unselectable unless you dragged a box around them. Are there any guides around for how to export/convert .ms3d files to warcraft format?

And how is wc3 modeling+otherrelated stuff in milkshape vs Max? One makes the process simpler? Well not the modeling process but exporting correctly and such. If so what version of Max should one use?

Last edited:
Level 45
use guesst's exporter(best ms exporter for wc3 mdx to date! :D ), instantly codes the extents in when you export:
http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=86308

to export in max for wc3, use v5, (v5 is rare..and like..500mb for me) since that is compatible with art tools and at wc3c that smart little blokes have found many ways to bend its curves for exporting and importing.

Status
Not open for further replies.