• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trigger that displays name of region while camera is over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
OK so this isn't really a broken trigger, just that I've been told this trigger does not exist, so maybe someone knows better. I was also told to try posting my problem here, so that's what I'm doing. Sorry if I was wrong to do so.

OK so here is my problem. Outland Risk is going to have a lot of different regions that are all quite close to each other but which have no distinct borders. For instance, there's about 8 different regions in SMV, so tiles and terrain is not really enough to make a clear distinction between region borders. My initial solution was to have the name of each region be displayed on the player's screen when they enter a new region, then have the message fade after 3 seconds and have a command to disable this function. By this I don't mean units entering a new region but when a player's camera moves from one region to the next, so it would be quick and easy to tell which bases belonged to which regions. However, I have been told this is not possible. Does anyone know a way to make it possible or does anyone have a better solution?

Someone also told me this might be possible with the cursor. Maybe if you move the cursor over that region or a base in the region it is possible? Maybe the circle of power for each base? Although I think the circle of power might be a generic one only, but I'll ask priwin. (however I don't think bases will work, as all bases will be replaced with standard ones for that player's race. if you've played wow risk and done race mode you'll know what I mean)
Thank you so very much for any help!

Level 8
Sorry! Someone in the other thread just said I should post the issue here. I thought he might be right, guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.