• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transforming ally/unally( trigger help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Transforming ally/unally

EDIT: Is there a way I could have somebody who's the Killer in the game, transform into his Killer form and kill the Humans, without being allied?

Attachments

• Death.w3x
    438.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Level 5
so you want basically that whenever the person uses death form, he loses his alliances with all the players and then gains it back when he turns into human form?

No offense, but what would be the purpose of that? If the other players would see him they would see his name and they would also see that the player is not an ally of theres any more...

Level 2
I also want the owner of the unit to change to Player 12 when in Death form, so they would see player 12, not the real killer. Player 12 is just a comp, and I already have a trigger to give ally/full control between the killer and Player 12

Edit: I get what you're saying now, *slaps head*. Well, do you know any other way of doing something like that?

Level 5
Hmmm.... You basically want it so that when this person uses his death form, no one knows who the player is keeping his other units "safe".

What I would suggest is that when your unit is in "death form" you give ownership to "player 12" of the unit, and you give unit sharing from player 12 to the person that triggered it. This would make sure that no one knows who the person in death form is.

Hope it helps! :smile:

Level 2
Hmmm.... You basically want it so that when this person uses his death form, no one knows who the player is keeping his other units "safe".

What I would suggest is that when your unit is in "death form" you give ownership to "player 12" of the unit, and you give unit sharing from player 12 to the person that triggered it. This would make sure that no one knows who the person in death form is.

Hope it helps! :smile:

Could I get some specific triggers, I tried the same concept but it wasn't functioning. please :grin:

edit: my trigger was
  • Events- A unit begins casting an ability.
  • Conditions-
  • Actions- If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Owner of (Casting unit)) Equal to (Player(killer))
      • (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to |cffFFFF00Human|r
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Death Form
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Casting unit) to Player 12 (Brown) and Change color
    • Else - Actions
      • Do nothing
vice versa for going back to human form.

Level 5
Could I get some specific triggers, I tried the same concept but it wasn't functioning. please :grin:

edit: my trigger was
  • Conditions-
  • Actions- If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Casting unit) to Player 12 (Brown) and Change color
    • Else - Actions
      • Do nothing
vice versa for going back to human form.

Very close! The last thign we need to add is giving shared control over all units owned by player (12). This would look like this:

• Conditions-
    • If - Conditions
    • Then - Actions
      • Player - Make Player 12 (Brown) treat (Owner of (Casting unit)) as an Ally with shared vision and full shared units
    • Else - Actions
Note that this will give shared control to all units owned by player 12 to the triggering player. Unless there is a Jass script for this (I dont know jass) then this is the only thing you can do in GUI that would relate to your problem. Hope it helps! :thumbs_up:

On a side note... Do nothing triggers have no purpose for anything in GUI except for the "If then else" action. So don't add it... waste of time! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.