• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unable to find the field for "Art - Model File - Portrait"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Halpmeh. :hohum:

I can't seem to find the field in my world editor object editor titled:

"Art - Model File - Portrait"

Now I'm not a fool; I understand it should be in the vicinity of:

"Art - Model File"

It's not there. The only fields I have for model file are Art - Model File - Extra Versions: and Art - Model File.

I understand that doodads do not contain this field. I looked for this field under Units>Heroes... NOT doodads. So it should be present, right?

But alas, it seems that I must have an older worldedit or something like that.
I would really appreciate it if somebody would explain to me why this is, and eternally grateful if a person provided me with the proper solution to my current predicament.

I was led to this discovery when I was reading the tutorial for importing the "T-51b Power Armor Unit (TC)" with mind that there must be something special i needed to do with this certain model because it was not loading in my map, and I now assume the reason for the model's fussiness was the fact that I have no portrait field for the model file. With all of these reasons to back me up, I assume it must have something to do with the world editor.

Link to the tutorial for the "T-51b Power Armor Unit (TC)":

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?id=tgvzpx&p=tutorial_import

Link to the page for the "T-51b Power Armor Unit (TC)":

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...unit-tc-131627/?prev=search=t-51b&d=list&r=20

Level 16
Dude...The portrait is used onli ingame. You can not give your unit the portrait the game engine makes it for you already ingame.

Status
Not open for further replies.