• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrading Item abilities on items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I was just wondering; is it possible to use triggers to add abilities to already existant items, or do you have to create a seperate item and switch them to gain the different or bonus effect?

(is there some JASS that has, add ability to Item?)

Level 12
You can increase the level of an ability on an item, by just using the item's ability on Set Unit ability level.

I think that you can use a spellbook and give it passive abilities and they will work on the item (just don't make it actively used)

Then you make it so the level 1 of the spellbook has 1 ability, level 2 has 2 abilities and so and so.

Then just change the level of the spellbook ability

Level 10
It was mainly for making an upgrading item ability that would allow you to add attributes onto your weapon. I just wanted to do something easier than making 1 of each item. Thanks i;'ll try that.

[edit] wait are you talking about something like this

Set level of DUMMY ability: for owner of X item to Y level?

Status
Not open for further replies.