• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

um Help with Importing skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
ok. Maybe this topic has been over worked. But, I need someone to explain THOROUGHLY on how to import them. Or a link to a F.A.Q. What i mean is by thoroughly is, Explain each step clearly. I know how to use the import menu, f12...But when i put the path it doesn't seem to work. And do i start the Path by c:/...etc? or another way, please help.
thanks

Chilly

help is on the way,
1. download skin
2. extract skin from zip file
3. go to world editor, then open the improt manager, then import the blp(skin) file.
4. before you do this, make sure you have the wc3 viewer, you can download it off this site in the tools section
5. from the wc3viewer, find out the path of the skin by looking in the treeview on blp for the unit. example- unit\orc\peon\peon.blp ( not all of them are like that, some are like this- textures\herodemonhunter.blp
6.once you have the path, on the world editor in the import manger, change the path of the skin by double clicking on it, clicking on the checkmark box, and typing in the path.
7. save map. close map
8. reopen editor, the unit should now have a new skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.