• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Upgrading Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
alright, I am working on a new version of my map which involves upgrades. I have 3 uprades, each of which can go up to level 50. My problem is, it seems that when one player upgrades, it can sometimes show that other players have also upgraded it, when they didn't even pay for it. The strange thing is, eventhough it showed that the player has the upgrade (even when he didn't research it), the trigger didn't run, which means it didn't update some variables I need to be altered everytime they research something. I have a trigger that looks like this:

Event - A unit finishes research
Condition - Research equal to RANGE = true
Action - Set variable

So, I need to figure out why these people show they are getting upgraded, when they havn't paid for them and ACTUALY rrsearched it, which means they didn't get the REAL effect of the upgrade. I know I probably didn't explain it very well. If something is unclear just post and ask, thanks!

Level 6
i figured it out, under the object editor, if you look at the upgrade one of the things you can toggle is "transfer tech on ownership-changed unit". This map has alot of that, and well, there ya go. I just had to turn those all off.

Status
Not open for further replies.